Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - PART 3 - The final chapter! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - PART 3 - The final chapter!

2»

Comments

• Was so impressed with the performance of the small OpenVZ boxes I had picked up I had to pick up this storage deal too in favor of the Contabo VPS. Thanks @AnthonySmith!

silverdawn said: the retrieved > clouvider ip 185.42.223.1 for the NVMe units did not warrant the latency I hoped to see
    could you please provide a looking glass for the SSD cached ones?
    thx

http://lg.clouvider.net/

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • yeah that is what I meant and tested - i see you are implying it is all the same clouvider DC

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

silverdawn said: i see you are implying it is all the same clouvider DC

It is the same dc.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@silverdawn said:

the retrieved clouvider ip 185.42.223.1 for the NVMe units did not warrant the latency I hoped to see
    could you please provide a looking glass for the SSD cached ones?
    thx

Feel free to PM the traceroute or preferably an MTR along with your public IP - if this can have physically improved - we will.

Thanked by 1Xei

Just balancing up some over provisioning issues today for the UK OpenVZ, the speed of the orders created a bit of an imbalance impacting performance and I am allocating additional hardware to resolving the issue, the good news being that I will be able to open up UK VZ orders again for a bit for those that missed out.

• Please just say when! ;-)

by 18:00 today at the latest but aiming for 14:00 (UK Time)

Thanked by 1beagle
  • Heh, just moved my stuff over. Was afraid it got suspended for abuse due to the large database import (~ 1 GB), but thankfully it's just being migrated.

@solaire said:
    Heh, just moved my stuff over. Was afraid it got suspended for abuse due to the large database import (~ 1 GB), but thankfully it's just being migrated.

Yep, announcement on the client area, just a big error in provisioning, in short 1 node was massively oversold 1 was massively undersold I only picked up on it this morning, performance should improve now.

Thanked by 1solaire
  • AnthonySmith said: Yep, announcement on the client area, just a big error in provisioning, in short 1 node was massively oversold 1 was massively undersold I only picked up on it this morning, performance should improve now.

Guess I missed the announcement. No worries, though, happy that both my OpenVZ boxes are now on different nodes.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Next LET drama caused by misquoting the above... "Inception is oversold!" ;)

Thanked by 2ehab FrankZ

Mr_Tom said: Next LET drama caused by misquoting the above... "Inception is oversold!"

lol, no doubt.

beagle said: Please just say when! ;-)

when.

Thanked by 4beagle imok brueggus eol
  • @AnthonySmith said:

when.

Did the 2 GB and 4 GB go really quickly (within an hour), or did you only add stock for 512 MB?

Either way, any chance we'll see any more of those in the not-too-distant future?

andreipoe said: Did the 2 GB and 4 GB go really quickly (within an hour), or did you only add stock for 512 MB?

You are just looking at the wrong product group I think: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=22

• He may be looking at the promo page.

beagle said: He may be looking at the promo page.

Ah!

Thanks everyone it was a good year, I hope people got the sales they were looking for!

• @AnthonySmith: Those were a bunch of great offers, thank you for that!

• Finally grabbed a server.

So much ummming between the options and in the end I picked the wrong one facepalm

Thought I clicked the 25GB NVMe SSD but had actually clicked the KVM SSD Cached.

Lesson: Don't be an idiot and click purchase at 5:30am.

--

Surprised to see the cpu bench was slower than my Hosthatch server

KVM SSD 4 CPU

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores: 4
    Frequency: 2399.996 MHz
    RAM: 1.9G
    Swap: 255M
    Kernel: Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    11.003 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    24.122 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    6.558 seconds

Hosthatch 2 CPU

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores: 2
    Frequency: 2399.996 MHz
    RAM: 988Mi
    Swap: 2.0Gi
    Kernel: Linux 4.18.5-arch1-1-ARCH x86_64

3.158 seconds
    8.818 seconds
    *** WARNING : deprecated key derivation used.
    Using -iter or -pbkdf2 would be better.
    2.587 seconds

• @tarasis said: Surprised to see the cpu bench was slower than my Hosthatch server

Indeed, that's a puzzling difference. Do both have the flag AES passed through?

tarasis said: Thought I clicked the 25GB NVMe SSD but had actually clicked the KVM SSD Cached.

I can switch your packages, just pop a ticket in.

Regarding the test, I am not sure what the reason for that is, the CPU use on the E5 nodes is pretty low generally, obviously the 2 vs 4 is not relevant as that is a single thread test, perhaps they have theirs turbo'd up.

from the NVMe server (test VPS)

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores:    2
    Frequency:    3791.994 MHz
    RAM:          985M
    Swap:         255M
    Kernel:       Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64

Disks:
    vda     10G  HDD

2.444 seconds
        4.046 seconds
        0.833 seconds

So not quite sure how an old gen low clock single thread E5-2620 manages to even come close to a v6 uncontested E3-1270 on one of the tests but such is life....