Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Days To Christmas Offers | KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5 Days To Christmas Offers | KVM VPS

HostDocHostDoc Member
edited December 2018 in Offers

If you clicked for a $5 per year KVM Plan with a dedicated IPv4, shame on you :disappointed: . Not only is it unsustainable, but, I also admitted in the title it is clickbait.

Moving on...

5 More Days To Christmas and we here at HostDoc are extremely excited.
We have slowly been rolling out the ability to offer /64 IPv6 subnets thanks to reasonable DC's who understand a /64 for a reseller host is simply not adequate nor sufficient.
We have also introduced our new look website, finally updated our terms of service, added a splash of colour to our clients area and have a new logo (but our mascot is still ever present ;) ).

Why Choose HostDoc?
With HostDoc, we will take care of all your hosting ailements and provide a treatment guaranteed to provide solid uptime, sustainable performance, and most importantly, support that actually takes into account your needs and wants and strives to deliver a solution as soon as is possible.
Yes, we are still a young company, but our track record thus far speaks volumes of what you can expect being a client of our's.
We are a UK registered limited company, VAT registered and in compliance with ICO's regulations on customer data and privacy.
ALL of our VPS offerings are KVM virtualisation ensuring you the best possible control over your VM, bare metal stability and performance.
We utilise nothing but enterprise hardware such as E3v5/v6 and E5 1650v3. In our bid to offer the highest quality hardware, we have introduced a Xeon Gold CPU to our line up for those whom are serious about hosting with nothing but the best hardware.
Ability to change VPS location free unlimited amount of times (we check IP spam and black lists before approval).

Our Locations
We aim to be your one stop shop for all needed locations from a single provider whom currently resells for a number of well respected and solid providers such as Clouvider, OVH, Incero/Hivelocity and Hetzner.
We currently have host nodes in:

• Germany
  • Finland
  • USA (Dallas)
  • Canada
  • France
  • UK
  • Australia
  • Singapore

Available OS
Ubuntu 16.04, 17.10, 18.04, 18.10
CentOS 6.2, 6.3, 6.5, 6.6, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1,7.3,7.4,7.5
Fedora 19, 20, 17
Scientific 7.0, 7.1, 7.4
Debian 8.7, 9.4

5 Days To Christmas Offers

USA
1vCore @ 3.4Ghz
512MB DDR4 ECC RAM
1GB Swap RAM
5GB NVMe SSD Storage or 15GB HDD Storage
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6
500GB Bandwidth
10gbps Port
Dual Intel Xeon Gold
£2.17/m
Order NVMe SSD Here
Order HDD Here

Singapore | Australia
1vCore @ 3.6Ghz
512MB DDR4 ECC RAM
1GB Swap RAM
20GB HDD Storage
1 IPv4
500GB Bandwidth
250mbps Port
Intel Xeon E3-1245v5
£1.99/m
Order Singapore
Order Australia

France | Germany
1vCore @ 3.5Ghz
512MB DDR4 ECC RAM
1GB Swap RAM
35GB HDD Storage
1 IPv4
500GB Bandwidth
250mbps Port - France
1gbps Port - Germany
Intel Xeon E5-1650v3
£1.99/m
Order France
Order Germany

UK
1vCore @ 3.8Ghz
512MB DDR4 ECC RAM
1GB Swap RAM
20GB HDD Storage
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6
500GB Bandwidth
1gbps Port
Intel Xeon E3-1270v6
£1.99/m
Order Here

Test IP's

USA
Singapore
Australia
France
Germany
UK
Thanked by 3wtfcook eol simonindia

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2018

Make a few limited $5/yr KVM VPS + IPv4 as easter egg to justify the click bait :wink:

EDIT: or you can also schedule some flash sales to make us crazy :blush:

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • I clicked to read your justification.

Don't see how it'd drive sales though

• @FAT32 said:
    Make a few limited $5/yr KVM VPS + IPv4 as easter egg to justify the click bait :wink:

:worried: A limited quantity of such a plan in reality would only be one. To suffice, an offer of only the IPv4 for $5 a year could be made?? :blush:

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2018

Just so we're clear, what you did isn't "Clickbait", it is "Bait-and-switch". That is scummier than clickbait, which is more like to entice you to click through for something you otherwise wouldn't really care about but isn't an outright lie.

You were just trying to be funny, but my takeaway is this was spam and didn't care for the joke.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • lol, the 5y click bait is not work for me

but ... this thread would be lots of fun

so here i'm

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2018

@HostDoc said:
    :worried: A limited quantity of such a plan in reality would only be one. To suffice, an offer of only the IPv4 for $5 a year could be made?? :blush:

I agree, that's why I am suggesting some flash sales instead :) Not necessary $5, it can be any special price with limited quantity.

If you are planning for NAT VPS, it should be doable.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • @caracal said:
    I clicked to read your justification.

Don't see how it'd drive sales though

It is too close to christmas and excitment got the best of me while drafting this up. It does admit it is clickbait.

@TimboJones said:
    Just so we're clear, what you did isn't "Clickbait", it is "Bait-and-switch". That is scummier than clickbait, which is more like to entice you to click through for something you otherwise wouldn't really care about but isn't an outright lie.

You were just trying to be funny, but my takeaway is this was spam and didn't care for the joke.

You obviously missed the joke then and I apologise for how you have perceived the title.

@kassle said:
    lol, the 5y click bait is not work for me

but ... this thread would be lots of fun

so here i'm

Welcome aboard

@FAT32 said:

@HostDoc said:

I agree, that's why I am suggesting some flash sales instead :) Not necessary $5, it can be any special price with limited quantity.

If you are planning for NAT VPS, it should be doable.

We have a christmas surprise I am sure you would like :wink: Just 5more days.

• @HostDoc said:
    We have a christmas surprise I am sure you would like :wink: Just 5more days.

this should be as real as santa

• Hmm, clickbait + b&s + shaming customers for being cheap in one shot, how is that working out ?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2018

@TimboJones said:

Need to calm down a bit there brother, guy is just having some banter! Sour puss.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @loyd said:
    Hmm, clickbait + b&s + shaming customers for being cheap in one shot, how is that working out ?

Yes, clickbait. It is clearly stated in the title so why the surprise?
    In no way does it shame customers either, however, buying into such deals and getting burned is something that occurs far too often.
    I have hopefully saved you $5 with this.

Thanked by 1wtfcook
  • You caught me too ... damn clickbait but well done.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Bizzare move

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Hosting offers are serious business

/s

Thanked by 2eol HostDoc
  • As a UK company I'd have thought this comes a little too close to misleading advertising.

• loydloyd Member
    edited December 2018

@HostDoc said:
    Yes, clickbait. It is clearly stated in the title so why the surprise?

Not surprised, but genuinely curious how this marketing method works out.

@HostDoc said:
    In no way does it shame customers either,

I thought "_If you clicked ... shame on you _" is shaming, but then I am not a native English speaker, so it may mean something else, like "Get out of here!" meaning "Unbelievable!", so my bad ;)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2018

The title is not a clickbait. It is a pure scam to make a reader click your offer with false title. A clickbait is a title like "you won't believe how much this KVM will cost you for a whole year".
    Please, correct the title, it is just false advertisement, don't try to sugar it with "I clearly state this on the title".
    Flagged

• is this even allowed? I should put your mom's picture in imgur and give it here, and for clickbait I say its Emma Watson's sexy photo.

• HostDoc said: Yes, clickbait. It is clearly stated in the title so why the surprise?

@TimboJones gave you the links of the meaning of clickbait (it does not apply to your title) but you still say that your title is just a clickbait. Don't open that gate, you have a good reputation here, don't ruin it in an night... Correct your title and try to make bad jokes in a normal thread and not in an offer that insult readers...

• since its xmas i guess its oky. But i agree with jvnadr HosDoc has a good reputation and maybe the title was rushed. Its upto him now if he changes the title.

• I am failing to understand the problem here.
    Has your Christmas spirit failed you to the point that you cannot identify an obvious good gesture joke wrapped in a CLICKBAIT disclaimer?

False advertising would be offering you a 3 year deal knowing we will fold end of December.
    False advertising would be claiming I am offering $5 a year deals (which was clarified in the first paragraph).
    False advertising would be offering a service I cannot provide and even worse, taking money for it.

Maybe there is a cultural difference here. Maybe some just do not know how to appreciate a bad joke.

Whatever the case may be, this is our offer thread and title. You are welcome to flag it and until somebody justifies to me exactly why it is in bad taste, I will not be changing it.

This the season to be jolly. With so much negativity around LET recently, can't we all just enjoy the coming days to Christmas without assuming every thread (even ones labeled as clickbait) are out to either defraud or angry that the thread obviously did not want to defraud.

• Haha I think it's that time of the month for some of these haters. A joke is a joke and clearly there are those among us lacking a sense of humor.

Thanked by 3brueggus eol tester4
  • @dahartigan said:
    Haha I think it's that time of the month for some of these haters. A joke is a joke and clearly there are those among us lacking a sense of humor.

put the joke in Offtopic thread. not in Offers.

Thanks.

• Well either way, the offers in the thread are really good especially for Australia.. best support experience I've ever had with a provider from LET and a joke taken the wrong way by "certain people" isn't going to change that at least not for me.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

@HostDoc said:
    This the season to be jolly. With so much negativity around LET recently, can't we all just enjoy the coming days to Christmas without assuming every thread (even ones labeled as clickbait) are out to either defraud or angry that the thread obviously did not want to defraud.

What he said.

@HostDoc You nailed it bro. Have pleasant winter festivities.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @tcp6 said:

@HostDoc said:

What he said.

@HostDoc You nailed it bro. Have pleasant winter festivities.

You too

@dahartigan said:
    Well either way, the offers in the thread are really good especially for Australia.. best support experience I've ever had with a provider from LET and a joke taken the wrong way by "certain people" isn't going to change that at least not for me.

We genuinely appreciate your custom and your ability to see the funny side of a bad joke.

@creep said:

@dahartigan said:
    Haha I think it's that time of the month for some of these haters. A joke is a joke and clearly there are those among us lacking a sense of humor.

put the joke in Offtopic thread. not in Offers.

Thanks.

You sir are toxic. Did I offend you that much that my mother had to be brought into your comment?
    In that case, enjoy the $5 I saved you and hopefully, a more serious thread with a similar offer does not swindle you.
    Merry Xmas.

Thanked by 2dahartigan tcp6
  • @creep said:
    is this even allowed? I should put your mom's picture in imgur and give it here, and for clickbait I say its Emma Watson's sexy photo.

You really are a creep.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • HostDoc said: If you clicked for a $5 per year KVM Plan with a dedicated IPv4, shame on you :disappointed: . Not only is it unsustainable, but, I also admitted in the title it is clickbait.

And i find it offensive and misleading.

• @agroup said:

HostDoc said: If you clicked for a $5 per year KVM Plan with a dedicated IPv4, shame on you :disappointed: . Not only is it unsustainable, but, I also admitted in the title it is clickbait.

And i find it offensive and misleading.

Your mother is offensive and misleading

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • These VPS listed are KVM?