Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap yearly KVM VPS up to $50 with VNC and custom ISO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap yearly KVM VPS up to $50 with VNC and custom ISO

CreativityCreativity Member
edited January 2019 in Requests

I'm looking into a cheap yearly KVM VPS for use as a remote desktop. I require working VNC and the ability to mount and boot from a 300mb ISO image that I can upload and verify.

Thank you for your help and consideration 🙂

EDIT: Location and other details are not important, I'm not to sure how much RAM I will need but as long as xfce will run!

Comments

• You need to run Windows?

You should mention location wanted and not waste most people's time.

You want something from Virmach, most likely.

• @TimboJones said:
    You need to run Windows?

No, I don't want a Windows license nor to run Windows hence the request for custom ISO. The location isn't important, I left it out so as not to limit my search.

I have a few sales tickets open with some of the big providers, although I thought that by posting here I would find some lesser known providers who will know if they can meet my main two requirements.

I've updated the post to include more detail, I do apologize for being in a hurry. Hopefully I won't waste any more of your time and I certainly didn't want to force you to assist me. did you have a provider in mind? ☺️

• BuyVM Slice 1024, NetCup VPS 200 G8, Hetzner Cloud CX11

Thanked by 2Creativity Francisco
  • LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

We could offer a yearly VPS in Dallas, TX with 1GB RAM, 15GB RAID-10 SSD, 1TB BW @ 1Gbps, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6 for $51/year. Custom ISO's supported.

https://nexril.net/order/16/

Thanked by 1Creativity
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Thanks @FAT32
    We have a working VNC in all locations and allow custom ISO uploads in 8 locations.
    But with no further details, I do not know what to offer you.
    Please include the minimum specs you are after.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Creativity
  • +1 for HostDoc ... you can upload iso and install and dance.-

Thanked by 3eol HostDoc benj0x
  • not a customer of @HostDoc , but looks promising.

but there's great experience with budgetnode ( @Ishaq )

Thanked by 2HostDoc Ishaq
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

All of our plans support console access and will boot from an ISO. We don't currently have the ability for customers to to upload their own ISO, but if you open a ticket with a download URL we can upload it and make it available to you.

I could kock our Egg plan down to $45 for the year if you were interested: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2019

@Creativity said:

@TimboJones said:
    You need to run Windows?

No, I don't want a Windows license nor to run Windows hence the request for custom ISO. The location isn't important, I left it out so as not to limit my search.

I have a few sales tickets open with some of the big providers, although I thought that by posting here I would find some lesser known providers who will know if they can meet my main two requirements.

I've updated the post to include more detail, I do apologize for being in a hurry. Hopefully I won't waste any more of your time and I certainly didn't want to force you to assist me. did you have a provider in mind? ☺️

If 512MB RAM is fine, I'd suggest ImpactVPS Storage150 promo from like 1-2 years ago for $24/year for 150GB. But I believe you need to ticket to add an iso, the panel doesn't have the option of upload. They've been promising a panel upgrade for months that might get that feature, but no ETA.

Edit: just saw your xfce requirement. You probably want a 1-2GB ram server. 512 is fine without a window manager.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

We support custom ISO images on LunaNode, and our m.1s plan is $42/year (KVM, billed hourly). See https://www.lunanode.com/features/images for details!

Edit: when you're not using the VM you can press Shelve to power it off and de-allocate resources, then you'll only pay $1.5/mo (billed hourly) for the storage and IP. To re-activate just press Unshelve.

To compute the cost of shelved state for other plans, it's $0.03/GB/mo for storage and $1/mo for the IP. If you don't need to keep the same IP next time you use the VM, you can de-allocate that as well and just pay for the storage ($0.45/mo for m.1s).

• eoleol Member

Nice feature.

• Idle > Shelf

Where the hell am I going to put 50,000 shelves?

edited January 2019

Letzien said: Where the hell am I going to put 50,000 shelves?

Don't worry, we store your shelves for you for cheap ^^

Thanked by 4MikePT eol Letzien ehab
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@perennate said:

Letzien said: Where the hell am I going to put 50,000 shelves?

Don't worry, we store your shelves for you for cheap ^^

Please get more locations... 😁

Thanked by 3uptime eol Creativity
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

just picture it - 2019 (the year of the LET Shitweasel) marks the beginning of Lunanode Everywhere™ ... blazing a trail off the beaten path, franchising awesomeness from Portland to Portugal ... ultimately setting the stage to completely replace systemd by 2020!

Thanked by 2perennate eol
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@uptime said:
    just picture it - 2019 (the year of the LET Shitweasel) marks the beginning of Lunanode Everywhere™ ... blazing a trail off the beaten path, franchising awesomeness from Portland to Portugal ... ultimately setting the stage to completely replace systemd by 2020!

Wuuuut?!

Thanked by 2uptime eol

uptime said: franchising awesomeness from Portland to Portugal

All the way to the moon!

Thanked by 3MikePT uptime eol
  • Thank you very much for all the replies, it's amazing how the smaller players in the industry can innovate such amazing and useful features. Although it is a different client base they are aiming for, it's still impressive to see.

I'm no longer searching (can I edit the first post?), I'm signing up with two of the posts in this thread.

• @Creativity said:
    Thank you very much for all the replies, it's amazing how the smaller players in the industry can innovate such amazing and useful features. Although it is a different client base they are aiming for, it's still impressive to see.

I'm no longer searching (can I edit the first post?), I'm signing up with two of the posts in this thread.

Which two? People with similar needs know what to get then.

• eoleol Member

@AC_Fan said:

A couple?

• @eol said:

@AC_Fan said:

A couple?

In the running for "Most Useless Comment of the Year" year 2019.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @AC_Fan said:

@Creativity said:
    Thank you very much for all the replies, it's amazing how the smaller players in the industry can innovate such amazing and useful features. Although it is a different client base they are aiming for, it's still impressive to see.

I don't feel right recommending providers that I've not even used yet, they might be rubbish!

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • eoleol Member

@AC_Fan said:
    In the running for "Most Useless Comment of the Year" year 2019.

Year year?

• @Creativity said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Creativity said:

I don't feel right recommending providers that I've not even used yet, they might be rubbish!

That's the spirit!

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@Creativity said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Creativity said:

Exactly.

• @AC_Fan said:
    BuyVM Slice 1024, NetCup VPS 200 G8, Hetzner Cloud CX11

How can i use custom iso on Hetzner Cloud?

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@dragon1993 said:

@AC_Fan said:
    BuyVM Slice 1024, NetCup VPS 200 G8, Hetzner Cloud CX11

How can i use custom iso on Hetzner Cloud?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153376/hetzner-cloud-is-it-possible-to-upload-custom-isos

EDIT2:

Thanked by 1dragon1993