Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMAXHOSTING - MORE CHEATS. AVOID! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UMAXHOSTING - MORE CHEATS. AVOID!

Comments

• +1 for bad service. I cancelled within 1 week. Extremely slow service, even after choosing 1GB port. I made a mistake of making 1 year payment. Have been asking for refund for 6 weeks now and they close the ticket after 7 days without reply.

• @Myelin said:
    +1 for bad service. I cancelled within 1 week. Extremely slow service, even after choosing 1GB port. I made a mistake of making 1 year payment. Have been asking for refund for 6 weeks now and they close the ticket after 7 days without reply.

PayPal dispute. If you used a credit card, chargeback.

A week is ample time to wait.

• Late to the party, but wanted to say I wish I'd bother researching them before pulling the trigger. I had a great host, but the price was starting to no longer feel competitive, and I came across these dirtbag's "Black Friday" listing.

In the three weeks I was with these clowns, I had two incidents of having my hosting turned off for "load issues" -- 1) if you're going to turn off a hosting plan, MAYBE you should send an e-mail notification you're doing so. 2) maybe bother doing a CLEAN shutdown instead of just pulling the plug out the back of the machine? Forced FSCK's suck, corrupted / incomplete log files suck more.

But more so, the VPS plan in question claimed to be 4 cores with 6gb of RAM -- but ALL that had been installed to that point was a typical howtoforge Debian 9 "perfect server" and four low traffic semi-static websites. There wasn't even anything installed yet to create real load, and it was all stuff that (apart from SpamAssassin always dying due to lack of RAM) I had been hosting on a single core 1gb plan.

I started to install PHP 7.2 (obviously) which meant doing a make / make install... nothing I've not done before but I was noticing it took a riduculous amount of time to compile. We're talking 30+ minutes, for something that on my old single core 2.4ghz plan elsewhere took under a minute? 3ghz quad core my ass! The performance is so bad it felt more like what came for hosting with my dialup plan twenty years ago.

THEN the server just plain went awol so even SolusVM couldn't find it. They never explained WHY it happened, just that they were "working on it"... and then again, and then again.

The final straw? My crazy goog rankings dropped because for a "VPS" there were 189 other domains on the same IP addy, and many of them were blacklisted spam shells. Even more salt in the wound was when my pagespeed evaluation dropped 21% because the ping time was a ape-s*** ridiculous 600ms, meaning a normal HTTP handshake was pushing up towards TWO SECONDS!

In the fraction of a month I was hosting with them I had more outages and downtime than I've seen in the past decade across maintaining five different servers with three different providers!

So I ended up moving back into my old hosting, contacting my old provider (Afterburst) to cancel my cancellation. Thankfully I was smart, and paid an extra month and said to cancel when the current billing ran out. More so when I explained what happened and why I was coming back, they flipped me over to one of their KVM plans for free that came with an extra gig of RAM fixing the entire reason I was even moving in the first place!

Sometimes you gotta stick with what's working -- I'm just glad Paypal is taking my side on this and I've already gotten my instant chargeback.

Bottom Line, UMaxHosting is quite clearly a scam run by dishonest dirtbags who over-sell their capabilities in the extreme. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using some form of emulation to lie to solus and VPS instances about the hardware pretending to offer more than actually exists.

I knew it was too good to be true; I basically knew they were a snake, and I still let them bite me.

Thanked by 2Chuck eol
  • If you go for https://colohost.lgbt and later complain that a guy suxxed ya dxk then it's your fault

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • deathshadowdeathshadow Member
    edited January 2019

@uxtvdl said:
    If you go for https://colohost.lgbt and later complain that a guy suxxed ya dxk then it's your fault

Pretty much what I meant in my final sentence. Fully willing to admit I may have gone full Pakled in falling for it.

• so you bought server with 4 cores with 6gb of RAM but they put you on a server with 1/4 core and 128mb RAM? Sue these con artists!

• It is just abysmal that colocrossing allows these kinds of resellers on their network to begin with. Anything on colocrossing (and hence on deluxe.com) is basically oversold to the point where I'd never ever get anything hosted there.

Further shame on them for advertising these hosts KNOWING how much they pay for their servers and how much boxes they'd need to sell to break even. IMO it's criminal how colocrossing does this.

• @teamacc said:
    It is just abysmal that colocrossing allows these kinds of resellers on their network to begin with. Anything on colocrossing (and hence on deluxe.com) is basically oversold to the point where I'd never ever get anything hosted there.

Further shame on them for advertising these hosts KNOWING how much they pay for their servers and how much boxes they'd need to sell to break even. IMO it's criminal how colocrossing does this.

hands you a pitchfork and a torch

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Nothing new !

• Same ol same ol

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Year 2019 is here. Same scammers, scam victims falling for similar tricks.

Nobody learns.

Thanked by 3eol jvnadr t0m
  • HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

I wonder if there is a list of scam based VPS providers out there that people could check before buying... little like a nuisance phone call list but different to review websites as they are easily faked

• @HostMedia said:
    I wonder if there is a list of scam based VPS providers out there that people could check before buying... little like a nuisance phone call list but different to review websites as they are easily faked

Sorted by new arrival

Thanked by 4eol uptime HostMedia t0m

@sudoranger said:

@HostMedia said:

Sorted by new arrival

Completely agree!

edited January 2019

No one, as in 96.66%, won't use that. You are asking idiots to spend efforts.

If they knew how to do some due diligence, they wouldn't have been scammed in the first place.

Let them be. Fools will always be fools.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Lets get a SnowVPS, gonna be premium.

• eoleol Member

@deank said:

No exceptions?

@deank said:
    No one, as in 96.66%, won't use that. You are asking idiots to spend efforts.

If they knew how to do some due diligence, they wouldn't have been scammed in the first place.

It is a sad fact - it is why so many of these "Top 10 best hosting companies 2019" with all their affiliate links seem to scam people into poor hosting services

• Thanked by 2eol HostMedia
  • I think the .com redirects to novametadedi ... beware

Thanked by 1eol
  • I think @AndrewSSD skylakehost looks like a candidate for that list, along with bigpowerhosting, of course.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:
    https://www.lowenddeadpool.info/

@solaire - time for an update?

Done :smile:

Thanked by 3eol uptime s4suke7
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Neoon said:

Check the wording on the location part. It's cc.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Neoon said:

Francisco

I took @Neoon's post as pure sarcasm.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2019

@wtfcook said:

@Francisco said:

@Neoon said:

Francisco

Oh I know. I'm just saying, check the wording.

It's worded in a way to try to cover up that it's at CC.

If the site is ashamed of their product, they should fix it. Of all the locations CC has, Chicago has rarely, if ever, had complaints.

Francisco

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@wtfcook said:

@Francisco said:

@Neoon said:

Francisco

Premium is mostly sarcasm in todays world, same as cloud.

Thanked by 1letbox

isheep believe iphones are premium.

Nuff said.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • eoleol Member

Premium price at least.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @uptime said:
    https://www.lowenddeadpool.info/

@solaire - time for an update?

I think it would be interesting to take a page like that, and to add to it who REALLY hosts their services. I mean, they're all resellers. Sure most of them are for colocrossing, but it would be interesting to know who for.

I mean, I know Afterburst, who I've used for six years and am now back on are just a front for Choopa. Others like OVH who I have two clients using are in fact full legitimate hosts and not a shell or reseller for anyone else.

Normal people don't have the skills to sit there going through RDNS lookups to figure that out, and whilst sure it's easy to say things like "derps are gonna derp, so just let them" in reality? That attitude just lets these scam artists get away with it.

But then the entire web development industry right now seems riddled with "let the scam artists have their fun, who cares how many people it screws". See halfwitted bullshit like bootcrap, react, vue, jQuery, LESS/SASS/OOCSS being used -- and even created -- by people unqualified to write a single blasted line of HTML or CSS. (as evidenced by their using 100k of HTML to do 10k's job, 500k of CSS to do 40k's job, and megabytes of incompetent scripting on sites that don't even warrant the presence of scripts)

"Web designers" who are artists, not actual designers. Developers who are unqualified to do anything more than copy/paste other people's work. Professional lecturers who's only concern is putting buns in seats at conferences and not actually promoting good practices... AND sleazy fly-by-night resellers?

Top to bottom this industry is a hive of scum and villainy.

But no, don't anyone DARE to come right out and say that. No, can't have that. How else can we maintain the echo-chambers of suck-ups and sycophants like Hashnode or Sitepoint where every two bit scam artist gets to shout-down and get banned anyone trying to do things properly.

Sorry, venting. We need to organize and start making it painful for these types of dirtbags.