Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching DDoS Protected VPS in DE/GER
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching DDoS Protected VPS in DE/GER

pikepike Veteran

Hello everyone,
First of all some information: I host some gameservers and a public teamspeak on a dedicated server from server4you. Since the publicserver got famous and toplisted in germany we've got big problems with script kiddys ddosing us (There are different botnets). This is a big problem, because our server goes down every day (5x á 5-10minutes) and we're not able to play or talk anymore (Teamspeak offline while ingame is crap!). So I rented a vps at easehosting because they made a thread at wjunction where they talk from ddos protected vps. The sad true is, that our vps was down on the first evening and is still offline now -.-(still waiting for reply on a ticket).

What I need is: A DDoS protected VPS with at least 256mb RAM for maximum 25€/month. Idk about the strengh of the ddos at my server, but I only found about professional DDoS protection services for >100€ which is too much :(

Comments

• Possibly consider OVH. They are now offering DDOS protection on service.

• pikepike Veteran

Thank you, I'll test their LowLatency VPS in Frankfurt.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I believe they offer some filtering only in FR.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Hi, our network is DDos protected by a Huawei USG5550, but we are hosted in Spain, are you interested in this location?

• harispharisp Member

@pike what kind of game servers you host? Is it cod serials , cs or?

• @jmginer what type of prices and restrictions do you have on your DDOS protected services? Is this something included with any of your vps offerings or a separate service?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

• What are the limitations to this service? Do you just null route or do you mitigate the attack? What is the peak MPPS you are willing to tank?

Cheers!

@TheLinuxBug 10 Gbps is the limit, we mitigate with a Huawei USG5550

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    I believe they offer some filtering only in FR.

All data centers are filtered by the VAC.

• pikepike Veteran

@harisp atm I host two hl1 and one minectaftserver on my s4y machine (they're not ddos endangered) and I want to host a teamspeak on a ddos protected vps.

@jmginer the ping matters, and it's >50ms on your servers. Thanks for the offer.

• pikepike Veteran

@fileMEDIA I also read that they use their VAC only in one data center in france and want to bring it to all in september?

• @pike, can you give me ginernet ip to ping (to see the latency) ?

ping tool on the website doesn't work for me o.O

• pikepike Veteran

IP of the server from @jmginer is 5.134.112.150

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2013

@pike said:
    fileMEDIA I also read that they use their VAC only in one data center in france and want to bring it to all in september?

That´s wrong, all ddos affected traffic will be forwarded from the core routers to one of three locations (Roubaix, Stroußburg and BHS). Than the traffic will be filtered and forwarded to the dedicated server, vps,..

More information: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6661

• pikepike Veteran

Sounds nice, I'm going to test a server from ovh

• 5.134.112.150 ? :o

Strange, right now I'm in portugal and this is the first spain IP with so much latency (80ms) :o

• harispharisp Member

@ pike: You can check out our German VPS plans: http://www.pielayer.com/hosting/germany-vps . Unfortunately we don't offer DDoS protection as it doesn't fit to our current model but if the attack isn't big then our network in Germany should be able to hold it out ..

• Yeah is a nice feature, with the pro addon you can add up to 100 own ACLs for filtering. I don´t see any functionality for this price before.

• pikepike Veteran

@harisp the attack dropped a 1gbps connection at frankfurt from easehost and also the 100mbps connection at the datadock from server4you.

• pikepike Veteran

@fileMEDIA is the protection with VAC automatically acitve or requires it any action from me? Where can I buy ACLs in the UCP?

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2013

I think it´s activated by default. It´s still beta until september, so you can buy the pro option from september.

• XTREMEXTREME Member

Prolexic is also better for protection better try it

• pikepike Veteran

@fileMEDIA I got the VPS now, when my mates join the server (<8 User) the Packet-Loss goes arround 80-90%... that's crappy

• @pike what vps is crap?

• pikepike Veteran

@finlandvps ovh.de

• @pike said:
    fileMEDIA I got the VPS now, when my mates join the server (<8 User) the Packet-Loss goes arround 80-90%... that's crappy

That isn´t a problem with the VAC, it´s a vps problem. Go to the ovh support or try a dedicated server. I tested only the VAC on the dedicated servers @ alpha build.

• pikepike Veteran

Okay, I've written a ticket an looking forward for an answer :)

• harispharisp Member

@pike : Well best shoot for you then is to learn how to use iptables or other firewall as most of DDoS ( hardware ) protected providers are pretty expensive. With iptables or some other firewall software you could mitigate part of attack..