Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers in the USA which Support Netflix Super HD?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers in the USA which Support Netflix Super HD?

edited July 2013 in Requests

Hi,

i am looking for providers(KVM or dedicated) in the USA which support Netflix Super HD.

Here you can check if Super HD is available:
https://signup.netflix.com/superhd

I already asked FDC if they support it but apparently they don't.

Digital Ocean also does not support it, tested it myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• LOL, my ISP is apparently SuperHD-ready. Too bad my $100 plan is only capable of 5% of the required speed.

• awsonawson Member

I'm using a VPN in the UK from HTTPZoom (ISP: iomart) and that page says I'm ready for Super HD.

I don't use Netflix, though.

• I suspect that their OpenConnect thing is basically peering between their (Netflix's) network and the ISP's network. Meaning my ISP probably won't be getting it anytime soon...

• @awson can you ask anyone you know from the UK that is Alias (tv serie with Jennifer Garner), watchable from UK Netflix ? I wonder if I could watch Alias in Super HD from HTTPZoom, or any other USA VPS/VPN for Netflix Super HD?

• trexostrexos Member

I tried it with one LES UK VPS and it says it's not supported :(

• Connecting to a VPN on one of our VPSs...

Your Internet Provider is ready for Super HD!

• awsonawson Member
    edited July 2013

@finlandvps said:
    awson can you ask anyone you know from the UK that is Alias (tv serie with Jennifer Garner), watchable from UK Netflix ? I wonder if I could watch Alias in Super HD from HTTPZoom, or any other USA VPS/VPN for Netflix Super HD?

If it's a US series, then it most likely won't be available in Netflix UK.

• @brandon not in the US though?

• DeanDean Member

it's not on uk netflix..

• PrivateInternetaccess.com and Seattle GW supports Super HD, but Alias didn't show as HD to me, too bad, well time to cancel the VPN..

• edited July 2013

Thanks,

Provision Host is not suitable since it is not a KVM and the dedicated is too expensive for what i need.

A VPN service is not suitable since i need a public IP.
    What is Seattle GW?

@finlandvps

There are 5 seasons available on the murrican Netflix.

I checked the first episode of season 1, it is available up to 5.8 Mbps Video and DD Plus 5.1 with 192 Kbps Audio.

However to use Super HD you need a Super HD compatible device as well, i used Windows 8. In Windows 8 the screen resolution also needs to be at least 1080p for the higher quality streams to show up.

• How do I know the netflix location (murrican?), perhaps VPN is too slow for 5.8 Mbps video... I have one Windows 8 laptop, but I dont like to use it, I'm using a MacOSX now, guess Super HD isn't supported on other OS than Windows 8.

• Here is the supported device list for Super HD.

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/8731

In Windows 8 you can hit ctrl+shift+alt+d and ctrl+shift+alt+s to get some stats and see the available video feeds.

Murrican == USA
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Murrica

• guess US is too far.. first test 6 mbps, second test 1.8 Mbps.
    ping time 270 ms

• You would need to only route the region checks over your VPN.

• @admiral_awesome how would I do/know what routes region checks use? Now the VPN changes the default route.

• By looking at the traffic.

• but I get now: This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title

• edited July 2013

If you want to sign up for a DNS routing service i would recommend using unotelly. They seem to be the most competent one and offer free trial accounts.

http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/

Maybe you need to flush the dns cache. I don't know if there are any limitations if you are using a finnish Netflix Account to access the american Netflix stuff. I directly signed up for the american Netflix Account.

• You have to peer with netflix to get it. Meaning you need a dedicated line to netflix. Not going to happen in most cases.

If you purchase transit from Comcast, maybe...

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

It works from my dedi at Colostore in South Bend Indiana. :)

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • ATHKATHK Member

Apparently my VPS provider is "ready" Urpad Openvz Michigan Eastlake

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • Thanks, the Colostore dedicated offerings seem sensible.

But so far no Super HD KVM virtualization in the USA.