Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Windows VPS in Chicago
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Windows VPS in Chicago

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

2-4GB of RAM
10-20GB of Disk Space
1 IP

Looking to run a CubeWorld Server, so if you provide CubeWorld hosting, I would be interested in that too.

Comments

• @agoldenberg said:
    Looking to run a CubeWorld Server, so if you provide CubeWorld hosting, I would be interested in that too.

god damn this game is like crack ._.

was running a server for me and a friend just off my local pc last night and it doesn't seem to be too resource intensive, could probably run it off less than that.

biggest killer here is just that you know, windows.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

CVPS ?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@MrObvious Myself and a buddy want to marathon this game over the weekend. Thats why I was hoping to find a cheap Windows VPS to run on until there is a linux server package. I supposed I could run it in wine.....

• @agoldenberg said:
    MrObvious Myself and a buddy want to marathon this game over the weekend. Thats why I was hoping to find a cheap Windows VPS to run on until there is a linux server package. I supposed I could run it in wine.....

I got to thinking about that after I posted, wonder how well it would work in wine.

If you give it a shot let me know the results!

• awsonawson Member
    edited July 2013

CVPS have 1GB Xen for $7, though they're out of stock. You could always open a ticket.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6037/chicagovps-xen-3-50-for-512mb/p1

• If you want to try it out with wine, I will provide 24 hours use of a 1GB Linux VPS.

Sorry, didn't read "Windows" :c

I have a linux server with Virtualization running but its OpenVZ.... I may have to invest in getting it to run in Wine.

• awsonawson Member
    edited July 2013

@agoldenberg said:
    I have a linux server with Virtualization running but its OpenVZ.... I may have to invest in getting it to run in Wine.

You can use Mono/Wine on OpenVZ

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

If you need it for the weekend I have spare space on my dedi.

@bcrisn Thanks for the offer but I plan to have this server running permanently lol. This game is only going to get better and I want to run a dedi. The max number of players at the moment is 4 so bandwidth and resources don't need to be crazy good.