Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KimSufi and Tor *client*
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KimSufi and Tor *client*

Adam1Adam1 Member
edited January 2019 in Help

Looking at the t&c, it says that running a public tor service is against t&c, but nothing about the client exactly:

6.9 For security reasons, OVH reserves the right to proceed with the immediate suspension without notice, of any Server on which there is a public service Proxy , IRC, VPN or TOR which is available free of charge or for a fee, and for which OVH has knowledge of its fraudulent or illegal misuse.

Has anyone run the tor client without any issues on kimsufi/ovh? (not a relay)

inb4 why: I'm using it via php/socks to scrape using a US node so that I get US specific data (instead of french).

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

No one cares if you run a TOR Relay on Kimsufi.
    Really no one.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • pikepike Veteran

I like your profile pic.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • @pike said:
    I like your profile pic.

He stole it from @AnthonySmith

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @deank said:
    The end is nigh.

I am going to dispute this 179 days after payment.

• The thing is, when they find out you've been running a tor exit node, they are going to strategically raid your house at 4-5AM, take away your tv and tactically kick your kitty too, so it limps. And a limping kitty is of low quality and it's health bar is like at 25%. It has happened before.

Thanked by 4eol sin Adam1 ehab
  • Janevski said: when they find out you've been running a tor exit node

I'm not, I'm just running the client

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2019

Neoon said: No one cares if you run a TOR Relay on Kimsufi.
    Really no one.

Well maybe, or it's autonomous, detect process + suspend, if that's the case do they check if its running a relay or just the client, or just suspend anyway

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2019

@Adam1 said:

Neoon said: No one cares if you run a TOR Relay on Kimsufi.
    Really no one.

Well maybe, or it's autonomous, detect process + suspend, if that's the case do they check if its running a relay or just the client, or just suspend anyway

The fuck no, I did run tor relays on OVH since 2013.
    No suspension ever never.

Relay/Client is fine, Exit is a different story.

Thanked by 3Adam1 rm_ uptime
  • Janevski said: The thing is, when they find out you've been running a tor exit node, they are going to strategically raid your house at 4-5AM, take away your tv and tactically kick your kitty too, so it limps. And a limping kitty is of low quality and it's health bar is like at 25%. It has happened before.

hnestly they are welcome to my TV but the kitty kicking I am most concerned about

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

if EXIT node is likely to complain. This is dangerous.
    if just TOR Relay, then nothing will happen.

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/as:AS16276

Thanked by 2Adam1 rm_