Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[ReThinkVPS] 30GB | 512MB | Unmetered 1Gb/s | $5.56 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[ReThinkVPS] 30GB | 512MB | Unmetered 1Gb/s | $5.56

2»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

In the title I never wrote 512MB guaranteed, so the assumption that it was guaranteed is making it false advertising?

It is a reasonable expectation and an accepted practice of this forum (and even for the non-sleazy portion of ads on WHT), that if a single number for RAM is stated, it will be the guaranteed RAM, not burstable. I see there are multiple problems with your ad and instead of apologizing and correcting, you try to "fight back" and argue that everyone is wrong and only you is right, this is not going to work well for you.

• datakodatako Member
    edited July 2013

@rethinkvps said:
    We are unmetered we have flexible limits in place to protect our customers from VPSs saturating the node.

I'm not jumping on the band wagon. I checked this offer because it seemed appealing only to be filled with disappointment. If you took the word Unmetered out and put 5TB and put 128mb/512 burstable, you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Just get off your high horse and accept the fact that your ad was so full of flaws

• @rethinkvps unmetered with limits isnt unmetered as simple as that. Hope you fix this and learn!

• This is not unmetered, but you say it is unmetered, you there's no reason why shouldn't people tumbling about your title advertising.

• datakodatako Member

lol this thread reminds me of runawayhosts or whatever it was. You buy their VPS, they run!

Buy a rethinkvps and then you rethink about what you just bought! Hmm... it's not unmetered and it's only burstable ram... gah!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

You could tell that this offer is a scam! It says unmetered but this is a lie... 3GB is not unmetered, it is metered very well! And it is over prized, also, for 128MB, same time that in the title says 512 MB with no any "burst" mark ... Indeed, anyone who is going to buy, have to "rethink" choosing this VPS...

• @rethinkvps

Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!