Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2018 - Storage and NVMe deals (Oslo, Vienna, NY, AMS, STO, LAX)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2018 - Storage and NVMe deals (Oslo, Vienna, NY, AMS, STO, LAX)

hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hi guys,

We have the following deals available for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. These will expire on 1st December but some of them may go out of stock earlier.

Note: Amsterdam storage is pre-order only, and servers will be delivered on 1st January. New orders will be closed on 1st December. The order URLs are configured to expire automatically and we will not be extending them. Some deals may expire earlier depending on availability.

Storage deals (note: these are non-oversold KVM storage servers with SSD caching, please do not compare these with OpenVZ deals, thank you)

1 CPU core
0.7 GB RAM
750 GB storage
2 TB bandwidth
$35 per year

Stockholm - (delivery in 24h) -- Los Angeles - (delivery in 1 week) -- Amsterdam (Delivery 1st January)

1 CPU core
1 GB RAM
1 TB storage
3 TB bandwidth
$48 per year

Stockholm (delivery in 24h) -- Los Angeles (delivery in 1 week) -- Amsterdam (Delivery 1st January)

2 CPU cores
1.5 GB RAM
1.5 TB storage
4 TB bandwidth
$60 per year

Stockholm (delivery in 24h) -- Los Angeles (delivery in 1 week) -- Amsterdam (Delivery 1st January)

2 CPU cores
2 GB RAM
2 TB storage
6 TB bandwidth
$72 per year

2 CPU cores 
2.5 GB RAM
2.5 TB storage
6 TB bandwidth
$84 per year

NVMe deals in Oslo, Vienna, New York (new locations!) — (please remember, good NVMe storage is generally 2-3x more expensive to build out than traditional SSD storage when comparing) :)

1 GB NVMe (very limited quantity)
1 CPU core (12.5% dedicated, burstable up to 100%)
1 GB RAM
10 GB RAID-10 NVMe
1 TB bandwidth
$16 per year

Oslo (delivery in 24h) - Vienna (delivery in 24h) - NY (delivery in 1 week)

2 GB NVMe
2 CPU core (25% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
2 GB RAM
20 GB RAID-10 NVMe
2 TB bandwidth
$30 per year

Oslo (delivery in 24h) - Vienna (delivery in 24h) - NY (delivery in 1 week)

4 GB NVMe 
2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
4 GB RAM 
30 GB RAID-10 NVMe
3 TB bandwidth
$50 per year

Oslo (delivery in 24h) -- Vienna (delivery in 24h) -- NY (delivery in 1 week)

6 GB NVMe
3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
6 GB RAM
40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
4 TB bandwidth
$70 per year

Oslo (delivery in 24h) -- Vienna (delivery in 24h) -- NY (delivery in 1 week)

Note: you can generally use all of your CPU as much as you need, I can count on my hands the number of times we’ve had to limit customers in the past few months, but if you are expecting to constantly abuse, you will get throttled to your dedicated limit.

Please understand that these deals are very highly discounted and support for them will be limited and slow. Please keep this in mind before signing up.

You can see our datacenters at https://hosthatch.com/features. You will find that most of these datacenters are -very- expensive and top-quality, compared to what most hosts use at this price level. Please do take a moment to compare the quality of these datacenters with your current host. We own and operate all of our hardware.

Thank you and we look forward to having you onboard!

Feel free to suggest if you want to see a particular deal in the next few days (unlikely that it will be possible considering what some people expect but I'll see what I can do) :)

Comments

• What is the CPU in New York? Do you have a New York IP for testing?

Thanks for the promotion.

Thanked by 1zx784523
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@EHRA said:
    What is the CPU in New York? Do you have a New York IP for testing?

E5-2690v2's / E5-2680v2's - the test IPs are at hosthatch.com/features :)

Thanked by 1EHRA
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2018

@Abdullah if you purchased the $5.00 / month deal in Stockholm previously, is it possible to change it to the yearly cost of $48.00/year or are you stuck doing monthly payments there?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers!

• Hi, do you offer anything like directadmin, plesk or cpanel license? :)

• Abdullah said: the test IPs are at hosthatch.com/features

Not for New York, see: http://lg.ny.hosthatch.com/

edited November 2018

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @Abdullah if you purchased the $5.00 / month deal in Stockholm previously, is it possible to change it to the yearly cost of $48.00/year or are you stuck doing monthly payments there?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers!

Please open a ticket mentioning your comment and I will take care of it.

@FoxelVox said:
    Hi, do you offer anything like directadmin, plesk or cpanel license? :)

We do not offer any panels.

@EHRA said:

Not for New York, see: http://lg.ny.hosthatch.com/

Oslo, Vienna and NY LGs are not up - but you can ping them and download test files (also, if you see better performance from any other provider in these locations, please send me an email with traceroutes (abdullah@hosthatch) and I'll do my best to make sure you see better from us instead)

Thanked by 1EHRA
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

What CPUs are used for the Oslo and Vienna NVMe hosts?

edited November 2018

@MasonR said:
    What CPUs are used for the Oslo and Vienna NVMe hosts?

Same as everywhere else, we run the same/similar setups across all our locations (E5-2690v2 and 2680v2)

Thanked by 2MasonR simlev
  • Thanks @Abdullah. That was the one offer I was waiting for this BF. Ordered the 2.5TB storage server.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Abdullah said: 2 CPU cores 1.5 GB RAM 1.5 TB storage 4 TB bandwidth $60 per year

Order page says 1 core, what is correct?
    @Abdullah

@notFrecyboy said:

Abdullah said: 2 CPU cores 1.5 GB RAM 1.5 TB storage 4 TB bandwidth $60 per year

Order page says 1 core, what is correct?
    @Abdullah

All the plans are as on this post - if there is a mismatch, the one on LET will be honored

Thanked by 1notFrecyboy
  • vintervinter Member
    edited November 2018

Sweet 2.5TB deal, no brainer for me, more than happy with my other servers from them :) Kinda thinking about getting one of those NVMe offers too - rip my wallet. Any chance for NVMe deals in Stockholm?

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Hi @Abdullah
    Is there any redundancy on the disks? Read/write speeds?

• @Abdullah The storage deals are recurring?

@tracker47 said:
    Hi @Abdullah
    Is there any redundancy on the disks? Read/write speeds?

RAID-10 for NVMes, RAID-50 for Storage

@mhubud said:
    @Abdullah The storage deals are recurring?

All deals are recurring

• If anyone is hesitating about these deals, I have had a 1.5TB storage KVM in LA for the past year and have been very happy using it to store backups from a BHS KS. Network and HDD speeds have been excellent for backups. This is the same $/TB as the elusive SYS Arm dedis, but with shared fast cores instead of dedicated slow cores. I'm tired of dealing with OVZ storage; KVM or dedi is where it's at.

I've picked up a 2.5TB to replace the 1.5TB; this is good stuff.

If I recall correctly, the storage servers run RAID6 on spinners with SSD caching.

Thanked by 2hosthatch vimalware
  • @seanho said:
    If anyone is hesitating about these deals, I have had a 1.5TB storage KVM in LA for the past year and have been very happy using it to store backups from a BHS KS. Network and HDD speeds have been excellent for backups. This is the same $/TB as the elusive SYS Arm dedis, but with shared fast cores instead of dedicated slow cores. I'm tired of dealing with OVZ storage; KVM or dedi is where it's at.

I've picked up a 2.5TB to replace the 1.5TB; this is good stuff.

If I recall correctly, the storage servers run RAID6 on spinners with SSD caching.

Indeed good stuff. Another happy customer of a 1.5TB storage in Amsterdam. Very snappy server.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Nice deals @Abdullah .

Got both the storage and the NVMe. RIP my wallet.

Thanked by 2hosthatch deluxe
  • very reliable provider and great deal! just placed a 750G storage vps order. Hurry up!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • I have a 1.5TB storage in Los Angeles from earlier BF. Bandwidth has been fine to some locations, was slow in the past to some other locations but I haven't checked recently so it might have been a temporary issue (I didn't worry about it too much since the problem locations weren't important). I'm still happy with it. @Abdullah can I pay the difference and upgrade to 2TB or 2.5TB?

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah

Is IPv6 available in Oslo?

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • BBTNBBTN Member
    edited November 2018

@Abdullah nice deals, thanks! I'm thinking about Vienna right now! - Amongst others I've got last years BF storage deal in Amsterdam for €60/yr. Would it be possible to upgrade it to the specs mentioned above or do I have to cancel and rebuy?
    Thank you in advance for a reply!
    ps. "NVMe .5 GB" in Oslo and Vienna would be really tempting! :D

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • The storage deal was a true BF.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Just to be sure, 100% dedicated means I'm allowed to max them out constantly right?

@willie said:
    I have a 1.5TB storage in Los Angeles from earlier BF. Bandwidth has been fine to some locations, was slow in the past to some other locations but I haven't checked recently so it might have been a temporary issue (I didn't worry about it too much since the problem locations weren't important). I'm still happy with it. @Abdullah can I pay the difference and upgrade to 2TB or 2.5TB?

These deals are separated from the last year ones so it won't be possible unfortunately. Do you mind sending me some traces if you still see the issue? The network in LA will become way better after March - comparable to our other locations.

@null_ptr said:
    @Abdullah

Is IPv6 available in Oslo?

Yes

@BBTN said:
    @Abdullah nice deals, thanks! I'm thinking about Vienna right now! - Amongst others I've got last years BF storage deal in Amsterdam for €60/yr. Would it be possible to upgrade it to the specs mentioned above or do I have to cancel and rebuy?
    Thank you in advance for a reply!
    ps. "NVMe .5 GB" in Oslo and Vienna would be really tempting! :D

You'll have to cancel and re-buy I'm afraid.

This is already the .5 GB deal upgraded to 2x space and 2x RAM - we're not doing anything cheaper and this is the deal that will likely go out of stock first

@aeba said:
    Just to be sure, 100% dedicated means I'm allowed to max them out constantly right?

100% = 1 dedicated core

Thanked by 3aeba null_ptr BBTN
  • Is there a way to get the 2.5tb storage vps in AMS earlier than january? :-)

Obviously I purchased one, but it's such a long time until new year without a server :blush:

• Can we use our own custom os?

• I bought fro them 3 weeks ago 2 NVMe VPS, good stuff.
    i wish i could have waited :(

• The deals are nice, I've never felt comfortable with shared storage or I would jump on it.

edited November 2018

@Komplanar said:
    Is there a way to get the 2.5tb storage vps in AMS earlier than january? :-)

Obviously I purchased one, but it's such a long time until new year without a server :blush:

Jan 1st is the earliest we can do for AMS storage, maybe a few days earlier but I can't promise this

@Leftright said:
    Can we use our own custom os?

Yes, after the server is created, you can upload your own ISO

We're above 50% sold out on Los Angeles storage. It will likely go out of stock in the next few hours.