Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance scum is back with... - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance scum is back with...

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Am I the only one who appends “with the ill behaviour” in my head to the end of this thread topic every time I see it on LET

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Am I the only one who appends “with the ill behaviour” in my head to the end of this thread topic every time I see it on LET

I believe LET is the only place that has this thread topic.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @asterisk14 said:
    WE say VERY stable, NOT "super" stable when we talk in English. STOP corrupting our language.

I made a question on stackexchange just to double check:
    https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/481359/is-super-stable-correct-english

They are saying it's a informal adverb. I'm not sure what you mean by "corrupting our language", could you clarify?

Thanked by 3solaire eol maverickp
  • @JohnMiller92 said:

@asterisk14 said:
    WE say VERY stable, NOT "super" stable when we talk in English. STOP corrupting our language.

I made a question on stackexchange just to double check:
    https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/481359/is-super-stable-correct-english

They are saying it's a informal adverb. I'm not sure what you mean by "corrupting our language", could you clarify?

It's either stable or it's not.

Thanked by 2eol t0m
  • eoleol Member

@xaoc said:
    It's either stable or it's not.

True.

• @asterisk14 said:

How about YOU stop corrupting any language by MISUSING CAPITALIZATION?

Super stable, though informal, is grammatically correct. I even come across this combination of words in research papers.

• @solaire said:

@asterisk14 said:

Super stable, though informal, is grammatically correct. I even come across this combination of words in research papers.

If it is stable it can only get unstable, it cannot get "more" stable tho because stable was the upper limit. Think of it as a on/off switch.

• xaoc said: If it is stable it can only get unstable, it cannot get "more" stable tho because stable was the upper limit. Think of it as a on/off switch.

If it can get "very" stable, it can get "super" stable by the very same logic? I'm really not seeing the issue here. It can even get "stablest" (the superlative form of "stable", which pretty much is defined as "most stable" in most dictionaries afaik), which I believe would be the upper limit you're referring to?

Even the president of the US has claimed to be "very stable". Besides that being worth a good laugh, I'd think he knows the English language?

I'm by no means an expert in the English language, but I resided in the US for quite some time so I do know a fair amount.

• eoleol Member

For me there is stable and not stable.
    Just my jayztwocents.

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • @eol said:
    For me there is stable and not stable.
    Just my jayztwocents.

90% of the time its 100% stable

Thanked by 2eol xaoc
  • @solaire said:

xaoc said: If it is stable it can only get unstable, it cannot get "more" stable tho because stable was the upper limit. Think of it as a on/off switch.

If it can get "very" stable, it can get "super" stable by the very same logic?

It really can't. You can only say stuff like "more stable(than unstable) or most stable(from the bunch of stable things) where most refers to the time it was in the stable state compared to the time it has been in the unstable state". English language has nothing to do with the above.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • xaoc said: It really can't. You can only say stuff like "more stable(than unstable) or most stable(from the bunch of stable things) where most refers to the time it was in the stable state compared to the time it has been in the unstable state". English language has nothing to do with the above.

You're wrong according to Oxford: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/stable

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • eoleol Member

@solaire said:
    You're wrong according to Oxford: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/stable

Scam site reported to MIT.

• @solaire said:

xaoc said: It really can't. You can only say stuff like "more stable(than unstable) or most stable(from the bunch of stable things) where most refers to the time it was in the stable state compared to the time it has been in the unstable state". English language has nothing to do with the above.

And what am i according to brain? :P

• eoleol Member

@xaoc said:

Whose brain? :P

• @eol said:

@xaoc said:

A working brain belonging to anyone. :D

• eoleol Member

@xaoc said:

@eol said:

@xaoc said:

A working brain belonging to anyone. :D

Brains work differently from what I've observed...

• @deank said:
    Damn, must I register lowendtalk.ca ?

@xaoc said:

@solaire said:

@asterisk14 said:

If it is stable it can only get unstable, it cannot get "more" stable tho because stable was the upper limit. Think of it as a on/off switch.

I used to think that way about "secure". It either is, or isn't. I've since realized the rest of the world has a range of "secure" with context (e.g. secure to neckbeard guy next to me, not secure against NSA).

But I'd like to hear your rant on "a more perfect... " from, I think, the US Constitution (or Bill of Rights?). I consider perfect to have an upper limit.

But if you're fucking Margot Robbie and you say, "perfect", how do you top that when Gal Gadot gets into bed with you?

• @TimboJones said:

@deank said:
    Damn, must I register lowendtalk.ca ?

@xaoc said:

@solaire said:

@asterisk14 said:

I used to think that way about "secure". It either is, or isn't. I've since realized the rest of the world has a range of "secure" with context (e.g. secure to neckbeard guy next to me, not secure against NSA).

But I'd like to hear your rant on "a more perfect... " from, I think, the US Constitution (or Bill of Rights?). I consider perfect to have an upper limit.

But if you're fucking Margot Robbie and you say, "perfect", how do you top that when Gal Gadot gets into bed with you?

Nope, same shiz, won't waste my letter quota. How you perceive things does not change their state.

• eoleol Member

@xaoc said:
    How you perceive things does not change their state.

Says you...

• @xaoc said:

Quantum mechanics said:

hold my beer

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

trolling the ghost of Heisenberg ... well played.

EDIT2:

I dunno, this has probably changed a bit since the last time I read it, haha:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/35328/why-does-observation-collapse-the-wave-function

Thanked by 2eol xaoc
  • I still don't understand the Uncertainty Principle. Could someone explain it to me?

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

maybe?

EDIT2:

... inb4 @eol!

Thanked by 2Chuck eol
  • eoleol Member

It's like Schroedingers VPS.
    You don't know if it's up until you ping it.

• @eol said:

Until you ping it, it's both up and down.

Thanked by 3eol Chuck wtfcook
  • eoleol Member

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

Or neither.

• Mine always is up in the morning.

Thanked by 2eol t0m
  • @eol said:

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

Or neither.

It's simple physics randers

Thanked by 1eol