Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching DDoS Protected VPS in DE/GER - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching DDoS Protected VPS in DE/GER

2»

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

I use already an iptables-based firewall on my main machine that bans IPs and also I want to open only three ports on the new vps (sth. arround 64000 for ssh, tcp 30033 for file transfer and udp 9987 for the teamspeak voice) and also install the same firewall.

• retryretry Member
    edited July 2013

@pike Have you checked JavaPipe? They are pricy though.

• pikepike Veteran

@retry I checked them now, they cost 100$ what's definitive too much! But thank's for the advice anyway.

@fileMEDIA the ovh support answered with a log file where you can see that they've got packetloss of 30% and they said there are no problems on the line 0.o I don't get what's up with the supporter...

I heard of the possibility to protect the server with a system called TSDNS (from teamspeak) maybe this is a solution, so I'll check this while waiting for an answer from ovh.

• pikepike Veteran

The TSDNS is no alternative, because the IP shows up in the serverlist from teamspeak and I don't want to disable that feature.

Now, when ovh is unable to fix their problem with networking on my server @jmginer 's offer seems pretty nice to me, because ping arround 50ms are better than disconnects :)

• effective ddos solution aint cheap.

just pay for it.

• pikepike Veteran

@cosmicgate I'm not the hoster of a big company or sth., I'm just a poor student who wants to host a public teamspeak, so I can't pay for a professional protection.

• @pike said:
    fileMEDIA the ovh support answered with a log file where you can see that they've got packetloss of 30% and they said there are no problems on the line 0.o I don't get what's up with the supporter...

I cannot help here, i´m not from ovh. But their VAC is nice :) Use a dedicated server..

• pikepike Veteran

@fileMEDIA Do you use software that uses the udp protocol on your server?
    Maybe it's only because of my VoIP Server...

• Yes but only for a secondary nameserver on a dedicated server and a testing private cloud environment. We don´t have any network issues there.

• pikepike Veteran

@fileMEDIA I've seen that in the official ovh forums there are many complaints about the VAC and that it causes downtimes during false alarm. Also the supporter doesn't answer since 24h...

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@pike have you ordered a vps in ginernet?

• ReeceReece Member

Have you checked DDOs protection provided by Voxility (Or a smaller reseller?) There in Romania which isn't to far.

• pikepike Veteran

@jmginer yes, and a guy ddosed it and it was down... (this was only a damn scriptkiddy, I rly can't believe that a noob like this has a botnet with over 10gbit 0.o)

@Reece I've seen their website "Voxility works with clients that describe themselves as hosting and telecom providers, large websites, or corporations with advanced IT requirements. " This is too large for my needs I think. Which resellers do you know?

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@pike, not possible, because the rest of our infra was not affected. Please, contact our support via ticket and we check it.

• pikepike Veteran

@jmginer Ticket ID is #20130709Fb1

• @pike said:
    jmginer yes, and a guy ddosed it and it was down... (this was only a damn scriptkiddy, I rly can't believe that a noob like this has a botnet with over 10gbit 0.o)

Reece I've seen their website "Voxility works with clients that describe themselves as hosting and telecom providers, large websites, or corporations with advanced IT requirements. " This is too large for my needs I think. Which resellers do you know?

I believe that http://www.limehost.ro/ is owned by Voxility.

• pikepike Veteran

@ShardHost thank you very much I'll ask them for a test IP and a testserver

• pikepike Veteran

@ShardHost 30€ for a VPS + 25€ for the protection is really many money. I think it's too much...

• pikepike Veteran

Has anyone here heard of ispone-business? I head of some people that theyr vps never go down during a ddos.

• @pike said:
    ShardHost 30€ for a VPS + 25€ for the protection is really many money. I think it's too much...

It seems to be managed though.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

Romania is great for Germany. Our main servers are in Germany and we protect them in Romania. Ping addition of around 35ms to Hetzner. Could be less if you get an optimized route.

We will most likely have German PoP before the end of the year, but that depends on our up-streams infrastructure status.

• pikepike Veteran

Just a little Update. I really don't get what happens over there in the ovh hq, but it's one of the worst supports I have ever contacted. They couldn't fix the problem with their network so that it was impossible to use the server. I'm waiting for a refund, but I think I won't get some.

@jmginer You banned my server for outgoing flooding? Idk what's up but I'll contact paypal if my server won't come back in the next 24h.

Also I solved my problem now with using a VPS from ispone-business. They don't offer a DDoS protection but I haven't had any downtimes since one week and there were some attacks (I've seen it in the traffic statistics and also in the server logs)