Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrownCloud - 1000 GB HDD - KVM storage at Frankfurt / Los Angeles - $7/month & more!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CrownCloud - 1000 GB HDD - KVM storage at Frankfurt / Los Angeles - $7/month & more!

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Hello,
We've been around for 5+ years and own & colocate our hardware and networking gear and have our own ARIN issued IPs for our US based locations. We've recently added in new storage specific hardware to our Frankfurt, Germany location and would like to share an offer with you.

Our Site: https://crowncloud.net/

Node Spec:
Dual E5-2660v2
128 GB RAM
16 x HDD + HW RAID

Datacenter
Telehouse, Frankfurt, Germany
Test IPv4: 62.113.254.1

Quadranet / Psychz, Los Angeles, USA
Test Quadranet IPv4: 204.152.203.65
Test Psychz IPv4: 104.149.18.203

You can mention the datacenter name in the order notes if you want your VPS setup at a specific datacenter for Los Angeles, USA.

1000G plan
512 MB RAM
1000 GB HDD
2 core fair-share access include
6 TB bandwidth per month
1 Gbit/sec upink
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

KVM powered VPS

Price
$7/month or $35/semi-annually

Order Link
Frankfurt, Germany - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=360
Los Angeles, USA - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=309

500G plan
512 MB RAM
500 GB HDD
2 core fair-share access include
3 TB bandwidth per month
1 Gbit/sec upink
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

KVM powered VPS

Price
$5/month or $25/semi-annually

Order Link
Frankfurt, Germany - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=359
Los Angeles, USA - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=306

Operating systems
1. We've got templates for CentOS 6/7, Debian 8/9, various Ubuntu(s) upto 18.10, Windows 2012/2016.
2. Custom ISOs can be requested to be mounted onto your VPS for free as well via ticket.
3. Also do note, We do not provide licenses for Windows, the customer is responsible for the license on the machine.

Comments

• give more RAM and CPU.

Thanked by 2eol sgheghele
  • eoleol Member

give less money.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@visionboard said:
    give more RAM and CPU.

RAM upgrades are possible upto 2 GB per storage VPS, ie, 1.5 GB extra ontop of this existing 512 MB is possible to total it to 2 GB.

RAM is billed out at $1 per 512 MB per month. So you could make the VPS with 2 GB RAM for an additional $3/month :)

• @SpeedBus said:

@visionboard said:
    give more RAM and CPU.

RAM upgrades are possible upto 2 GB per storage VPS, ie, 1.5 GB extra ontop of this existing 512 MB is possible to total it to 2 GB.

RAM is billed out at $1 per 512 MB per month. So you could make the VPS with 2 GB RAM for an additional $3/month :)

Expensive. 2GB RAM, 2CPU, 500GB HDD for 3$ would be nice offer.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@visionboard said:

@SpeedBus said:

@visionboard said:
    give more RAM and CPU.

A free mansion would be too.

Thanked by 1nordmann
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

lol mmmm yeah but once you boot it, you'll know where that extra $7 went :)

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2019

@visionboard said:

I can do it with 50,000 KB premium bandwidth.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

Network is fast my man!

EDIT: someone may mention Frankfurt location has good connection to Falkenstein (ie, Hetzner).

Thanked by 2eol SpeedBus
  • eoleol Member

Frankfurt location has good connection to Falkenstein (ie, Hetzner).

• @FAT32 said:

@visionboard said:

I can do it with 50,000 KB premium bandwidth.

@AlexBarakov has deal - 2GB Ram, 2CPU, 1TB for 5€ and amazing provider. Compared to this, pricing of Crowncloud is very expensive. That's why I said it Is expensive.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • agreed that does sound like a great deal.

just saying, a few bucks more can be well worth it in some cases, CrownCloud being one of them.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2019

@visionboard said:
    @AlexBarakov has deal - 2GB Ram, 2CPU, 1TB for 5€ and amazing provider. Compared to this, pricing of Crowncloud is very expensive. That's why I said it Is expensive.

Currently anything less than or equal to $7/m/TB is consider good enough. While it might be expensive for you, please try not to direct users to another host in someone else's offer thread.

You can't compare things just based on the storage, CrownCloud is providing services at Frankfurt and Los Angeles, not Bulgaria. There are more factors that will affect the pricing.

EDIT: This is not the first time you are comparing different products, BuyVM is another example that provides fabulous services and you are saying that their product is "very expensive".

Thanked by 3miu angstrom SpeedBus
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

The providers mentioned so far are all very good in my opinion but have to recognize that different offers are like comparing apples to oranges.

For example, I'm recently seeing these write speeds (sequential writes, to LVM with LUKS encryption even) for CrownCloud 1 TB storage in Frankfurt:

min 240 MB/s
    50% 375 MB/s
    max 521 MB/s

And on a 128 GB storage deal with the excellent provider in Sofia:

min 42 MB/s
    50% 51 MB/s
    max 62 MB/s

which is fine for what I'm paying - and that provider will in fact tell you not to expect more speed for that particular offer.

So I really like the option to pay a little more for much higher performance too - it's a great deal as far as I'm concerned.

• @uptime said:

min 240 MB/s
    50% 375 MB/s
    max 521 MB/s

min 42 MB/s
    50% 51 MB/s
    max 62 MB/s

I can completely confirm that statement as I'm seeing about the same stats on my VMs.

edited January 2019

Thank you for the feedback all, it is appreciated :)

We do have a yearly/cheaper plan with 250 GB disk / 512 MB RAM / 2TB bandwidth @ $25/year at Los Angeles, https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=318

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited January 2019

@ visionboar: Crowncloud is one of the best providers here (i believe many other users can confirm my words and experiences with them), where be hosted at them means rock-solid stable, fast (both servers also networks) and headache-free services. And high quality haves own price, also i think they prices are accurate, not expansive. If their price politics is not in accordance with your savage ideas and wishes, nobody force you buy it, and you can run buy any ultracheap shit from scammer as for example Hiformance was - who does not have any problem offer you not realistic and no sustainable price for your short moment of feeling to be happy as nice and wonderful you did safe your money (usually what does not last longer as 1 week or shorter). I have VPS from both mentioned (Alpha and Crown) and i`m satisfied what them both provides at its price and parameters. But compare prices of Frankfurt location w premium connectivity service with Bulgaria location, and different storage performance (iops), and then scream here "he is cheaper" is pretty dumb. So pls be a little bit more objective..

• any bench for la datacenter?

edited January 2019

@moni099878 said:
    any bench for la datacenter?

I ran one off a VPS in our LA2 setup,

Please note,

• We can enable CPU passthrough if needed for your VPS via a support ticket.
    • The Processor displayed below is incorrect, on the node is a Dual E5-2670 CPU. Mostly due to passthrough not being enabled.
    • Benchmarks may vary from node to node, depending on the usage on each node but if you face any issue with performance we will help. Just drop in a ticket and we'll have a look.
    Benchmark started on Wed Jan  9 10:51:25 EST 2019
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU Cores       : 3
    Frequency       : 2599.998 MHz
    Memory          : 492 MB
    Swap            :  MB
    Uptime          : 1:55,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 4.9.0-8-amd64
    Hostname        : vps.server.com

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 104.149.xx.xxx

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        81.8MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          20.7MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       18.0MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       4.27MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       66.5MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       14.6MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          7.94MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       2.53MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         2.68MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        52.4MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 252 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 379 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 364 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 331.667 MB/s

EDIT: I re-ran the benchmark for Seattle, WA, US and got this, not sure why the benchmark above was low earlier,

root@vps:~# wget -4 -O /dev/null http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    --2019-01-09 10:59:59--  http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Resolving speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com (speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com)... 67.228.112.250
    Connecting to speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com (speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com)|67.228.112.250|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104874307 (100M) [application/zip]
    Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null                                       100%[===========================>] 100.02M  30.2MB/s    in 4.1s

2019-01-09 11:00:04 (24.1 MB/s) - ‘/dev/null’ saved [104874307/104874307]

Thanked by 1uptime
  • eoleol Member

@SpeedBus said:

• The Processor displayed below is incorrect, on the node is a Dual E5-2670 CPU. Mostly due to passthrough not being enabled.

Hm.

• @eol said:

@SpeedBus said:

Hm.

Why you wouldn't just do stock QEMU CPU or passthrough is beyond me, unless they've got the software provisioned already specific for an E3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1eol
    edited January 2019

That's the kinda odd bit really, when building the VPS config, we pass the flag

--cpu host \

which should work perfectly fine, but it oddly picks up the CPU has a E3 range, when using host-passthrough we've had issues with FreeBSD not booting so we leave it with --cpu host for now and enable up passthrough as requested :)