Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostslayer - Hosting Problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostslayer - Hosting Problem

Hello. This week i found that my shared hosting plan suspended without any notification.

Reason is just "Spam" and i want to share the support ticket with both of you. Now no one is answering.

Interesting and disturbing...
https://ibb.co/VTdXYbv

Comments

• Hostslayer is banned on here for deceptive practices.

Would run.

Thanked by 2eol coolindark
  • Dammit... Why all providers i've tried fails me :(

Only 123systems is legit, using them more than 5 years, still working.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

coolindark said: Dammit... Why all providers i've tried fails me

Because you are buying the cheapest shit you can find without doing any research and then hosting things on it you seem to care about.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited January 2019

"We have our support staff always online working for your needs. We will assure your ticket gets taken care of within the first 30 minutes that you create it."

I think their support staff only answer the ticket within the first 30 minutes.

A day have 1440 minutes. Do the math to see how many support tickets you would need to create for them to answer.

• @Chuck said:
    "We have our support staff always online working for your needs. We will assure your ticket gets taken care of within the first 30 minutes that you create it."

A day have 1440 minutes. Do the math to see how many support tickets you would need to create for them to answer.

Easy math if you rewrite it to 0.5h and 24h.

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Always the best advice when picking a hosting company when hosting anything important, do your research! Also cheap doesn't always mean bad, and expensive doesn't always mean good.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited January 2019

@teamacc said:

@Chuck said:

Easy math if you rewrite it to 0.5h and 24h.

If the OP does that, hostslayer would call OP sending spams.

• @coolindark said:
    Dammit... Why all providers i've tried fails me :(

Only 123systems is legit, using them more than 5 years, still working.

Try hetzner.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Slayed by host :(

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Hostlayer is not a very cheap hosting, so come on...
    Also they were migrated with hostslim too. I've made some research while i was buying for hosting but could not find any major issues. (I've purchased this hosting around 8 months ago).

I've lot of VPSs and was always using VestaCP, however; Cpanel means total comfort; so i've purchased... Now my concern is I hope i can get my data back at least.

Dammit again...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is always nigh.

Be prepared always.

Thanked by 2eol Egyarmy
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited January 2019

Both HostSlim and HostSlayer have a terrible history, filled with bad reviews and as you can tell from the 'General Managers' (who is infact the owner) response, is unprofessional as fuck.

'I think that says enough' - these people man, should be illegal for people to give birth to specimen like them.

Go with a legitimate provider, there's a lot of reputable ones - BuyShared, Austenite, the list goes on.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2019

@coolindark Good luck with your advertising network.

By the way, how is your project doing?
    What was it's name, so i can put it in my blocklists?

I thought @VPSSLIM bought HostSlayer perhaps they can comment.

• @AnthonySmith said:

They might've never been separate entities and the "acquisition" might've been a cover-up to consolidate their brands.

teamacc said: They might've never been separate entities and the "acquisition" might've been a cover-up to consolidate their brands.

Yeah, that was pretty obvious I just cba with the argument :)

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited January 2019

@coolindark said:
    Hostlayer is not a very cheap hosting, so come on...
    Also they were migrated with hostslim too. I've made some research while i was buying for hosting but could not find any major issues. (I've purchased this hosting around 8 months ago).

I've lot of VPSs and was always using VestaCP, however; Cpanel means total comfort; so i've purchased... Now my concern is I hope i can get my data back at least.

Dammit again...

they cancelled your service after 8 months with shitty reason? Sounds like HiFormance.

Ask them if they're related to ColoCrossing scammers.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@coolindark said:
    Hello. This week i found that my shared hosting plan suspended without any notification.

Reason is just "Spam" and i want to share the support ticket with both of you. Now no one is answering.

Interesting and disturbing...
    https://ibb.co/VTdXYbv

Hello, Do you have something for me to verify your account? You can PM me a ticket ID or invoice ID so I can look into this right away and see what's going on. Thank you very much.

@AnthonySmith said:

Thanks for the mention Anthony! Yes We can help indeed. Replied to the topic starter.

@Chuck said:

@coolindark said:
    Hostlayer is not a very cheap hosting, so come on...

Dammit again...

they cancelled your service after 8 months with shitty reason? Sounds like HiFormance.

Ask them if they're related to ColoCrossing scammers.

Hi Chuck, no we are not and we don't simply suspend for unrelated reasons, and we are not related to ColoCrossing, HiFormance or any other company.

• Thanks, now working with support and they are really trying to help. I think @VPSSLIM gets in the subject.

The problem was not suspending the service, it was suspending without any notification and then the behavior of the support. Now it looks like there is a registration attack to my forum and it caused massive email tx.

• @Janevski said:
    @coolindark Good luck with your advertising network.

By the way, how is your project doing?
    What was it's name, so i can put it in my blocklists?

LOL. Well, honestly i've quit from this project with losing more than 3K $. It was a good project actually but it looks like no one was caring an advertising network created to fund charities. So there is nothing to block mate :-P

Peace.

Thanked by 1Janevski

I am glad this has been solved for you @coolindark :smile:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The moral of story.

LET is the ultimate support desk. PMS a bit and you will get your answer.

Thanked by 2eol Deepak_leb
  • @coolindark said:
    caring an advertising network created to fund charities

Are you high? Have you been hanging out with @shallownorthdakota again? Let me see your pupils.

Thanked by 1eol