Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CYBER MONDAY] AlphaRacks - 96% to 50% OFF on ALL products including Hybrid Servers & SSD KVM VPS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CYBER MONDAY] AlphaRacks - 96% to 50% OFF on ALL products including Hybrid Servers & SSD KVM VPS!

This Cyber Monday, enjoy the following unprecedented discounts brought to you by AlphaRacks:

• NEW! Hybrid Dedicated Servers (50% OFF)

CYBER MONDAY BONUSES for all "Hybrid Servers"

• 50% OFF using promo code “CYBER50
  • Prepay annually for any hybrid server plan and get 2 MONTHS FREE!
  • Substitute 100Mbps unmetered for 30TB/1Gbps at no extra charge!
  • Or upgrade to 1Gbps UNMETERED for just + $20/month! (UNBEATABLE!)

For example:

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 4x 2.00GHz
8GB RAM
500GB HDD
UNMETERED 100Mbps Bandwidth (or 30TB / 1Gbps)
/29 IPv4 Allocation - 5 Usable IPs
100 IPv6 Addresses (more for free upon request)
Los Angeles Datacenter
5Gbps DDoS Protection
$19/month
Order

Not looking for a Hybrid Server? No problem, we have other type of hosting solutions starting at just $0.49/YR!! No coupon code required for the below products as they are custom order links! Some of the below products are a repeat of our Black Friday offers however restocked for Cyber Monday freshly!

• Shared Hosting (98% OFF)
  • Master Reseller Hosting (94% OFF)
  • Linux VPS (86% OFF)
  • Windows VPS (67% OFF)
  • SSD KVM VPS (70% OFF)

View ALL Cyber Monday Promotions Here: https://www.alpharacks.com/CyberMonday2018/

All servers are located in Los Angeles, CA.
Network Information
Test IP 198.55.111.5
Test File 100MB

Thanked by 1raynor

Comments

• Best of lucky with the CM Sales! :smile:

If you had a bad experience with them in the past, just give them another chance. They're working hard to change.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • I've been hurt before.

Thanked by 3eol doughmanes taubin
  • I just ordered the Hybrid $19 server...we'll see how it goes.

• Foul said: Best of lucky with the CM Sales!

If you had a bad experience with them in the past, just give them another chance. They're working hard to change.

Thank you @Foul - we appreciate you!

acidpuke said: I just ordered the Hybrid $19 server...we'll see how it goes.

Activated and enjoy! :)

• Activation was super quick...Thank you

Other then that haven't been able to enjoy anything yet, looks to be a problem.

Windows 2012r2 is not responding to RDP, tried to reinstall a few times but no avail.

The end may be nigh?.....no I think it's got to be a simple fix I have a ticket open.

• Storage in Master Reseller is SSD?

• bad experience

• bad experience and the ddos protection is not enough. you can throw a nug @ it and it will go offline...

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited November 2018

Oh a new one. These guys lost the entire server i was on last year just after black Friday. After many weeks, they never could get a new instance working for me and refused any refund. I ended up doing a restore from my own backups to another host.

I suspect, but can't prove, it is done intentionally to cycle through customers and withhold their money.

You aren't just buying into a VPS with these guys. You are buying into an experience. Have fun with that :D

• alpharacksalpharacks Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks guys. 100% acknowledged and heard. I mentioned this earlier in our other successful Black Friday 2018 thread on here, but I’ll say it again as this is how I genuinely feel and what I really wish would communicate better. First, I am personally highly interested in making things right with anyone who may have had a negative experience with us in the past. I am always available by PM, and occasionally through the live chat on our website.

Secondly, I want to be the first to admit we have never been perfect. After all, who is? We are humans just like you after all, we learn from experience and learn as we go. By now, we’ve accumulated over 5+ years of experience in the VPS space and have gone through the good, the bad, and the ugly- which is why I think a lot of customers entrust AlphaRacks so much with their hosting needs today, because we know how to tailor a perfect client experience, and have gone through so much trial and error by now amounting to lots of priceless experience. That being said, by no means would I go as far to claim we are 100% perfect today, but I’d say we are pretty close with 42,000+ active/paying customers (which goes to show that we are doing something right as that figure is growing daily). :) And for the record, we are certainly no stranger to the community here either - in fact, we have been around the LEB community for well over 5 years and counting, and are one of the original LEB hosts that is STILL actively in business and growing even to this day. (and we've evolved to being much more than "just" a LEB provider)

We have certainly come a long way compared to the past, and we look forward to the bright future with you!

And because actions speak louder than words - not only have we completely improved the host node specifications that we now provision VPS and shared/reseller hosting customers on, but to indicate a positive change for AlphaRacks into the future, we released a new website today with new products & services added to our portfolio of hosting solutions.

You can read the press release announcement about that here. Or if reading fancy press releases isn't your cup of tea, just check out the site at https://www.alpharacks.com/ and comment your feedback on THIS thread as tomorrow we will be announcing 10 different winners for $25 account credit with AlphaRacks!

HAPPY CYBER MONDAY!! You guys are awesome.

• acidpuke said: Activation was super quick...Thank you
    Other then that haven't been able to enjoy anything yet, looks to be a problem.
    Windows 2012r2 is not responding to RDP, tried to reinstall a few times but no avail.
    The end may be nigh?.....no I think it's got to be a simple fix I have a ticket open.

Hi acidpuke, we got this all sorted out for you earlier this afternoon, pleased to say the end is not nigh!

WebGuru said: Storage in Master Reseller is SSD?

RAID10 HDD's with Caching.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2018

Hi Julian @alpharacks you seem to be interested in improving things, which is excellent to hear!

Also, any chance you could migrate the "RH-Starter (Promotion)" to this new fancy cPanel server you were talking about?

It would actually be good to see you succeed, if you can pull off low prices and decent performance then you'll make a lot more people happy. I'd like a reason to renew my yearlies next year, if you know what I mean :)

Edit: snipped out reference to a now resolved ticket

• i have opened a ticket regarding my invoice. ticket num #163301. would you please check it? thank you :smile:

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited November 2018

@alpharacks said:
    Thanks guys. 100% acknowledged and heard.... First, I am personally highly interested in making things right with anyone who may have had a negative experience with us in the past. I am always available by PM, and occasionally through the live chat on our website.

Really? When I responded to your PM on here after you suggested I was lying about having been a client, I sent you everything you need including ticket numbers.

Absolutely nothing came out of it. I would call that a whole lot of hot air. Kind of reminds of what happened to my VPS and my experience with your customer support the first time around.

@alpharacks said:
    by no means would I go as far to claim we are 100% perfect today, but I’d say we are pretty close with 42,000+ active/paying customers

Congrats, however having clients doesn't magically undo all the terrible experiences from people like me. Moreover a new website and changing some specs around isn't a way to correct the issues of the past - it's called business as usual. Want to change the narrative? Focus instead on resolving failing hardware and terrible customer service.

Everytime I see you trying to sell to people on here, I'll be right here warning people away. I don't want to see anyone lose money to you for a dead service ever again. Happy Cyber Monday!

• Very bad customer service. Order placed at Friday, was marked as fraud(!?), questions how much ssh for reseller was ignored. Fraud mark reason also is till unknown.

In 48h I can't get answer! @alpharacks it's normal? Instance activion in ad

• Definitely not instant, I'm waiting for 3 days already, after having paid on the spot and provided proof of payment...

• FoulFoul Member
    edited November 2018

aclase said: Very bad customer service. Order placed at Friday, was marked as fraud(!?), questions how much ssh for reseller was ignored. Fraud mark reason also is till unknown.

If it was marked as fraud, idk what else to tell ya bud. Give them patience to respond?

pepa65 said: Definitely not instant, I'm waiting for 3 days already, after having paid on the spot and provided proof of payment...

echeck payment?

• Credit card processed by 2checkout... They also make it really easy to pay double. And it seems they don't do good reporting to their clients (I mean Alpharacks). I think Paypal probably works better.

• pepa65 said: Credit card processed by 2checkout... They also make it really easy to pay double. And it seems they don't do good reporting to their clients (I mean Alpharacks). I think Paypal probably works better.

Did the billing system acknowledge the invoice as paid?

• Yes, got an email straight away from 2checkout. I don't understand why Alpharacks needs proof of payment from me...

• @Foul said:

aclase said: Very bad customer service. Order placed at Friday, was marked as fraud(!?), questions how much ssh for reseller was ignored. Fraud mark reason also is till unknown.

If it was marked as fraud, idk what else to tell ya bud. Give them patience to respond?

How much time it can take? now about 68h, I got answer that I can buy reseller ssh addon, but not how much it, not resolving of the fraud status. I really scare about clients, how quickly admins resolve problems.

• @SomeGlibAsshat wrote:

[...] over 5+ years of experience in the VPS space and have gone through the good, the bad, and the ugly- which is why I think a lot of customers entrust AlphaRacks so much with their hosting needs today, because we know how to tailor a perfect client experience [...]

Oy.. Ummmm. Hoo boy. Wow. Lulz.

Reminds me of a bit of (mildly) entertaining reading for anyone who can't smell this one from a mile away ... http://www5.csudh.edu/ccauthen/576f12/frankfurt__harry_-_on_bullshit.pdf

Thanked by 2angstrom DanSummer
  • Not recommended.
    Cancelled the service, but they charged me.
    1Gbps port is still 100Mbit. Not stable uptime.

• Heard a lot about their dead slow support and service activation, and look like its all true. Payment Invoice confirmed more then 11 Hours ago still no details of my Shared Plan Special#3. Invoice 542861.
    Submitted a ticket at same time but still not a single reply for them.
    God Bless your customers "including me".

• SonicRiffSonicRiff Member
    edited November 2018

@AnotherBox said:
    Not recommended.
    Cancelled the service, but they charged me.
    1Gbps port is still 100Mbit. Not stable uptime.

Same for me. Cancelled the service few months ago but they charged me via Paypal again yesterday. Opened a ticket and the support said: "this is not refundable". I don't recommend AlphaRacks.

Edit: can someone from AlphaRacks contact me here via PM ?

• Thank you everyone for the continued interest in working with AlphaRacks. We appreciate everyone's patience (we really do) during this busy time. We have NEVER seen such a large amount of demand/interest in any other previous year's sales, so this year is definitely one for the books. It wouldn't be possible without you guys - and for that, we thank you!

Update on several things to address issues mentioned by other users above:

Pending Activation Issues:

All accounts/orders have been activated at this time. We sold units across many different product offerings much faster than we had expected between Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions, and had to enable stock control on some packages to help mitigate this.

We are down to our FINAL hours of the sale and some packages are already out of stock at the time of this message. If you are still interested in grabbing anything, now is the time to do so.

AS OF NOW, Everything with the exception of Hybrid Servers should be instantly activated at this time. Due to the high interest on our new Hybrid Servers offering, we are working on getting additional hardware set up and should have these back to auto-setup by tonight.

Update on Billing:

We process our credit card payments through a payment merchant called 2CO. We have been made aware of some 2CO payments not automatically being marked as paid. Please note that 2CO manually approves every order prior to sending an "IPN PASS" to our billing system to talk to our system to tell it to mark the invoice as paid.

If your invoice is still marked unpaid, it could be due to one of two things, the first and second case being the most common:

1) It has not been more than 3-4 hours yet. 2CO can take up to 3-4 hours to approve a payment before it is even seen or released to our side.

2) After payment review, 2CO deemed your payment to be fraudulent (based on their checks) and refunded the payment due to high risk

3) This one is a rare one but we've seen it happen during busy events like this. 2CO's IPN server was overloaded at the time of the pass. While we do not see this happening much, it is possible due to the large amount of orders that we are processing every minute due to the BF/CM sales.

Please submit a support ticket to our billing team if you suspect #3 to be the case. We will help you get that sorted out ASAP.

That being said... if you are in a rush - pay using PayPal (and ensure your domain/hostname is more than 4 characters long)! That is a surefire way to ensure instant activation. If you must absolutely pay by Credit Card unfortunately you will need to wait a few hours for 2CO to approve your payment before it can be marked as paid in our system. This is a fully automated process.

Misc. Updates

We currently have hundreds of requests across our helpdesk queue due to the unprecedented demand of our Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. At this time, we are prioritizing technical support tickets as first priority. We want to make sure our existing customers are always taken care of at all times. Second priority is then sales/billing/admin related requests.

Some of our staff (myself included) have been working endlessly with extremely minimal sleep since Black Friday, and for that, I greatly commend them for doing so, as they certainly are not obligated to do so.

For any super urgent issues, PM me on here with the ticket number, and I'll get back to you same day. If not, I appreciate your understanding and patience while we prioritize things internally. We anticipate to have the support ticket queue back to normal conditions by the end this week when the Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales end.

THANK YOU for everyone's interest, patience, understanding and patronage! And for the new users - welcome to AlphaRacks!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Its almost 24 hrs since i paid thru 2CO, but it is not yet marked as paid. Asked for a refund and they replied me with "This is out of our control and is not possible util we have received the payment." So, where's my fund atm? Shouldnt you be able to double check the tranaactionwith 2CO in this case? What a let down.

• It's unprofessional - we have a lot of tickets, wait and maybe something happen. Write average time, when customers can get answers - 3,4,5 days - it's show ugly but it's true. Better - don't mark fraud orders or do refund manually after BF. Get nor personal for One week!

• Hybrid Servers are back in stock and instantly set up (for now)

I will be answering all PMs on LET later today so if anyone has an urgent issue please send me a PM with the ticket number. Also, our support staff are working tirelessly around the clock to answer tickets as best as we can - we're also prioritizing technical support related requests first before any sales/billing requests as we want to make sure our customers are always taken care of. Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding during this busy time. We have never seen such a large amount of demand/interest in any other sale we have done, not even in last year's Black Friday. So thank you for the support and for bearing with us throughout this busy week. We will 100% have the support ticket queue and response times under control again by the end of this week.

• @alpharacks I am really interested in your offers. They are definitely amazing. However I live in Italy, that's why I am interested in something in Southern Europe. Do you guys got there already? If not, I will be waiting for you someday!