Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

h2oh2o Member
edited December 2018 in General

But this announcement was deleted.

The end is now.

Does anyone know the story?

From @doghouch: They seem to be pulling a quick one now. Matthew o’ saviour is using his TOS as grounds for not having to provide refunds. They’re really close to deadpooling and the remaining servers are probably only paid for until the end of the month. I cannot stress how important it is to take your data if you still have access to your VPS(es).

He’s already moved on to another name anyway.

tl;dr HiFormance is on virtual life support right now.

Thanked by 1yokide

Comments

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

https://hiformance.com/ -- empty page.

They almost made it to be the first colocrossing scamhost to deadpool in 2019.

• The end is now. :sweat_smile:

• LostMyBytes

• So shocked, totally didn't see that coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dedotatedwam said:
    So shocked, totally didn't see that coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Francisco

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Matthew Palmer (@HiFormance) can you help us understand what happened?

• smilesmile Member
    edited December 2018

You know it is really bad when the provider tells you to open a dispute(paypal?!) for a prorated refund :neutral:

• still don't see anything :3

• @Francisco said:

@dedotatedwam said:

The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Francisco

Because the admins are clucks. Anything remotely related to ColoCrossing goes no matter how shit it is. 99.9% of the crap on LEB is ColoCrossing shit, but with a different name.

• I have regret to inform you the closing of HiFormance due to unforeseen circumstances. We will be closing our doors as of 12/22/2018. We ask you to backup any data on your servers you need and migrate to another provider. To apply for a prorated refund for time not used please open a dispute through the payment processor that you have used for your payment. We do not guarantee any data will be available after 12/22/2018.

Please note that no data in the Los Angeles Premium location will not be able to be backed up as the servers are offline.

Thank You.

• I dodged the bullet. Almost bought hiformance but change my mind and went with wishosting instead. Never been happier with wishosting.

So hiformance took the money, refused to honour refund request and go out of business?
    That's a great way to earn money :smiley:

I hope other companies on LEB.com will follow. Them all shady as fuck.

Does LEB and LET have the same owner?

Thanked by 2Rhys projectadmin
  • this is expected. I feel bad for those who bought the 3 year offer. My condolence goes to the money.

just avoid colocrossing. If you insist, at least use Virmach.

Thanked by 1projectadmin
  • @jamuja said:
    I dodged the bullet. Almost bought hiformance but change my mind and went with wishosting instead. Never been happier with wishosting.

So hiformance took the money, refused to honour refund request and go out of business?
    That's a great way to earn money :smiley:

I hope other companies on LEB.com will follow. Them all shady as fuck.

Does LEB and LET have the same owner?

Whatever I learned last few weeks here is, LEB and LET owned by ColoCrossing, also hiformance lease the hardware from Colocrossing.

• @creep said:
    just avoid colocrossing. If you insist, at least use Virmach.

@VirMach has a bright future, and past of turd polishing.

Thanked by 2netomx Wolveix
  • @fengzone said:
    ... no data in the Los Angeles Premium location will not be able to be backed up ...

???

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited December 2018

@eol said:

@fengzone said:
    ... no data in the Los Angeles Premium location will not be able to be backed up ...

???

Those servers were reported by users down for days. And now Hiformance has confirmed those servers are forever shut down, to my understanding..

Thanked by 1eol
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

Winter is done that so soon?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2018

... somehow they still have like 430 VPSes still available on one of their packages.

We all knew this would happen — they were offering unsustainable prices and ended up following VortexNode’s steps trying to keep afloat with ColoCrossing’s contractual requirements.

It’s time to back up any data you have (if possible). As they’ve deleted their main website and announcements, I think it’s safe to say that they’re going under and nothing you store with them is secure.

I’ve pinned the thread per the request of a few users. Let me make this clear again: they’re hanging by a tiny thread now. Don’t pay another invoice or give them any money.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • I lost 5$. Lesson Learned. Rip Hiformance, enjoy my beer money.

• Judging by the fact that the servers are offline I guess we can safely say they have deadpooled and not deadpooling

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@dedotatedwam said:

Francisco

LEB wise you can point at Jon or Chris for that, hopefully you actually meant the owners /owner admins not the volunteer admins, that phrase muddies the waters a bit and suggests I or @trewq had some involvement in pushing their offers.

I personally have very little sympathy for anyone buying a 3 year deal from a new company but I do hope you get the lions share of your money back, sadly I suspect many will not.

I stepped down as admin as SOON as it became obvious Chris was back to his old tricks here again and he stared unbanning known scammers for CC profit, there are still a number of them being allowed to operate here sadly.

Thanked by 3letbox netomx Yandex
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: LEB wise you can point at Jon or Chris for that, hopefully you actually meant the owners /owner admins not the volunteer admins, that phrase muddies the waters a bit and suggests I or @trewq had some involvement in pushing their offers.

You guys are cool.

The buffalo crew are what i'm referring to.

Francisco

• Another one bites the dust.

• Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database.

https://my.hiformance.com/clientarea.php

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2018

HiFormance's first ad on LEB dates from 08 September 2017; at that time, they were "an extremely young company," so presumably established during the summer of 2017:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/new-provider-hiformance-exclusive-kvm-offer/

Note that -- below the ad -- HiFormance-Kyle stayed around to answer questions and to react to comments.

Fast forward to Cyber Monday of this year (26 November):

https://lowendbox.com/blog/cyber-monday-hiformance-8gb-openvz-w-4-cores-40gb-ssd-for-only-35-97-3-years-and-more/

In this ad, which was dutifully posted by @Nick, HiFormance-Kyle writes:

We are excited to bring another unbeatable offer to the LowEndBox community! It continues to be an amazing year for us as we continuously grow exponentially.

Despite this (ultimately misleading) expression of optimism on the part of HiFormance-Kyle, he doesn't stay around to answer any questions or to react to any comments, which probably was not an accident given that most of the comments are negative and that HiFormance was about to deadpool.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

AnthonySmith said: LEB wise you can point at Jon or Chris for that, hopefully you actually meant the owners /owner admins not the volunteer admins, that phrase muddies the waters a bit and suggests I or @trewq had some involvement in pushing their offers.

You guys are cool.

Francisco

This was obvious from the beginning and we will see more deadpool pretty soon!

• @key900 said:

@Francisco said:

You guys are cool.

Francisco

It almost sounds as if you were looking forward to it! :wink:

• @key900 said:

Thanked by 2First-Root t0m