Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know how to use the HP iLO 2 remote console on Linux?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone know how to use the HP iLO 2 remote console on Linux?

Hello everyone! I am renting a HP ProLiant DL360 G6 from @cociu and I would like to access the remote console in iLO to install my own OS with disk encryption. My provider has given me a VPN, and from there I access iLO using a web browser. My operating system is Debian 9.6 (OpenVPN route settings do not work in Windows 10).

The remote console is a Java Applet, how can I run it in Firefox on Debian? Using Chromium gives the error "ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT" so I need to use Firefox. I have all the icedtea-* packages installed for the java applet, however Firefox doesn't even ask me if I want to run the plugin.

This issue is not the fault of my provider, and it's a budget server so I don't expect them to guide me through this. Thank you for your time reading this post :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.