Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for partnership
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for partnership

amadex1337amadex1337 Member
edited January 2019 in Requests

Hello, I'm currently unemployed and I'm looking for a job/partnership. I worked at previous company as technical support for shared web hosting, domain names, ssl certs and vps servers. My original profession is technican of web design (school diploma), but I'm into the hosting thing for 3 years.

Some facts about me:
Living in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina (EUROPE).
23 years old.
In UTC/GMT +1 timezone.
Owned a small business named WebHost.rs when I was 19, sold it to Leftor d.o.o.
Online via 100mb/s connection at my Dell laptop (i5 8th gen, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd, win 10 pro)
I speak English, German, Bosnian and Serbo-Croatian languages.

So now about the partnership. Our national telecom is offering me a lot money for a domain name that I own, so they can make a new brand. But I've declined them. I will prefer to keep the domain in my ownership and start a business here but my capital is at zero.

The plan is to get in a partnership or get employed for a company (someone from this forums) and to sell the hosting, domains bla bla here at national language for Bosnian, Serbian and Croatian market. I will do the translate job, and provide support at that languages for a salary of the company that is over me.

For more info, we can write over Whatsapp. Send me your phone number in inbox or use my email info at cloud. ba. Btw. The domain name that will be used for the brand is:

Comments

• Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 4eol amadex1337 MasonR FHR
  • Well someone is going to get clients from the Balkans, and I will got the salary for living. It's a fair deal.

Thanked by 1mrKat
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

How much did they offer you? And why should this interest anyone when the domain is going to be under your ownership

• Our national telecom is offering me a lot money for a domain name that I own /.../ I will prefer to keep the domain in my ownership and start a business here but my capital is at zero.

:flushed:

• @armandorg so I should gift the domain lol? No. It was 25,000KM (about 12,700€).
    @SteveMC I don't need to open a company here if I work and sell someones products as a co-brand.

• soviet said: Our national telecom is offering me a lot money for a domain name that I own

Sell the domain name to them if you are in the need of money, then invest that money on your project.

• soviet said: I speak English, German, Bosnian and Serbo-Croatian languages.

Impressive, I admire people who are multilingual. Good luck with your job search.

• No. It was 25,000KM (about 12,700€).

:flushed:

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited January 2019

@endrit Nope.

Why is everyone negative on forums when someone asks for job or something useful?

I'm out of the topic. Forum flaming sucks. You can reach me per PM or email in the 1st post.

Thanked by 2kkrajk wevrlabs
  • LetzienLetzien Member
    edited January 2019

@soviet said:
    @endrit Nope.

Why is everyone negative on forums when someone asks for job or something useful?

Because you're 23, and you've turned down some great money to reseed a real purposeful service. Hosting is so overwrought it might as well be selling ice to Eskimos.

• soviet said: Why is everyone negative on forums when someone asks for job or something useful?

i am not , i am opened to do something with this ... i will send you my skype username

• @Letzien not at the Balkans market. Maybe that's the situation in USA or so...
    So what, I need to wait to be 33 so I can bump the topic for a useful answer?

• @soviet said:
    So what, I need to wait to be 33 so I can bump the topic for a useful answer?

No. By then you'll be a wash-up like the rest of us.

For what its' worth, @cociu has resources. Good luck!

Thanked by 2eol netomx
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

That's an OK amount of money for a domain like that, if it were me I would take the offer, considering the median salary in your country (if it were in the U.S., hell no). Starting a successful cloud business is hard and likely much more for a regionally targeted service. Otherwise, good luck, but it's unlikely someone will want to do this with you if you keep ownership of the domain.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I would sell the domain, and use that money to start a small company and selling websites to local businesses. Way more profitable, and small, local business love personal contact.

• netomx said: local business love personal contact.

we have make this in our start ... but hell no , finnaly will call you the secretary and will tell you the printer is not work ... unfrotunatly the people here if you make a website is think you are his employer....

About threat personally is a plus but a minus too.

Thanked by 3amadex1337 kkrajk malek
  • @netomx said:
    I would sell the domain, and use that money to start a small company and selling websites to local businesses. Way more profitable, and small, local business love personal contact.

..unless they're your usual SMB. Then they love personal FREE contact. I get plenty of advice calls and random "How are you doing, oh by the way.." segueway into such advice, but relatively few want to pay more than a few dollars for a domain, hosting, and email - per year.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Letzien said: Then they love personal FREE contact

Indeed. I use hosting as an excuse to sell hour packages and repair some industrial machines, where the money really is.

Thanked by 2Letzien MikePT
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@soviet said:
    @armandorg so I should gift the domain lol? No. It was 25,000KM (about 12,700€).

So you want someone to invest within your domain, pay you and open a company/service within that brand’s domain and name. What makes them sure someday you aill simply leave them and start it completely yourself, where’s insurence?

• @armandorg It's not starting a new company, It's working for a current one (from partner).
    Parners web servers, dns servers, billing system... mine just domain name and the front page. So who is in risk situation here?

Case: I shut down the website.
    Partner's got still the clients at his whmcs etc.

• @soviet said:

Case: I shut down the website.
    Partner's got still the clients at his whmcs etc.

At which point the clients will start to complain that the whmcs is down. Not good.

• Nah we're not going to the endpoint. In the real world there is something named contracts, laws, courts... etc.

• I've always wanted to partner up with a Soviet..

• Business partnerships are tricky at the best of times, let alone between complete strangers on the internet.

Good luck kiddo.

Thanked by 2amadex1337 malek
  • @soviet said:
    @endrit Nope.

I'm out of the topic. Forum flaming sucks. You can reach me per PM or email in the 1st post.

Welcome to let, the place were thoughts are writen straight to the point.

• You forgot to mention your graphic card.

• Windows.

Thanked by 2eol mrclown
  • you are lucky that not in the soviet days. companies like Tencent (qq wechat) just sue you for some reason at the local court to get your domain especially with the .cn or anything registered within chinese registry.

• @cece said:
    you are lucky that not in the soviet days. companies like Tencent (qq wechat) just sue you for some reason at the local court to get your domain especially with the .cn or anything registered within chinese registry.

In Soviet Russia the domain sues you.

Thanked by 5eol FrankZ FHR Neil-SF malek
  • eoleol Member

@imok said:
    Windows.

Windows?
    The worst trojan/game launcher in history?
    The first trojan that has an UI on the victim machine?
    etc.