Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to move on up from NAT. 512 MB yearly VPS wanted.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to move on up from NAT. 512 MB yearly VPS wanted.

As it currently stands, I have an invoice due next week with $25 total coming up over the next few months. I'm currently on LowEndSpirit and realized I haven't even set up a VPS I ordered a while back. Given some future plans that require a little more RAM, I'd like to move up to something more production-ready. Anything on this is not really critical, so as long as there's decent uptime, that's fine.

VZ Type: Any is fine.
Number of Cores: Whatever I can get.
RAM: 512 MB minimum.
Disk Space: 3 GB minimum.
Disk Type: Any is fine.

Bandwidth: Anything reasonable is fine.
Port Speed: Gigabit.

DDoS Protection: Not needed as everything will be behind Cloudflare.

Number of IPs: 1.

Budget: Preferably $15, but I can go up to $25 yearly.

Billing period: Yearly.

@Francisco has what I'm looking for at $20 per year (KVM). @AnthonySmith has it at just under $16 per year (OpenVZ UK).

I'd like to make sure I'm not missing any other options from trusted providers here. My main focus, aside from the specs above, is to have a reputable, trusted provider that will strive for uptime, which I am willing to pay for. (That means no Wishosting, HostMyBytes, etc.) I would rather pay a few dollars more and have a provider trusted by the community at large than not.

Thanks in advance.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

r4h156 said: @Francisco has what I'm looking for at $20 per year (KVM). @AnthonySmith has it at just under $16 per year (OpenVZ UK).

um, its actually only €8.00 p/year for VZ (Pure NVMe with daily backups) :) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=178

Enjoy!

Thanked by 2TheRealDeal gol3m
  • If you want a KVM, TinyKVM is $15/yr w/ more RAM and native IPv6. https://tinykvm.com/

Thanked by 1uptime
  • There is nothing wrong with wishosting at all. @exception0x876 is a great guy and every VPS I have ever got from him is great, never had an issue.

• @AnthonySmith said:

r4h156 said: @Francisco has what I'm looking for at $20 per year (KVM). @AnthonySmith has it at just under $16 per year (OpenVZ UK).

um, its actually only €8.00 p/year for VZ (Pure NVMe with daily backups) :) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=178

Enjoy!

Huh. I read the quarterly price and never checked the other options.

Thanks. I just ordered and paid.

• @TheRealDeal said:
    There is nothing wrong with wishosting at all. @exception0x876 is a great guy and every VPS I have ever got from him is great, never had an issue.

I think maybe he was talking about woot, since he mentioned it with hostmybytes. Wishosting is awesome.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • r4h156r4h156 Member
    edited January 2019

@dahartigan said:

@TheRealDeal said:
    There is nothing wrong with wishosting at all. @exception0x876 is a great guy and every VPS I have ever got from him is great, never had an issue.

I think maybe he was talking about woot, since he mentioned it with hostmybytes. Wishosting is awesome.

Yeah, w00thosting. That one's my bad.

Mod edit: w00t’ed the SEO

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2019

quickclickhosting $5/mo

edit: 100mbps tho sorry

• VirMach has following offers:

KVM
    512MB RAM
    1x vCPU
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    500GB Bandwidth
    1gbps uplink
    1x IPv4

$1.5/month. If you pay yearly that will be $15/year because you get 2 months free and if you use code SAVE10 then you get 10% discount on first payment.

KVM
    1GB RAM
    1x vCPU
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1TB Bandwidth
    1gbps uplink
    1x IPv4

$2.5/month. If you pay yearly that will be $25/year because you get 2 months free and if you use code SAVE10 then you get 10% discount on first payment.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Really hard to beat the quality at the low-end price points covered by Inception Hosting.

Meanwhile, the Buyvm 512 mb slicelets are indeed very nice - if you can wait until the 1st of the month to get one - and still in your budget even if you decide to try $2 monthly before ponying up for a year.

That's a good idea in general - trialing at least a month before buying a year - both to avoid getting stuck with a lemon, and also to see which of several good options actually fits your specific needs and network the best.

One more that comes to mind for good quality with annual price under $25 is ionswitch in Seattle - if that's of any interest check @IonSwitch_Stan for link to $17.50/yr 512 mb kvm deal. I've really been enjoying the nvme version of that deal which might also be available for $5 more. It's pretty snappy, and on a good network. While I haven't closely monitored uptime (was hardcore idling until recently), I'd be surprised if that's not excellent as well.

• LetzienLetzien Member
    edited January 2019

@alilet said:
    VirMach has following offers:

KVM
    512MB RAM
    1x vCPU
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    500GB Bandwidth
    1gbps uplink
    1x IPv4

$1.5/month. If you pay yearly that will be $15/year because you get 2 months free and if you use code SAVE10 then you get 10% discount on first payment.

KVM
    1GB RAM
    1x vCPU
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1TB Bandwidth
    1gbps uplink
    1x IPv4

$2.5/month. If you pay yearly that will be $25/year because you get 2 months free and if you use code SAVE10 then you get 10% discount on first payment.

Looks like you can get 30% off on the first one just by getting it in Buffalo.

https://virmach.com/special-offers

Ugh god what would I do with one, I dunno.

E: KVM Special 1 is out of stock. Thankfully. :cold_sweat:

• buffalo virmach idle with the best of them

Thanked by 1eol
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

uptime said: slicelets

I like it. Mine.

Francisco

Thanked by 2uptime Letzien
  • all yours boss, enjoy!

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

While I haven't closely monitored uptime (was hardcore idling until recently), I'd be surprised if that's not excellent as well.

UptimeRobot shows 100% uptime for the past 30 days... Internal monitoring shows 99.98% for the trailing 270 days.

Thanked by 1uptime