Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of all Colocrossing.com supported providers that looks like systematic scam? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of all Colocrossing.com supported providers that looks like systematic scam?

Comments

• teamacc said: colocrossant.com is available. Already advertised in my sig.

Decided to keep it more generic: https://www.lowenddeadpool.info

• @solaire said:

teamacc said: colocrossant.com is available. Already advertised in my sig.

Everyone should put a link to this in their signatures. Spread the word, raise awareness.

• eoleol Member

@solaire said:

Thanks.
    You could also add all the disasters from the past to spice it up a little.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @eol said:

@solaire said:

Thanks.
    You could also add all the disasters from the past to spice it up a little.

Yeah I'm planning on doing that over the course of next week. If anyone has a draft list, I'm all ears.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @tcp6 said:

@solaire said:

Everyone should put a link to this in their signatures. Spread the word, raise awareness.

I'll put this in my signature..... Oh...

• eoleol Member

LOL.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Currently, there's 3 providers doing 3 year promotions on LEB:

BigFootServers:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/christmas-eve-bigfootservers-vps-pools-starting-at-2-vps-for-18-year-3-months-free/

https://lowendbox.com/blog/cyber-monday-bigfootservers-vps-pools-starting-at-3-vps-for-25-year-3-months-free-inside/

HostBRZ:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/cyber-monday-hostbrz-ssd-kvm-specials-from-35-yr-free-double-ipv4-double-cpu-and-double-bandwidth-in-los-angeles-new-york/

https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostbrz-los-angeles-ssd-kvm-specials-from-35-yr-free-double-ipv4-double-cpu-and-double-bandwidth/

and vpsAO:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsao-com-768mb-vps-9-year-more-with-double-ram-hdd-and-bw-in-los-angeles-ca/

HostBRZ has not been operating for over 6 months according to archive.org.

vpsAO has no archive.org snapshots going back over 8 months.

As for bigfootservers, they revamped their site halfway through 2018, and their TOS speaks about a "BigFootServers, LLC" which I am unable to find. So my assumption is that whatever company they are now, they have lived for about 6 months.

How the fuck are there 3-year deals of these deadpool, inc companies on LEB?

Thanked by 4t0m solaire eol corbpie
  • teamacc said: Currently, there's 3 providers doing 3 year promotions on LEB:

Done.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2019

TBF, if you go with the 2-3 CC officially owned companies (HVH, CC themselves or even CVPS) the quality over price is not bad and they won't deadpool sometime soon. In fact, nowadays, they are a valid solution (even if in LET we can find cheaper and better hosting companies than those CC ones).
    The real issue is about those shell companies that they are trying to sell themselves like independent hosters and sell their services for peanuts with unrealistic prices. Two are the options for the future of their services: either you'll buy a 3-year-plan for almost nothing from them and in 3-6 months you will receive really nothing after they will close, or after a couple of months their quality of service will be sooo crappy that will be difficult even to login to their panel or terminal.
    But, this is not really a CC fault. This is a fault of those who are looking only for the price and refuse to face the reality: if someone sells you a car for $50, don't expect this car to move you from the west coast to the east.

TL'DR: Don't buy from CC brands that are new, having not reviews at all, for a low-t0-bottom price and a contract of 1 or even 3 years. If an offer screams SCAM! all over it, don't take it just for the price.

• eoleol Member

@jvnadr said:
    But, this is not really a CC fault. This is a fault of those who are looking only for the price and refuse to face the reality: if someone sells you a car for $50, don't expect this car to move you from the west coast to the east.

TL'DR: Don't buy from CC brands that are new, having not reviews at all, for a low-t0-bottom price and a contract of 1 or even 3 years. If an offer screams SCAM! all over it, don't take it just for the price.

Yes.

• @jvnadr said:

But, this is not really a CC fault.

They specifically advertise them, and their 3-year pricing, while knowing what they're paying for hardware.

I'd say they could do a damn better job at gatekeeping their own community while trying to uphold what little respect they have left for companies using their network.

• @TimboJones said:

@thechan said:
    buy KVM vps on colocrossing reseller, using their os templates but when I run do-release-upgrade, the server will be down !!!!.

Imagine on KVM vps, you can't reinstall your own vps (CD INSTALL) only os templates working so no custom partition setup, forget about custom ISO,

so now I bought kvm vps only for DNS server thank you for allowing custom rDns.

sincerely
    Alpharacks
    Good luck with your budget

I can't tell what you're saying, but just install from netboot. As long as you have a console connection, you can install nearly any OS you want.

I have sucessfully install centos netinst, but the vps will keep halted after a while, Doesn't know why using their template OS the vps is working fine.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider

@curator said:
    Why is ColoCrossing so bad? Can anyone explain? Haven’t had bad experiences with them or their other companies. It might have been luck.

Scam providers are only certain people who are joking with the hosting services.

In my opinion, it's almost like abuse from their client.

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@WPF said:
    Scam providers are only certain people who are joking with the hosting services.

In my opinion, it's almost like abuse from their client.

EDIT2:

• I don’t get it. Is buying from CC directly bad or are there only problems with CC companies that deadpool?

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited January 2019

@curator said:
    I don’t get it. Is buying from CC directly bad or are there only problems with CC companies that deadpool?

Colocrossing.com is behind and/or provides platform (lowendbox.com) for systematically scamming people by allowing fake companies, fake names to pretend to be "reputable“ server hosting company, who will rob people's money once they don't have money protection from PayPal or credit card company.

So your question is like asking whether buying a turd directly or indirectly via reseller will change the fact that it's a turd.....

Does it matter whether you buy from Colocrossing.com or lowendbox.com or all their puppet companies when in the end you will have much higher chance of being scammed?
    Once they reach their profit target your account can be suspended anytime for no reason. There's literally no incentive for Colocrossing and their puppet companies to keep your account alive once you prepaid 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years of the server plan that you bought. In the opposite, they will suspend your account for whatever reason if they can be bothered to come up with one, and resell the resource for new unsuspecting customers.

It should be a big red alarm when they allow people with shady background reselling their servers and run away with customers money. And then they ban people from complaining here and on lowendbox.com.
    Heck I'm not surprised if I and everyone commented on this thread will be banned soon.

I would not even be surprised that ColoCrossing whole business plan actually require/involved in scammy and shady practice like this.
    It won't be shocking news if Colocrossing themselves are some of the fakes company advertising in lowendbox.com as different company name. If you already have bad reputation of robbing customers money you don't have much left to lose.
    You just gotta be adventurous and creative in inventing names, address and websites.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • Discussing this on here is like waking up from a dream only to find out you were still dreaming.

There's dodgy companies pimped on here and dodgy user/names that are part of the pimping.

There's definitely an element of systemised cash grabbing, I've bought from hundreds of providers here. If you're buying like that, you can account for 10% of the hosting packages not lasting or performing well enough to do basic tasks. You get an eye for it I suppose, in the end there's no red rubber stamp on the crap ones, it's basically buyer beware.

• For those wondering why Colocrossing is so bad... Here's one example.

A friend of mine, with a very common surname, "Mir" registered for an account at ChicagoVPS. Even though he input all his correct and legal information, he triggered a fraudrecord alert due to the name "A. Mir", his account was then terminated without question for Fraud.

He had a fight to get his refund, and when queried about the Fraud mark he was provided a link to the fraudrecord report, which listed 11+ names All.. "A.Mir" none of them matching the address, e-mail or payment method, but were all banned for different reasons.

My friend replied informing them how common his surname is, and upon request he was happy to send government ID from the UK to prove his citizenship and legitimacy.

They declined and instead banned him for life for attempting to overturn their decision?

From my perspective (and i'm no snowflake..) this has a strong smell of discrimination based on his name.

Give these crooks a wide berth if you value your time.

• TimboJones said: Ironic that an 8-year old didn't choose that name? Umm, no.

No, the irony that nobody has bought it and sold rocks from colocrossing, obviously.

• eoleol Member

@eastonch said:

TimboJones said: Ironic that an 8-year old didn't choose that name? Umm, no.

No, the irony that nobody has bought it and sold rocks from colocrossing, obviously.

I won't buy rocks without IPv6 support.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @eol said:
    I won't buy rocks without IPv6 support.

Most rocks already have native IPv6 support. I'd go for the volcanic ones, myself- lighter and more transparency.

Thanked by 2eol hostdare
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited January 2019

@solaire said:

Probably worth adding some of the other hosts mentioned in the HiFormance thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154905/hiformance-scum-is-back-with/p3

(credit to @teamacc for the spreadsheet)

HostedSimply's pricing looked a bit suspicious to me too, although they don't offer a three-year prepayment (yet?): https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostedsimply-4gb-ram-ssd-cached-vps-w-120gb-hdd-for-25-yr-in-los-angeles-new-york/

• @eastonch said:
    For those wondering why Colocrossing is so bad... Here's one example.

A friend of mine, with a very common surname, "Mir" registered for an account at ChicagoVPS. Even though he input all his correct and legal information, he triggered a fraudrecord alert due to the name "A. Mir", his account was then terminated without question for Fraud.

He had a fight to get his refund, and when queried about the Fraud mark he was provided a link to the fraudrecord report, which listed 11+ names All.. "A.Mir" none of them matching the address, e-mail or payment method, but were all banned for different reasons.

My friend replied informing them how common his surname is, and upon request he was happy to send government ID from the UK to prove his citizenship and legitimacy.

They declined and instead banned him for life for attempting to overturn their decision?

From my perspective (and i'm no snowflake..) this has a strong smell of discrimination based on his name.

Give these crooks a wide berth if you value your time.

11+ records with same name? I'd probably have a blanket ban on that name as well. I know nobody that just goes by an initial. So I'd probably ban that shit, too.

• I have services with Hudsonvalleyhost and Virmach, both in ColoCrossing DCs, and they both provide solid stable services, so no complaints at all.

• For now.

Thanked by 3eol TheLinuxBug kkrajk
  • @dedipromo said:
    I have services with Hudsonvalleyhost and Virmach, both in ColoCrossing DCs, and they both provide solid stable services, so no complaints at all.

Those are brands that are fully owned by CC. The other brands listed here are either owned by some intern at colocrossing (speculation) or some other shady shit is going on, and colocrossing is going along with it.

• @dedotatedwam said:
    For now.

Where's the dislike button!

• @teamacc said:

@dedipromo said:
    I have services with Hudsonvalleyhost and Virmach, both in ColoCrossing DCs, and they both provide solid stable services, so no complaints at all.

Those are brands that are fully owned by CC. The other brands listed here are either owned by some intern at colocrossing (speculation) or some other shady shit is going on, and colocrossing is going along with it.

Virmach is fully owned by CC? Why would they have locations in none CC datacenters?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@dedipromo said:

Thanked by 1eol