Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIGPOWERHOSTING - down 1800 UTC ago - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIGPOWERHOSTING - down 1800 UTC ago

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

acidpuke said: I'm going to wait 72 hrs before I start a chargeback.

I would like to give them a chance at least, but I kinda have a bad feeling at this point with no announcement or response in 24hrs

@deank

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Endis Nigh reporting for duty.

The end is nigh.

• maybe their power are too big and destroyed all their hardware.

Thanked by 2netomx eol
    edited January 2019

Nah, the new owner simply wanted client e-mail addresses.

• they stolen everyone, twitter is gone too: https://twitter.com/bigpowerhosting

Thanked by 1eol
  • gg

Thanked by 1eol
  • Big power had too high power bill?

No, the supposedly new owner saw profit margin and said to himself, "dafuq?!", after purchasing the company for 7 bucks.

So, he opened a new thread to grab last bit of cash (Jan 5) and fled with client e-mail address list which he will sell for 17 bucks.

One steam game and it will be gone.

Thanked by 3uptime netomx eol
  • deank said: and fled with client e-mail address list which he will sell for 17 bucks.

That's big money out their , looking my self trying to buy such mailing list or at least add more to my 2 Subscriber mailing list :weary:

• if i am going to make a chargeback, whom the bank will take the money from? that company already gone and of course the money already gone. how can the bank do a reverse? :neutral:

• Luckily I just purchased a monthly plan so even if PayPal dispute failed,I only lost $1.25

Thanked by 1uptime

Normally, a bank will attempt to take fund from the scammer.

If that fails, the bank has two options.

1. Grant you the refund anyway. The bank will take the loss.
    2. Refuse your chargeback with an excuse letter sent to you.

Be careful when #1 happens because banks tend to remember small details for ... later.

• With big power, comes big electricity bill.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

Atlas shrugged ...

EDIT2: ... as LET passed some gas, and a collective shock of recognition ran the whole world 'round.

• eoleol Member

@Janevski said:
    With big power, comes big electricity bill.

LOL.
    Nice one.

Thanked by 1Janevski

Well, they had their chance. dispute 1 is on and ill open a new one today

• I went ahead and put mine in also, I said 72 hrs but F'em now, I prepaid for a year.

It takes 2 mins to post an update here if there was a serious problem. It appears they closed up shop.

Paypal refunded me immediately, I paid with their line of credit which is another layer of buyer protection.

Thanked by 2netomx coreflux
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

rip SMALLWEAKHOSTING

Thanked by 1coreflux

Well, I have escalated to Paypal the 2 services.

• @cybersans said:

i think the whole rack were down that include their firewall/dns/switch/server
    still no response from @bigpowerhost maybe today is still sunday to him/her and he/she still enjoy his/her vacation probably :blush:

They probably live in brazil

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • @edfox said:

@cybersans said:

i think the whole rack were down that include their firewall/dns/switch/server
    still no response from @bigpowerhost maybe today is still sunday to him/her and he/she still enjoy his/her vacation probably :blush:

They probably live in brazil

to avoid this tragedy happenning again, lowendtalk should ask this so-called provider to provide some IDs as a verification before publishing their offer? maybe put a guarantee bond 1st for example $1000 so that they will not simply run away? :smiley:

@Hassan said:
    rip SMALLWEAKHOSTING

you better replying user's ticket faster rather than trolling here. go fix your solusvm and ipv6 1st. i heard too many dissatisfaction about your after-sales-services.

@deank said:
    Normally, a bank will attempt to take fund from the scammer.

If that fails, the bank has two options.

1. Grant you the refund anyway. The bank will take the loss.
    2. Refuse your chargeback with an excuse letter sent to you.

Be careful when #1 happens because banks tend to remember small details for ... later.

unfortunately my bank's policy is only allow submitting dispute form withing 20 days from the closing date of the billing period. so, say goodbye to my $20 paid for a year that i already gave to this SMALLWEAKHOSTING for a service less than a 7 weeks. :neutral:

• cybersans said: to avoid this tragedy happenning again, lowendtalk should ask this so-called provider to provide some IDs as a verification before publishing their offer? maybe put a guarantee bond 1st for example $1000 so that they will not simply run away?

Lowendtalk is not providing services or hosting. It is just a forum that any random provider can post those offers. It is your responsibility to search if this provider is valid, in good standing, with good reviews and long enough in the market. If you see an ad on the TV, do you think that the TV station is doing a background check of the company's standing? It's not their job.

cybersans said: you better replying user's ticket faster rather than trolling here. go fix your solusvm and ipv6 1st. i heard too many dissatisfaction about your after-sales-services.

Do you have services from him ot you just throw mud? This is a discussion forum, NOT your helpdesk. If you don't like the answers, then, just GTFO.

cybersans said: unfortunately my bank's policy is only allow submitting dispute form withing 20 days from the closing date of the billing period. so, say goodbye to my $20 paid for a year that i already gave to this SMALLWEAKHOSTING for a service less than a 7 weeks

Again, this is entirely your fault. You bought a yearly service of a cost of $20 (it screams unreliable) from a new unknown smelly provider. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably not good. Stop crying and move forward, be more carefull the next time you'll chose provider.

Thanked by 3eol MikePT sin
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2019

@cybersans I was $20 for a month, so be thankful. ;-)
    I was that pissed off at another provider (trying to charge $31/m for an extra IP - they backed down), I was just about to move all USA sites to BPH, as the performance was good.
    Glad I didn't!

• eoleol Member

@jvnadr said:
    Again, this is entirely your fault. You bought a yearly service of a cost of $20 (it screams unreliable) from a new unknown smelly provider. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably not good. Stop crying and move forward, be more carefull the next time you'll chose provider.

Agreed.

• @jvnadr why so serious? i have a backward version, if you don't like what people post, then you should fck yourself too. learn how to fck yourself. its a new skill that you should add in your skills set. plus, i never mention you here, nothing about you in this thread, suddenly you are quoting me here. which hole that you are coming from? :wink:

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@cybersans said:
    ... if you don't like what people post, then you should fck yourself too. learn how to fck yourself. its a new skill that you should add in your skills set.

Instructions unclear.
    Care to elaborate on this important matter?

EDIT2:
    I even tried to make sense of your profile pic, but it rather looks like the hand of a saw industry victim.

• Relax. Watch out for TeslaHosting next. Harnessing free renewable power 2cents monthly

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

Not sure what if anything this host would have to do with Brazil - last I checked it seemed to be rather the entrepreneurial outlet of an otherwise studious lad from Poland ...?

EDIT2:

which in any case turned out to make as good a recipe for a winterhost as one might expect from anywhere else, I suppose. Best laid plans and all that ....

• @eol said:

@cybersans said:
    ... if you don't like what people post, then you should fck yourself too. learn how to fck yourself. its a new skill that you should add in your skills set.

Instructions unclear.

EDIT2:
    I even tried to make sense of your profile pic, but it rather looks like the hand of a saw industry victim.

no wonder that you won the title of "most useless comment of the year" last year :smiley:

anyway, it is a view of a fighter jet from above, if you have a think-out-a-box mindset :wink:

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@cybersans said:

@eol said:

@cybersans said:

Instructions unclear.

EDIT2:

no wonder that you won the title of "most useless comment of the year" last year :smiley:

If you just don't get the purpose doesn't mean the comment is useless.

anyway, it is a view of a fighter jet from above, if you have a think-out-a-box mindset :wink:

Nice try but sounds far fetched.
    It isn't even symmetrical.

EDIT2: