Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMAXHOSTING - MORE CHEATS. AVOID!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UMAXHOSTING - MORE CHEATS. AVOID!

I purcahased this LEB special $7 deal vps from umaxhosting. the first vps (NY) was very slow, and I could hadly make any us of it. They changed the location of another one (LA), which turns out to be much worse than the first. I cannot even use this one! After several contacts with these guys, and a request for a full refund, as the product cannot be used, I am being ignored. Regardless of the price and their "terms" for refunds, these cheating companies think that they can rip people off buy taking their money for a service, and then give them complete rubbish, and steal our money! These companies should be banned from LEB/LET.

Thanked by 3Chuck eol The_Spectre

Comments

• who?

• @pike said:
    who?

UMAXHOSTING on the LEB.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

LEB and LET are pretty much separate.

Thanked by 3netomx coreflux opshk
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

No doubt yet another ColoCrossing puppet host.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @deank said:

Aren't both LET and LEB owned by ColoCrossing? (don't know much about both but this is the impression I got)

• I had vps servers in umax hosting, also using black Friday deal. The servers were down very often and when they are not down, umax hosting actively scan for process and terminate them. Unfortunately in my case I don't use the preinstalled server software and use my own custom purpose server written in python which umax keep terminate the process. They tried to migrate my server to different node but their network wasn't stable.
    And they said they don't allow p2p that's why their automated tasks keeps killing my python based Web app. My Web app isn't remotely related to p2p.

Terrible service overall. Horrible quality. Avoid at all cost.

The moment I asked for refund which is within 3 days after my vps provisioned their support team suddenly stop giving any response at all.

I had to report it to PayPal to get a full refund. I'm guessing I'm not the first one to report them because I got dispute decision in my favour quite fast.

• @Chuck said:

@pike said:
    who?

UMAXHOSTING on the LEB.

I think a lot of vps providers on the LEB are just resellers from the same company because their website design , their billing, plan pricing etc are strikingly very similar. Their support system and the email templates are of the same.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jamuja said: I think a lot of vps providers on the LEB are just resellers from the same company because their website design , their billing, plan pricing etc are strikingly very similar. Their support system and the email templates are of the same.

To be fair most providers use WHMCS for their billing.

Honestly, if you see a budget provider that's renting their servers listing "New York" as a location, you can almost guarantee they're in Colocrossing. Some providers will just list "NY" just to try to get away from the perception of being in Buffalo, but it doesn't change much.

Francisco

• +1 for UMaxHosting for bad services, I have 2x 7 $ VPS, they are one of my 10 providers, I keeping them off here after this BF order. Stop renewal, no response to tickets, their system seems fine, no reply for any queries. Same with HiFormance, stop using them. Possibly avoid ssdnodes as well, they over promise 100x performance, under deliver.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I might do some research in to finding contact details for the top guy at the puppet masters hosting company and write him/her a begging letter in layman's terms detailing the last 4 - 5 years of these scams putting a scar on the industry including blackmail, extortion, theft and sewer marketing tactics asking them to investigate and restore order.

• https://lowendbox.com/blog/black-friday-umaxhosting-1gb-ram-vps-for-7-year-more-in-los-angeles-and-new-york/

Found some more reviews at the bottom

also found https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152834/umaxhosting-com-avoid-them/p1

Anyone who represents them on LET? Maybe they can chime in on these threads

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited December 2018

UMadHosting

The only ColoCrossing provider that doesnt suck is most likely VirMach

Thanked by 1eol
  • My recommendation would be to treat unknown providers who advertise on LEB as guilty until proven innocent, no matter how enticing their pricing may be.

@JohnMiller92 said:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/black-friday-umaxhosting-1gb-ram-vps-for-7-year-more-in-los-angeles-and-new-york/

Found some more reviews at the bottom

also found https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152834/umaxhosting-com-avoid-them/p1

Anyone who represents them on LET? Maybe they can chime in on these threads

Pretty obvious funny business is afoot when a brand with no history is getting black friday offers posted.

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

Well, it's a quickie way to earn some dough for the December/January holiday season.

I don't blame them for pulling off such tricks. I blame only those who are beep enough to fall for such tricks.

We need to alter the world. Vote f0r Fran in 2020.

Thanked by 2Francisco uxtvdl
  • It has to be the same guy running all these hosts

I recommend this provider. I host at their cheapest offer. But has several downtime in a week. Will observe more.

??

Thanked by 1eol
  • @vovler said:

UMadHosting

The only ColoCrossing provider that doesnt suck is most likely VirMach

Is that an endorsement?

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited December 2018

@gol3m said:

I recommend this provider. I host at their cheapest offer. But has several downtime in a week. Will observe more.

??

lmao good catch. wtf..

Thanked by 2eol gol3m

I dunno why people would be surprised it's so oversold.

They're making $5/year on a 1GB RAM OVZ after fees, and they have to pay for hardware. Again, assuming @jbiloh was being excessively friendly and leased them the E5 for just $100/month, they have to put 260 plans on that node, just to cover costs. On a 4 disk RAID 10.

Francisco

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • gksgks Member
    edited December 2018

@Francisco said:
    I dunno why people would be surprised it's so oversold.

They're making $5/year on a 1GB RAM OVZ after fees, and they have to pay for hardware. Again, assuming @jbiloh was being excessively friendly and leased them the E5 for just $100/month, they have to put 260 plans on that node, just to cover costs. On a 4 disk RAID 10.

Francisco

I understand the fact that providers do their best to market to acquire customers, do their best to give offers and spend their time to solve problems, it is a business. We do value their time and concerns.

The point is, we buy for 7 usd, it should work for 7 USD at least whatever slow the performance. I can confirm that hiformance keep their system up for me, except they don't reply to ticket. The one VPS from umax one is not reachable for long days. What is expected here is at least an inconvenience sort of email from providers explaining so and so reason. When we write email/raise ticket, someone there to send a reply to think positive about them.

Mine is auto-pilot data simulation engine, once installed, it just generate few feeds about 10-20 MB of data every day, report to main station. Once I setup, I don't even login to their machine, so I don't expect higher speed/ram/hdd. My expectation with low budget VPS by provider is very low, but as a human, we need a response. As a customer, I get more value for the given money for my applications.

Here is output from one VPS from Umax

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2400.074 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 30.0 GB (0.6 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 1024 MB (87 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1024 MB (34 MB Used)
    System uptime : 16 days, 11 hour 30 min
    Load average : 0.02, 0.04, 0.00
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab130.1

I/O speed(1st run) : 55.4 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 113 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 134 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 100.8 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 11.9MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 9.61MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 9.03MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 10.2MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 9.09MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 11.9MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 11.1MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 11.1MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 7.68MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 9.51MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 7.97MB/s

The other UMAX VPS, I am trying to reach since 2 weeks.

Here Hiformance, very good one, I re-installed OS 3 weeks ago, waiting to deploy new build soon this week.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 2666.841 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 20.0 GB (1.3 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 4096 MB (234 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1024 MB (156 MB Used)
    System uptime : 24 days, 12 hour 5 min
    Load average : 0.40, 0.13, 0.04
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab134.3

I/O speed(1st run) : 198 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 198 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 664 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 353.3 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 81.6MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 10.7MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 7.08MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 8.40MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 8.21MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 12.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 62.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 67.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 7.48MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 10.6MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 12.8MB/s

The other Hiformance vps is not reachable at this moment for few days.

• gksgks Member
    edited December 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    No doubt yet another ColoCrossing puppet host.

Today I am learning that many providers do use ColoCrossing for their service, so buying from 1 trust worthy hosts like VirMach for ColoCrossing location is good, instead of dealing with 10+ providers for ColoCrossing network.

edited December 2018

gks said: CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz

They lied to you anyway, since they stated it was E3's and the likes for OVZ, and E5's for KVM's.

You're right, you should get what you paid for, but you sorta did. You paid peanuts, and now you got an Oh Henry like turd to deal with.

They've already admitted to OOM issues which means the nodes seriously oversold. It's expected though, there's no way the guy can cover the cost of the service.

Here's the thing, as a host your first offers can't be a bunch of Summer Host specials and then push the prices up after that. No, people will just wait out in hopes the host drops their pants again and get in on whatever cheap offer is there.

Even if they got sweetheart signup deals, they have to try to make some profit otherwise they have to deal with a massive queue of tickets and make...nothing.

I warned people heavily back in the day when we were colocating in Buffalo. No one needs 30 vm's from different providers on the same network, especially when the DC themselves are competing with their own users. It's all a crap shoot.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Chuck Wolf coreflux
  • From personal experience the E5620 has roughly half of the perfomance of an E3.

@eol said:
    From personal experience the E5620 has roughly half of the perfomance of an E3.

E5620's are pretty common to find on CC hosts. They're popular if you need a lot of RAM on the cheap. I'm sure A 5620 w/ 72GB RAM is going to be a fair bit cheaper than a E3 w/ 64GB RAM.

Francisco

• I would think so, too.

• @alilet said:

@deank said:

Aren't both LET and LEB owned by ColoCrossing? (don't know much about both but this is the impression I got)

@alilet said:

@deank said:

Yep. CC Own LET and LET. Incero owns HostBalls. Spread the word.

Thanked by 3alilet Aidan imok
  • i am waiting to take over Ho-ost.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @Ho-ost said:
    Yep. CC Own LET and LEB.

• @ehab said:
    i am waiting to take over Ho-ost.

$7

Thanked by 2ehab eol