Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BLACK FRIDAY] AlphaRacks.com - SSD KVM VPS, Shared/Resellers, OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR!!! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BLACK FRIDAY] AlphaRacks.com - SSD KVM VPS, Shared/Resellers, OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR!!!

Comments

• They still spam my email with their shitty offers after they suspended my account and didn't reply to tickets. I opened a PayPal dispute which they didn't even respond to because they knew they were in the wrong. A year later, they charged me again because somehow the processor they used managed to set up authorized payments. Anyway, I opened another dispute and, of course, no reply.
    Regardless, it's garbage service.

• miaumiau Member
    edited November 2018

Invoice #545406 is paid but the service is still not up. It is ovz package . halp?

• miau said: Invoice #545406 is paid but the service is still not up. It is ovz package . halp?

Already all taken care of earlier and answered your PM also :)

--

Our Cyber Monday sale is now launched BTW, which is more of a v2 version of our Black Friday sale (with improvements and with our new Hybrid Server offerings). If you haven't checked it out yet... I think it will be worth your time :) up to 98% OFF for life!

• My previous services with Alpharacks were okay, but THEY WILL NOT REMOVE YOU FROM THEIR MASS MAILING LIST EVEN IF YOU CLICK THE UNSUBSCRIBE LINK. I do not know it's intended or their system is buggy, but I had to set a filter to automatically route their mails directly to junk box after numerous failed attempts to unsubscribe.

Thanked by 2CyberMonday eol
  • @alpharacks said:

miau said: Invoice #545406 is paid but the service is still not up. It is ovz package . halp?

Already all taken care of earlier and answered your PM also :)

--

Our Cyber Monday sale is now launched BTW, which is more of a v2 version of our Black Friday sale (with improvements and with our new Hybrid Server offerings). If you haven't checked it out yet... I think it will be worth your time :) up to 98% OFF for life!

Ticket 163301 please. Thank you.

• I bit the bullet and ordered a 49c/year shared hosting, I just couldn't resist the chance to see how this goes.

Here's what my first experience was like. Ordering was simple, I used PayPal and paid with my balance, no delays in payment. Within minutes I got my email with the details. I logged into cPanel, and it was all in Chinese. Changing to English resolved that. Same with Softaculous.

Server stats:

I set up a test website at http://alpharack.dah85.com to check responsiveness, it's just a vanilla WP install.

Thanked by 2eol Sofia_K
  • Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited November 2018

Thank God I just didn't fall prey to Alpharacks cheap hosting black friday and cyber monday offers here! I did wanted to buy one hosting plan to try them out, but after viewing 70%+ negative reviews on various sites I held my decision to spend my $ on them! Just then their cyber monday offer appeared here! And I was again lured to buy a hosting plan from them. But instead I kept reading the threads and posts about their slow support, and slow loading sites. But I wanted a first-handing info as how the sites actually load at Alpharacks and was going to ask their customers on LET about the actual usage of their hosting services. Like CPU load, website loading speed etc before I try them out!

But thanks to @dahartigan for posting the screenshot and a alpharacks test website. I visited it and it was damn slow.. Googlebot will not wait to load such site and visit the inner pages at all :P . Its in fact slower than my last year's w**t hosting plan. It feels like its hosted on some Endurance server bought in 2001! At the point where Server load is minimum, disk is just 7%, memory is also 23% used the site should load blazing fast but its simply un-responsive and tard slow. Just think what will happen when they load this server with 10,000 $0.49/yr accounts and the history will repeat itself as it does EVERY YEAR.

Well thanks for saving my $ and I'll better go with some reputed LET provider than wasting my $ on AlphaRacks.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @Sofia_K said:
    Thank God I just didn't fall prey to Alpharacks cheap hosting black friday and cyber monday offers here! I did wanted to buy one hosting plan to try them out, but after viewing 70%+ negative reviews on various sites I held my decision to spend my $ on them! Just then their cyber monday offer appeared here! And I was again lured to buy a hosting plan from them. But instead I kept reading the threads and posts about their slow support, and slow loading sites. But I wanted a first-handing info as how the sites actually load at Alpharacks and was going to ask their customers on LET about the actual usage of their hosting services. Like CPU load, website loading speed etc before I try them out!

But thanks to @dahartigan for posting the screenshot and a alpharacks test website. I visited it and it was damn slow.. Googlebot will not wait to load such site and visit the inner pages at all :P . Its in fact slower than my last year's w**t hosting plan. It feels like its hosted on some Endurance server bought in 2001! At the point where Server load is minimum, disk is just 7%, memory is also 23% used the site should load blazing fast but its simply un-responsive and tard slow. Just think what will happen when they load this server with 10,000 $0.49/yr accounts and the history will repeat itself as it does EVERY YEAR.

Well thanks for saving my $ and I'll better go with some reputed LET provider than wasting my $ on AlphaRacks.

???? I'm clicking on @dahartigan 's link and it's pretty fast for me

• Yeah it works fine for me too. It's based in LA if that wasn't already clear. See how it is by this time next year, that's the real test. For 49c it's unlikely to disappoint me too much, let's be serious..

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited November 2018

@emilio911 said:

5.27 sec full load time, waiting 700ms for me at my home.
    Normally my ramnode with same theme test site has <1 sec full load time, 280 ms waiting.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2018

@Sofia_K said:

@emilio911 said:

2.8 sec full load time, waiting 700ms for me at my home.
    Normally my ramnode with same theme test site has <1 sec full load time, 280 ms waiting.

What's your location? What's your ramnode server location? We know this one is LA.

The server is basically virgin right now, I can't reasonably see why it would be running so slow unless it comes down to storage type or network?

Edit: looking back over your posts I think I'll just stop replying now, you seem insatiable and like a dog with a bone on specific details :p

Thanked by 1emilio911
  • @dahartigan said:

Your site is on Apache server!!
    Alpharacks advertised it as Litespeed!

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Sofia_K said:

@dahartigan said:

Your site is on Apache server!!
    Alpharacks advertised it as Litespeed!

$ curl -I http://alpharack.dah85.com/
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 06:07:44 GMT
    Server: Apache

Thanked by 2eol Sofia_K
  • @donli right! It's showing Apache and not Litespeed as advertised on their BF/Cyber Monday deals page. So AlphaRacks seems to misguide the customers?

• Perhaps @alpharacks could look into this?

• Could be that they're just hiding the actual server software for exploit reasons... I'm missing the Apache version, so it's definitely modified.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Still looking for the "OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR"

Or I guess that was intentional click-bait...

• I ordered the $0.49 shared hosting and it has issues with PHP. Throws 503 Service Unavailable on every script. Other files work fine.

I have opened a ticket, but of course got no response. Waste of time.

• Sofia_K said: 5.27 sec full load time, waiting 700ms for me at my home.

Your internet must be terrible then.

it runs super fast over-here.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited November 2018

$ curl -I https://www.microsoft.com
    HTTP/2 200
    server: Apache

Thanked by 3eol dahartigan nulldev
  • @saibal said:
    $ curl -I https://www.microsoft.com
    HTTP/2 200
    server: Apache

LOL.
    NIce one.

• I have purchased a master reseller from AlphaRacks.com 1 week ago, but as I used for 1 week, it seems very unreliable hosting service. My websites were unable to access from various country. I/O was 1 MB per account and it was always full when certainly there is no visitor at all.

So, I decided to move on and asked for the refund, but from that day, no response at all.
    So I had forcefully brought the matter here since I purchased after seeing the offer here.

https://prnt.sc/lop8qo

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @SonicRiff said:

@AnotherBox said:
    Not recommended.
    Cancelled the service, but they charged me. Opened a ticket and Paypal dispute.
    1Gbps port is still 100Mbit. Not stable uptime.

Same for me. Cancelled the service few months ago but the charged me via Paypal again yesterday. Opened a ticket and the support said: "this is not refundable". I don't recommend AlphaRacks.

Made an account to say this is happening to me too. Canceled service a year ago and got charged again on my PayPal this year. Opened a ticket to dispute this and got denied refund. The CS rep doesn't seem to understand I was being charged for a service I don't have, and keeps saying I can only get refunded within 3 days.

Lesson learned here is don't do business with Alpharacks.

• @kurorion said:

Made an account to say this is happening to me too. Canceled service a year ago and got charged again on my PayPal this year. Opened a ticket to dispute this and got denied refund. The CS rep doesn't seem to understand I was being charged for a service I don't have, and keeps saying I can only get refunded within 3 days.

Contact Paypal about that. Then go through your Paypal settings and disable any
    Paypal "subscriptions" you have that you didn't realize you had.

• @donli said:

@kurorion said:

Contact Paypal about that. Then go through your Paypal settings and disable any
    Paypal "subscriptions" you have that you didn't realize you had.

Yup that's my plan. I just wanted to give them a chance to fix this before I get PayPal involved. I have already canceled any recurring payments I had in PayPal.

• "We have changed, give us another chance." go do something else @alpharacks you cant do hosting right

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2018

@kurorion said:
    The CS rep doesn't seem to understand I was being charged for a service I don't have, and keeps saying I can only get refunded within 3 days.

You sure that you were 'charged', not had a recurring payment that automagically (without AR doing anything) send your money to AlphaRacks? They are (not, kinda, depends how you look at it) at any fault here - it's your PayPal and yours settings, why you don't blame PayPal? If AR have to pay some fees for refunds (there are fees, right?) because you forget to cancel your subscription - why?
    Also another question - why didn't you get refunded within 3 days, you waited more after paypal sent them money?

• @JabJab said:

You sure that you were 'charged', not had a recurring payment that automagically (without AR doing anything) send your money to AlphaRacks? They are (not, kinda, depends how you look at it) at any fault here - it's your PayPal and yours settings, why you don't blame PayPal? If AR have to pay some fees for refunds (there are fees, right?) because you forget to cancel your subscription - why?

Why is it up to me to cancel the PayPal subscription? I didn't even realize this is something they have setup on my PayPal until I have been charged a second time.

I didn't have to manually setup the subscription when I signed up for their service. So their billing should have canceled the PayPal subscription when I canceled my service with them. This is how things are expected to work in general.

And why would this be PayPal's fault? How would they know if AlphaRacks doesn't inform them to cancel a subscription?

Also another question - why didn't you get refunded within 3 days, you waited more after paypal sent them money?

I opened the ticket on the same day the payment went through on my PayPal. But like I said, the CS rep doesn't seem to understand the situation. He keeps thinking I'm trying to get a refund on the service I signed up and canceled a year ago. Response time is also abysmal at the moment due to BF.

• @kurorion said:
    I didn't even realize this is something they have setup on my PayPal until I have been charged a second time.

They don't have access to your PayPal to do that, you did it first time paying - some of the hosts use that as default (and you went too fast clicking Next, Next) some of the hosts gives you an option to "One time pay" or "Subscribe".
    Why the most popular software for billing panels act like that and don't cancel all subscriptions when you don't have any more services - no idea, probably lazy.

I opened the ticket on the same day the payment went through on my PayPal.

Hmmm, maybe I didn't read in first post that you did that within theirs TOS 3 days. Then grind them even more and I guess dispute that on paypal.

• bloodyprincebloodyprince Member
    edited December 2018

@alpharacks, I paid my invoice and it's been showing unpaid. Opened a ticket and no one replied. It's been more than 24 hours. Where is your 24/7 support?