Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - PART 2 - UPDATED
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - PART 2 - UPDATED

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2018 in Offers

Starting a new thread as many of the offers are probably lost in the pages of the old thread opened Thursday night.

Currently available offers: at https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html

• BIG STORAGE KVM
  • SHARED HOSTING
  • PURE NVME SSD KVM
  • PURE NVME SSD OPENVZ
  • SSD CACHED KVM
  • SSD CACHED OPENVZ

Additionally the 8GB NVMe offer is available here: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=192 for €96.00 p/year!

Thanked by 1scorcher9

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Despite what the NVMe offers say everything is currently on instant provisioning for the time being.

• Thanks Ant.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith could you PM me, i'm having some problems with my service ID 19431
    or contact me on Discord at Flaappy#1337

edited November 2018

deathlife23 said: @AnthonySmith could you PM me, i'm having some problems with my service ID 19431
    or contact me on Discord at Flaappy#1337

Does the first part of your VPS details email answer the question you have?

i.e.

--
    PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL.

We are pleased to tell you that the virtual server you ordered has now been set up and is operational, you do need to login to the control panel and install an operating system before it can be accessed.

--

If not please open a ticket, there is a secure and dedicated ticket system that should always be first choice over discord!

• Hahaha Ant,

You will not get out from under the "What does 'No Boot Media' mean" tickets. Just setup a hook to install Ubuntu 14, and call it a day.

CyberMonday said: Hahaha Ant,

You will not get out from under the "What does 'No Boot Media' mean" tickets. Just setup a hook to install Ubuntu 14, and call it a day.

Well, I guess its not obvious, I am working on making it more obvious.

• Sorry, i didn't read the email first

deathlife23 said: Sorry, i didn't read the email first

No worries, 99 out of 100 people don't, I am working on making it easier and more obvious.

• @AnthonySmith said: Currently available offers:

Interesting that the shared hosting sold out. (If I remember well, this wasn't the case a year ago.)

• @deathlife23 said:
    Sorry, i didn't read the email first

Writing is more blessed than reading.

• @eol said:

@deathlife23 said:
    Sorry, i didn't read the email first

Writing is more blessed than reading.

Good luck with your perception.

Thanked by 1eol

angstrom said: Interesting that the shared hosting sold out. (If I remember well, this wasn't the case a year ago.)

It was not very popular, in reality it is not SOLD out but as a better offer is coming tomorrow for the shared I thought I would put it out of stock for now as anyone interested will probably want that deal instead.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @AnthonySmith Still waiting from you similar offer like USA 2GB OpenVZ in Europe.

davi said: @AnthonySmith Still waiting from you similar offer like USA 2GB OpenVZ in Europe.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Just curious. The sign up email says

You are completely responsible for your own data and backups, in the event of a server failure or data loss your data will not be restored for you.

But the offer says automatic daily backup. Presume it's just there to say don't rely on them backups ?

• @exussum said:
    Just curious. The sign up email says

You are completely responsible for your own data and backups, in the event of a server failure or data loss your data will not be restored for you.

But the offer says automatic daily backup. Presume it's just there to say don't rely on them backups ?

Pretty much.

edited November 2018

exussum said: Just curious. The sign up email says

I have updated the email template a little as someone else asked that today.

In a nut shell; I do the backups for disaster recovery so in the event of a raid failure or some other data loss that is beyond the customers control, I can restore it quickly.

They are not done for when someone runs a script they found online and it destroys their OS or because they got hacked etc they are also not there as a snapshot.

I am not heartless though, if someone is genuinely desperate I will do a restore but it may be far from my top priority depending on the day.

To be completely open and transparent, before offering NVMe services I had a lot of experience with regular SSD's wearing out and they don't go out like spinners they can fail pretty silently.

So from day 1 with NVMe I wanted to be completely confident that I was not going to end up routinely being in danger of loosing customer data every 12 - 18 months.

I have to say in hind sight adding an extra local storage array to each server for 'just in case' may have been overkill but the model works for me now and I do not plan to change it and these Samsung pro's are on another level compared to the older gen sata SSD's

New shared hosting deal up, click the image to order:

• @AnthonySmith said:

Is Disk Space SSD or regular hard drive storage?

• @AnthonySmith said:

600 gb data transfer of 5.000 gb?

Droid said: Is Disk Space SSD or regular hard drive storage?

SSD Cached, however I intend to move the entire shared hosting platform to pure NVMe within the next month or so.

Azenot said: 600 gb data transfer of 5.000 gb?

Sorry, I was adapting a product and obviously missed that, it is 600GB.

And the next one, had some UK none renewals from last year.

@davi

Thanked by 1davi
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    And the next one, had some UK none renewals from last year.

@davi

Why do I feel like I'm the only one that laughs when I read your coupon codes, Ant? "BFUK..." :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Is it possible to install and use OpenVPN on the OVZ plans?

3606202 said: Is it possible to install and use OpenVPN on the OVZ plans?

yup

Thanked by 13606202
  • @3606202 said:
    Is it possible to install and use OpenVPN on the OVZ plans?

Yes, works like a charm.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith 3606202
  • @AnthonySmith
    Hi Anthony I have been looking forward to getting a storage VPS from you but have not bit the bullet yet. I just have another question. Is there any sort of bandwidth speed guarantee? Thanks a lot!

Hi Anthony I have been looking forward to getting a storage VPS from you but have not bit the bullet yet. I just have another question. Is there any sort of bandwidth speed guarantee? Thanks a lot!

No, however with the limited amount of customers per server and 0 tolerance for torrents I would not anticipate there being an issue unless you plan to be using it to do hourly 500GB backups :)

Thanked by 1ADM55
  • Ahh ok thanks is for that. Price is not too bad for the normal price but with the Black Friday deal it is a steal. I might just treat myself to one.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

What are people’s opinions about ridiculous none recurring deals such as €3 for the first 3 months on a 1GB NVMe KVM then regular pricing (€7.50 p/3months) after that?

Just an example package, just wanting feedback and more ideas for tomorrow.