Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do you spend... ... on idle LEB VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much do you spend... ... on idle LEB VPS?

2»

Comments

• The Only one i have on idle is my vpn server. @ $16/year

• I have $70.33/year in LEBs, iirc. All are virtually always idle. I just picked them up because they were good deals (not that I really had any use for them :$). I consider that an acceptable cost for the pleasure I get out of having them to play with (on the rare chance that I remember) and having them available for my use in case I need a random server to do something on. I have a private wiki set up on one, but haven't had time to touch it in months.

• @awson said:
    Just a $4 Backupsy KVM.

Don't let it idle!

• earlearl Member

Around $140/mo.. a mix of dedi's and vps's just sitting idle mostly but do play with it when I have time.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited July 2013

So far I'm losing at a measly $242 a month on dedi's.

And that was after the trimming of the $28 a month dedi I had at hetzner.

• @serverian said:
    Don't let it idle!

Darn, I read this and started filling my backupsy even more. lol

• Just got into the LEB game. i now have 5, but so been having a very bad experience with one LEB provider. and yes most are idle all the time( i mostly use them as private proxies)

• Can you define idle..? Some hosts look at root logins. Others bandwidth. IMHO it still gets pretty subjective if it's paid for..

• I tend to do manual payments on most hosts. No automatic / reoccurring. In total with all the vps services I use i pay $38 per month.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited July 2013

Linode $20 Digital Ocean - Free currently. MiniVPS £2 = $3.20 Ramnode $3.72 Directspace $15/yr = $1.25/m

In total: $28.17
    calculation carried out in head, no accuracy claimed.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited July 2013

@rm_ said:

• Canada, Atom D425, 4GB RAM, 2TB disk, 5TB b/w = 119 EUR/year (regret not getting 2-3 of these)

Yummy.

As for the question, I don't have any idle VPS at the moment, because I decided to trim them down a fair bit a few months ago. I'm still waiting for a yearly plan to expire since I won't be renewing it, leaving me with 3 active servers.

A stronger VPS could probably replace all of them but I don't want to keep all my eggs in one basket.

• @Brandon said:
    We should pool all of our idle LEBs and use them for things like:

http://home.ssl.berkeley.edu/
    http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php

I want a VPS to run a Video Site :D