Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider allowing Seedbox/Torrent ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider allowing Seedbox/Torrent ?

2»

Comments

• @eol I read it, but not many informations about this kind of use in comments..
    @shallownorthdakota : 15gb, more if possible. 30gb (no ssd) would be great

• tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

Seedboxes or torrenting should be tolerated by any provider unless it is strictly prohibited in the terms of service given two criterias:

• Set an acceptable download/upload throttle limit, don’t let a bittorrent client running at full blown speed 24/7, even more so on a shared resource such as a VPS.

• Seed only public domain or free content or seed content which you own the intellectual property of.

I think in your case you’re failing at meeting both of the aforementioned criterias.

Once again do not opt for a VPS if you are a resource hog, you will be terminated on sight and will crawl back crying again to these forums.

Some of us here have been in the hosting business industry for almost 10 years if not more, you came here asking for advice but yet refuse to listen or abide by the most basic terms of service.

I don’t want to be that “I told you so” guy.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2018

Seedbox means private tracker. You don't get DMCA with private trackers. Im using Hetzner as a seedbox and it works fine if one is not an idiot.

If you expose your server on public swarms for long term by seeding the content in piratebay for example, you are bound to receive abuse unless you run the server from ecatel/novogora and the likes.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tcp6 said: Seedboxes or torrenting should be tolerated by any provider unless it is strictly prohibited in the terms of service given two criterias:

However you cant ever expect any provider to publicly say

"Yes no problem break the law using our resources and network, store copyright material on our servers, that is fine as long as you are using private trackers because obviously the copyright owners agents have no idea private trackers exist and there is NO WAY they have accounts on any of them so I am happy to condone your illegal activity publicly"

• HostSolutions.ro Black Friday sale or Wishosting OpenVZ Mini might be your only options then.

• AC_Fan said: Wishosting OpenVZ Mini

No please.

• @ben47955 said:

AC_Fan said: Wishosting OpenVZ Mini

No please.

Clarification please.

• @AC_Fan said:

@ben47955 said:

AC_Fan said: Wishosting OpenVZ Mini

No please.

Clarification please.

They don't allow torrents. Don't abuse cheap stuff.

• AC_Fan said: Clarification please.

NAT vps usually have more user than a normal vps node. By using something that need a lot of ressource, you killing it for everyone.

• vultr

• @dahartigan said:
    Can confirm it's being killed by the host. There are quite a few that do this. They look for running processes with a known name and auto kill them.

Name some of these providers, please.

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:
    Can confirm it's being killed by the host. There are quite a few that do this. They look for running processes with a known name and auto kill them.

Alpharacks, w00the0sting, hiformance, hostmybytes, hostodo,

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

Do you know any specific file names being checked? I have some hiformance servers I'd like to verify this on.

Thanks

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2018

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

Do you know any specific file names being checked? I have some hiformance servers I'd like to verify this on.

Thanks

Edit, I don't know sorry

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

Umaxhosting, and all companies that use colo-crossing. So basically a lot of cheap servers that mention BUFFALO, NEW YORK as their data center.
    Check the list on lowendbox.com. Almost all of them is colo crossing resellers.

All this companies monitor udp and specific torrent programs and kill the process every 3 minutes. I learned this the hard way because their scanner miss categorized my python Web application as torrent related.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @jamuja said:
    All this companies monitor udp and specific torrent programs and kill the process every 3 minutes.

Of course.
    You are supposed to idling.
    How dare you use your resources!

Thanked by 1coreflux