Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

low end colo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

low end colo

what are some of the lower prices you guys have seen for hosting a single server/tower at a colocation?

Comments

• FDC, Dacentec, Continuum, Gorack

• What are your requirements? 1A? 1U? How much bandwidth?

• I'm thinking 1u 100mbps

• where do you see this special?

• PatsPats Member

how u guys compare GoRack & Dacentec? in terms of connectivity(to Asia), support response ?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2013

GoRack is certainly better connectivity wise.

• jhjh Member

econdc.com

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2013

Does anyone know about EU -> US import taxes for servers in Nevada (Federal seems to have none, no issues to CHI)?
    Shipping by UPS.

• rds100rds100 Member

It would be cheaper to buy it in USA... Everything in EU is more expensive.

• NickGHNickGH Member

Dacentec Is great, they start at 30/month for a 1U and we use them for our current nodes. We have had no issues out of them. https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/colocation/&step=0

• onepoundonepound Member
    edited July 2013

US will always be cheaper for hardware/power/transit, this is good for UK with a generous 0.75amp included on 1U colo

Oops link is http://www.boxcolo.co.uk/

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@jhadley said:
    econdc.com

Have you actually used it? That place looks terribly old and in a run-down area near Hillingdon.

I've spoken with that Suhail guy and Sal who both seem like good guys but I'd still be cautious.

• @Infinity said:
    I've spoken with that Suhail guy and Sal who both seem like good guys but I'd still be cautious.

Are colo customers still forbidden access to the DC floor there?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@onepound said:
    Are colo customers still forbidden access to the DC floor there?

From what I was told last, yes, which is what made me check up their DC location. It looks like a bought out bunch of council properties. Never actually used them and don't plan on using them any time soon. Their excuse was that it's a budget service.

• @Infinity said:
    From what I was told last, yes, which is what made me check up their DC location. It looks like a bought out bunch of council properties. Never actually used them and don't plan on using them any time soon. Their excuse was that it's a budget service.

I've never bothered to search out the place on google maps before! It certainly seems quite scary as a colo location.

• Nothing bad to say about GoRack :)

• @rds100 said:
    It would be cheaper to buy it in USA... Everything in EU is more expensive.

Certainly, but i have the HW already and as you said, it was not cheap ;)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

homedatacenterproject.com

Dunno if its in the USA though.

• +1 for GoRack.. Great group of guys and one of the most secure data centers you will see..

Last week I went there to install some new gear and when they opened the big gate to get into the parking lot one of the guards was standing in front of the guard shack with a AR-15... And when I left he was walking outside the fence with it when I was leaving... Oh and the pump shotgun behind the front reception desk...

Give Larry Ward a call and he would be happy to get you setup.

• @FtpIt_Radi Does the owner allow us to colo our own hardware there?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Contact him.

• @Jeffrey said:
    FtpIt_Radi Does the owner allow us to colo our own hardware there?

Why would you want too...?

• @Spencer I was only asking because he posted the link pertaining to a thread about colocating hardware.

• Gorack +1, Amazing Support.

Bandwidth is as advertised, Never had an issue yet with them.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Ask @qps , they offer really cheap dedicated, so they may have cheap coloration.

• fapvpsfapvps Member

Dacentec is awesome.

• IvanIvan Member

DataShack? Their colocation costs are only $45/month for a single mid tower or a rack server (up to 4U).

• @Ivan said:
    DataShack? Their colocation costs are only $45/month for a single mid tower or a rack server (up to 4U).

Any bread rack colocation is about as "low-end" as one can get

Thanked by 1doughmanes