Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud - €5 free Xmas gift - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud - €5 free Xmas gift

Comments

• I couldn't find any test IP or looking glass on the website... Anyone?

• Can you verify my account? I sent my ID Card.

• Awesome! Thanks.

• @NanoG6 said:
    I couldn't find any test IP or looking glass on the website... Anyone?

hostballs.com running in Nuremberg

• They won't verify my account, so no freebie for me :(

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @manlivo, I unfortunately do not have the authority to verify your account. As you can imagine, with a free gift like this, we need to be careful to try to prevent people for using the servers for potential abuse. Because of this offer, we will have a lot of new account requests coming in today. So please be patient.
    Our team will likely be reviewing many of these request manually and may ask you for an additional ID (check your mail inbox/spam). We will delete any IDs used for the account verification immediately afterwards. It may take a full business day for us to confirm the account, but our team is working at top speed to do just this. Thanks for your understanding and patience! --Katie

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Thanks Katie and Hetzner! Merry Christmas to you too!

• Just verified my KonsoleH account in less than an hour after I sent the photo copy.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Thanks Hetzner!

• Created account and redeemed code. Awesome, thank you!

• @Hukin said:
    But no one still mentioned about Hetzner?

Wonder why.
    Have around 25 machines there of all sizes, from 1GB VPS to 128GB dedicated. Insanely fast and for less than most of the competition.

• $7

Thanked by 1eol
  • thanks very much
    nice to try their services again

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi LETters, Glad so many of you are enjoying the gift! Maybe if you have time, and you haven't done so already, let me know what you wind up using your voucher for. I'm always a bit curious about stuff like that as a memeber of the marketing team. ;) --Katie

I have been testing a CX11 VPS for email and Nextcloud. The ability to easily spin up new instances and to take very low-cost snapshots makes it ideal for development. Thank you for this present that also applies to existing customers and even my usage this month so far.

The only thing I wish for is a more user friendly bandwidth rule. I understand that Hetzner has to pay for it, but I can't spin up hundreds of instances and take on the risk of having to pay 1€ per TB overage for every single one.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

Exception Cloud Server: If the traffic limit is exceeded, the bandwidth is not reduced. Additional traffic is automatically charged in 1TB increments.

• Thanks <3

• nice thanks - though a bit of shame it's time limited till Jan 2019

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @eva2000 said:
    nice thanks - though a bit of shame it's time limited till Jan 2019

So spin up a buildbox for a month. :dizzy:

• "Send your documents to verify your indentity"

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

thammy321 said: Send your documents to verify your indentity

Sometimes Santa coming with asking who has a bad relationship with him this year.

Thanked by 1thammy321
  • thammy321 said: "Send your documents to verify your indentity"

Unsurprising considering your post history?

Thanked by 1thammy321
  • I was hoping that hetzner Christmas offer is waiving the setup fees like they did in blackfriday :(

• Thanks Santa! :D

• Nice of you.
    Would be great if you removed expiration (or at least make it 1 year).

I'm too busy with my existing server that will expire on February so can't enjoy this.

• Thanks, it's works

• smilesmile Member
    edited December 2018

@gol3m said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi LETters, Glad so many of you are enjoying the gift! Maybe if you have time, and you haven't done so already, let me know what you wind up using your voucher for. I'm always a bit curious about stuff like that as a memeber of the marketing team. ;) --Katie

The only thing I wish for is a more user friendly bandwidth rule. I understand that Hetzner has to pay for it, but I can't spin up hundreds of instances and take on the risk of having to pay 1€ per TB overage for every single one.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

Exception Cloud Server: If the traffic limit is exceeded, the bandwidth is not reduced. Additional traffic is automatically charged in 1TB increments.

@Hetzner_OL Can you comment on this? This matter also has been bothering me as I need to know my costs per month without overage concerns.

• Got it thanks.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2018

Hetzner_OL said: let me know what you wind up using your voucher for

by coincidence I just last week started to look at the cloud functions to put something in front of storage box to handle stuff like compressing/uncompressing etc so I brought up a small instance in Falkenstein.

the voucher is useful to play more freely with larger instances and other locations, to try features such as block storage volumes

I am also curious to test performance of dedicated cpu with a lightweight machine learning application (https://github.com/karpathy/arxiv-sanity-preserver) which needs strong cpu for just a few hours a day. So I might want to try something like the CCX21 for a day or three - certainly the €5 bonus makes it an easier decision to spend a little time taking a closer look at all the good stuff Hetzner has to offer. Thanks!

• ZiriusPHZiriusPH Member
    edited December 2018

Easy 25 bucks

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Chocoweb said:
    Just verified my KonsoleH account in less than an hour after I sent the photo copy.

Be careful. konsoleH is the interface for our managed products (managed servers, managed webhosting, and Heztner NextCloud and for ordering many of our domains). Cloud Console is for administering Hetzner Cloud.

managed: konsoleH
    unmanaged/root access: Hetzner Accounts (leads you to Robot and Cloud Console)

gol3m said: The only thing I wish for is a more user friendly bandwidth rule. I understand that Hetzner has to pay for it, but I can't spin up hundreds of instances and take on the risk of having to pay 1€ per TB overage for every single one.

(and @smile) Thanks for that feedback. I will pass it on to the Hetzner Cloud team.

ZiriusPH said: Easy 25 bucks

Do you care to elaborate on that?

@kzed @farsighter Well, sometimes when you give someone a present, it just isn't the right present. My grandma used to give me and my brothers socks each year. I loved them; they hated them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I still appreciate the feedback, though.

Thank you to everyone else who has given me feedback so far! I'm glad to see you're enjoying this opportunity. --Katie

Thanked by 5pike sibaper eol mfs tcp6
  • @ Hetzner_OL: Just some additional input... It would be nice if the VMs could be increased to 12 or 16 vCPUs. The only way to do this right now is to book dedicated resources, but these plans are very expensive (at Strato I could get 16 vCPUs for 30 EUR month/, while Netcup even provides 14 dedicated cores at 45 EUR - though I haven't done extensive testing on both).

Currently there is a huge price gap between the CX and CCX plans and I think the latter only makes sense if you really need the resources for a couple of hours (otherwise one is probably cheaper off with a dedi).

This discussion has been closed.