Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest SSD deal ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest SSD deal ?

PatsPats Member
edited July 2013 in Requests

Guys,
I'm looking for any cheapest 256mb min. SSD deal.. so far cud get Fliphost @ 24/yr.
Any sweeter options? :)

Thanks

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Pats Just let me know if you have any questions about the plan.

That one includes all our standard features for our Openvz plans:

Free Offloaded SQL

Free Rage4 DNS

Backups every 6 hours which are user restoreable to the file level. Example here

• Would SSD-Cached do any good?

• PatsPats Member

SSD-cached... where'll be the Disk IO stand comparing with HDD & SSD (on average)?
    and the Price benefit?

• SSD-cached:
    Your packaged services will likely to start faster, and database IOs will be almost SSD standard.
    However, it is unlikely that your static contents will enjoy a better IO, as they are not considered as "hot" files. SSD-cached will not benefit file downloads or image hosts.

• How soon do the SSD drives fail? Have you run SSD servers for 2 years without failing? I've had good luck with SATA hard drives, as they have lasted several years.

• PatsPats Member

@sundaymouse said:
    SSD-cached:
    Your packaged services will likely to start faster, and database IOs will be almost SSD standard.

yeah i know lil bit abt SSD-cached, i was looking forward for some comparative figures from @FrapHost so that my client can make some decision..

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We're not the cheapest, but we were voted in the top 4 VPS providers for the last several quarters. Check out our 38% off special ("YAYJULY4").

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

+1 for RamNode

• PatsPats Member
    edited July 2013

@Nick_A i know u first when @Jarland talked highly of Ramnode. I have checked ur offer also, i'd love to but i have to see my client's budget also.. lets see..

• harispharisp Member

@Pats You can check us out Pielayer.com . Also you can enter 20% off coupon code for life ( only for SSD VPS ): ILOVELEB :)