Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndDC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndDC

Just made a simple list of providers with their DC based on information in their offers on LEB & LET.

I know it is not as fancy as those map view sites, but maybe a little bit easier to search/filter/sort etc.

I would keep updating if it is helpful for some low end seekers.

http://vpsdb.net/

Thanked by 1jbiloh

Comments

• marcmmarcm Member

@CoolMoon I hope that you realize that the domain age doesn't mean much. We have in been in business since 2011, yet our domain name is a few months old just because we changed our name. I own a short and neat domain name (toratek.com) that's 7 years old. If I'd use that for my business, would that mean that I have been in business for 7 years? Of course not. That domain was meant for our hardware business, but we renamed that as well. ServerBear posts domain ages as well. Again, they don't mean much. If you want to list us, we are in Phoenix, AZ at PhoenixNAP and Ashburn, VA at Latisys.

• Forgot to list us! @coolmoon

• Oh yeah, let the listing begin!

• Thanks @marcm. Yes I understand longer domain history does not necessary mean better business. I can easily buy a 10-year-old domain for my new business started yesterday. Yet I still think it might be a helpful when you are looking around for VPS. I would pay more attention to those new domains, google more info and reviews to see if they are new brand or recently rebranded provider. New to the market does not always mean low quality, but I will definitely do more research before I click the order button.

• I know this is far from a "complete list", just wanna see if anyone is interested in such listing, so I could keep adding new information. Otherwise I might need to think of some other ways to use this new domain.

• marcmmarcm Member

@CoolMoon We are getting very close to lauch our second brand and being based on our infrastructure (separate business though) the quality will be there. I was thinking something more along the lines of providers listing for how long they've been in business, maybe include a short company history with basic About Us info (of course no BS like "we are the leading provider of this or that VPS servers based on this or that technology). These are just suggestions, so please take them with a grain of salt ;-) Great job by the way!

• Some people's version of "how long we've been in business" counts everything past the time their grandmother gave them $20 to install a sound card in their computer in 7th grade

• marcmmarcm Member

@texteditor lol, that's so true :P

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited July 2013

@texteditor said:
    Some people's version of "how long we've been in business" counts everything past the time their grandmother gave them $20 to install a sound card in their computer in 7th grade

My grandma is still stuck at nokia 1100 :(

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited July 2013

@texteditor said:
    Some people's version of "how long we've been in business" counts everything past the time their grandmother gave them $20 to install a sound card in their computer in 7th grade

The thing that annoys me the most is the hosting company about us pages with statements like "Our team has over 15 years of combined experience in servers and IT." (that one taken from Urpad's About Us). Imagine if larger companies like Microsoft or Apple listed their employees combined work experience on their about us pages. "our team has a combined 1 million years experience in building closed source operating systems"

...back to the topic :P

Nice list but I would probably drop the domain age column because as Marc said domain age and company age often differ.

Two errors I see on the page are the 1 yr 8 mo age of Edis (they've been around since 1999) and the 5 yr 2 mo age of Iniz (they've been around less than 1 year).

• Replace domain age with company age

• Keep domain age, add Alleged Company Age

• Thanks for listing us

• The problem is, unlike domain age, company age is not open public info that can be easily retrieved by online search and a lot of names here are just DBA rather than registered companies.

• Love the site, keep up the work.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@CoolMoon bravo, very nice indeed. +1

I should mention, in Dallas we do not operate from "Quadranet DC" we're customers of Colo4, just like Quadranet is.

• We've recently moved DC in Dallas to Colocrossing/Colo4Dallas

• Better add some filtering, the list will get longer and longer..

• We've recently moved DC in Los Angeles to MultaCOM

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited July 2013

Very nice!

I'm pretty sure some the stuff I gathered may not be the most accurate, but feel free to use it to save you some time. Figuring out where the more esoteric providers are is a huge pain in the ass.

http://ohmyglob.com/maps/providers.geojson.php

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Add us! (crowncloud) !

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Do add us as well ;)

• JacobJacob Member

Add us in Coventry, UK

• Really? Are you like 12 or something?

<body ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false">

You can't stop people from copying your stuff, believe me, but they won't anyway. And NodeDeploy in Germany is Media23

Thanked by 1udk
  • udkudk Member

Agree with above, disable that shit.

I suggest creating a contact form so providers can submit their data + ask for corrections.

• Thanks everyone. Just updated some info and created a simple google form to see if it works for now.

Actually I was thinking about to create some kind of form at the very beginning, but really doubt if anyone (except spambots) is going to use it anyway.

@sbmcosg The "search" function acts as a filter for now. Still looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use script as "by column" filter for table data.