Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You reap what you sow.

And tools will always be tools.

• when monthly went to yearly, and then hostrails o/

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Francisco said:

@dedotatedwam said:
    So shocked, totally didn't see that coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Francisco

LEB wise you can point at Jon or Chris for that, hopefully you actually meant the owners /owner admins not the volunteer admins, that phrase muddies the waters a bit and suggests I or @trewq had some involvement in pushing their offers.

I personally have very little sympathy for anyone buying a 3 year deal from a new company but I do hope you get the lions share of your money back, sadly I suspect many will not.

I stepped down as admin as SOON as it became obvious Chris was back to his old tricks here again and he stared unbanning known scammers for CC profit, there are still a number of them being allowed to operate here sadly.

Maybe the providers here and on LEB should disclose if they are related and do business with ColoCrossing in any way.

Between the spams of cheap discounted servers during BF and CF that LEB sends by emails and this incident, it seems like a systematic plan to have unsustainable business just to grab money and go under.

I personally found that having provider that resell OVH or cheap servers like @cociu is much better quality and better night sleep than umaxhosting, hiformance etc that resell ColoCrossing.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jamuja said: Maybe the providers here and on LEB should disclose if they are related and do business with ColoCrossing in any way.

Between the spams of cheap discounted servers during BF and CF that LEB sends by emails and this incident, it seems like a systematic plan to have unsustainable business just to grab money and go under.

I personally found that having provider that resell OVH or cheap servers like @cociu is much better quality and better night sleep than umaxhosting, hiformance etc that resell ColoCrossing.

This has been going on for 10 years, no one cares if it is cheap enough.

@jamuja said:
    Maybe the providers here and on LEB should disclose if they are related and do business with ColoCrossing in any way.

(Some) people don't change. Don't bother. Whether they disclose or not, as long as it's cheap enough, they will bite.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited December 2018

If you're going to deadpool, don't use a bloody double negative like "No data in x location will not be able to be backed up". Also, announcement removed? What? So you're gonna close and not inform your clients? Or stay open and not tell anyone? What a complete mess either way.

Thanked by 2eol TimboJones

To be fair, people will complain regardless how they close.

Give them a month of notice -> Too short! Can we get one more free month?
    Give me a week of notice -> Complain about the length of notice.
    Just send out an e-mail and close the next day -> Where is my data.
    Just deadpool -> wtf?

So, doesn't matter how they close. Might as well just close.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@deank said:
    To be fair, people will complain regardless how they close.

I disagree. There's been some rather classy deadpools here that I've seen. Most recently, MSP, where he notified a month or more in advance and offered prorated refunds for services not delivered. Minimal drama. Handled as best it could be.

This is completely on the opposite side of the spectrum, I'm afraid. No notice of shutdown (still haven't received any communication of my defunct server at their LA QN location). Little chance of refunds. But then again, this was inevitable given their prices. Just a shame that CC seemingly sponsored their scam (whether intentional or not).

Of course, there are exceptions but exceptions aren't norm.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Always spreading lies about us. The owners of this company have been in the hosting business longer than you have. Stop trolling every ColoCrossing thread, grow up and move on its time.

Thanked by 1HostMayo

@deank said:
    Of course, there are exceptions but exceptions aren't norm.

Sure, but the norm here is slightly skewed since we regularly deal with kiddie/summer shithosts that get in over their heads and make rash decisions. Point is, there's correct way to handle it and an awful way to handle it. Obviously this case (and probably most LE deadpools) is the later, unfortunately.

We are on LET, it is not skewed here.
    It's not like WHT is any better.

• tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

popcorn

Thanked by 1eol
    edited December 2018

@CVPS_Chris said:

Francisco said: The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Always spreading lies about us. The owners of this company have been in the hosting business longer than you have. Stop trolling every ColoCrossing thread, grow up and move on its time.

Hmmm... let's see.

Hiformance's first wayback archive w/ content: 29 August 2012 [note only offering game servers...]
    Hiformance's first wayback archive offering VPS services: 20 October 2017
    Hiformance's first LEB feature: 24 November 2017 [merely 1 month after offering VPS services mostly in CC locations]

...and then we have buyvm who's first wayback capture is: 19 June 2010

Letting a MineCraft hosting company pump out long-term unsustainable VPS deals (which is a brand new product for them) on your platform just because they rent servers from you guys is careless and irresponsible. Also seeing that they only became a registered business in November 2017 is another red flag. If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MasonR said: If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit.

Lets pull up the identity theft case too :)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2018

@CVPS_Chris said:

According to the notoriously rogue website known as lowendbox.com

they’re a registered LLC in the state of Wyoming (2017-000777425)

As anyone can check on opencorporates, they started their company in November 2017

Wyoming confirms
    (and adds: "Standing - Tax: Delinquent")

The domain has been registered in 2014 but that alone doesn't mean they've been in business since then, also it seems it (possibly) changed ownership from 2014 to 2017

So if you want to add some more background information about the way you check people advertising on LEB; or, if you can state that you've cleared their credentials and if you can add more to these findings anyone can google in 10 minutes, please share

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MasonR said:

@CVPS_Chris said:

Hmmm... let's see.

Hiformance's first wayback archive w/ content: 29 August 2012 [note only offering game servers...]
    Hiformance's first wayback archive offering VPS services: 20 October 2017
    Hiformance's first LEB feature: 24 November 2017 [merely 1 month after offering VPS services mostly in CC locations]

...and then we have buyvm who's first wayback capture is: 19 June 2010

Letting a MineCraft hosting company pump out long-term unsustainable VPS deals (which is a brand new product for them) on your platform just because they rent servers from you guys is careless and irresponsible. Also seeing that they only became a registered business in November 2017 is another red flag. If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit.

If you see my first comment above, HiFormance first advertised on LEB in September 2017. Given that they were announced as an "extremely young" company, I wonder whether the company that existed in 2011 was really the same company (if yes, then the announcement was incorrect/misleading).

In any case, I (perhaps incorrectly) took @CVPS_Chris to be referring to CC (and not to HiFormance).

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Who wants a 4GB VPS for $8.99/year?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2018

angstrom said: If you see my first comment above, HiFormance first advertised on LEB in September 2017.

The company was established in November 2017, so they were at best taking orders as a company without being a company. Not sure how's that considered in Wyoming from a legal standpoint..

I get a 404.
    It seems any post about hiformance are getting deleted from lowendbox.com after my comment.

mfs said: According to the notoriously rogue website known as lowendbox.com

That link, https://lowendbox.com/blog/hiformance-4gb-kvm-w-100gb-hdd-for-72-year-double-resources-by-paying-tri-annually/ , is now getting a 404 as well.

EDIT: luckily, it's still in google's cache. And now, it's on archive.is.
    EDIT#2: and here's @angstrom 's link while we wait for LEB to fix their 404 issues, I'm sure they were 100% unintentional.

• @Ishaq said:
    Who wants a 4GB VPS for $8.99/year?

Expensive.

• @mfs said:

angstrom said: If you see my first comment above, HiFormance first advertised on LEB in September 2017.

The company was established in November 2017, so they were at best starting taking orders as a company without being a company. Not sure how's that considered in Wyoming from a legal standpoint..

I get a 404.
    It seems any post about hiformance are getting deleted from lowendbox.com after my comment.

That link, https://lowendbox.com/blog/hiformance-4gb-kvm-w-100gb-hdd-for-72-year-double-resources-by-paying-tri-annually/ , is now getting a 404 as well.

Earlier today, when I posted my first comment above, the LEB links were still working (naturally, I checked them).

It appears that there's an attempt to remove/destroy historical evidence.

Thanked by 2tcp6 Yura
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2018

@mfs said:

The company was established in November 2017, so they were at best taking orders as a company without being a company. Not sure how's that considered in Wyoming from a legal standpoint..

I get a 404.

EDIT#2: and here's @angstrom 's link while we wait for LEB to fix their 404 issues, I'm sure they were 100% unintentional.

Kind of similar to Hillary Clinton's quickly deleting her emails ...

Thanked by 4mfs eol tcp6 bugrakoc
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Its just a few weeks after BF and they have fallen.
    Kinda expected, that a few hosts will deadpool after BF.

This is why I luv BF.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • Any others besides Hiformance so far? Or potential candidate for deadpool?

• @Neoon said:

But HiFormance were in trouble well before BF. Their CM offer was their final attempt to raise money to pay for the servers.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

But HiFormance were in trouble well before BF. Their CM offer was their final attempt to raise money to pay for the servers.

Ah okay, I am not sure if doing insane offers when you already have issue is a good attempt.

Sounds like more Lets found my vacation, like Kickfarted.