Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday Specials | Daily KVM Prizes | 8 Locations | NVMe SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday Specials | Daily KVM Prizes | 8 Locations | NVMe SSD

HostDocHostDoc Member
edited November 2018 in Offers

Black Friday Blowout

Our Black Friday Offers officially began yesterday (20th November - 27th November) and we are pleased to once again introduce special plans created only for this week long event.
We have free web hosting with slected purchases available, 50% off storage plans as well as 20% off across the majority of our hosting range.
1,2,3,6 and 10GB RAM KVM plans. Shared NVMe SSD plans all under £6 per year and, to spice things up, a daily Medium USA KVM VPS giveaway each day free.

Our Black Friday offers kick off with a generous 20% off all of our existing plans.
Use code "BF20CM" at checkout.

Our storage plans located in USA have a huge 50% off this BF.
Use code "STORE50BF".

Free Medium KVM VPS

We are giving away a total of 7 free Medium VPS in Dallas. The host specs are beastly running on Dual Intel Xeon Gold 6128 and a 10gbps uplink port.
The winners will either get a HDD or NVME version with spec's:
70GB HDD or  70GB NVMe SSD
1GB RAM
2GB Swap RAM
2vCores
1TB Bandwidth
10gbps Network Connection
1 IPv4
1 /64 IPv6

The winner will be drawn at the end of each business day from a pool of all purchases made that same day and will be notified via ticket. We request that winners also provide their facebook, twitter or LET account details so we may announce their winning's publicly also.
The prizes will be free for 3 months after which it can be renewed at 35% off regular price recurring for the life of the plan.
Our first winner has already been announced via twitter. Huge congrats to him.

Free NVMe Shared Hosting

Get free Web hosting with every purchase of either of our Recovery storage plans currently with 50% off during black friday, or with any purchase of a 10GB Special in any location.
The free plan will be our Black Friday exclusive plan "Operation" which comes with:
10GB Storage
5TB Bandwidth
10 MariaDB Databases
5 Add On Domain's
15 Mailboxes
DDoS Mitigation
2GB RAM
2GB RAM Burst
10MB/s IO
80% Speed
NMVe SSD

2GB Yearly Specials

It has been a real challenge formulating exciting plans and offers for this black friday while keeping within a sustainable region and we believe we found a compromise in our 2GB RAM offerings.
50GB HDD
2048MB RAM
1024MB Swap
2 vCore
1 IPv4
1 /64 IPv6 (USA)
500GB Bandwidth (1gbps uplink - UK, Germany, Finland)
500GB Bandwidth (250mbps uplink - France, Canada)
100GB Bandwidth (250mbps uplink - Singapore, Australia)
500GB Bandwidth (10gbps uplink - USA)

Order UK - £24.99 Per Year ($31.95)
Order France - £24.99 Per Year ($31.95)
Order Finland - £24.99 Per Year ($31.95)
Order Germany - £24.99 Per Year(31.95)
Order Australia - £25.99 Per Year ($33.23)
Order Singapore - £26.99 Per Year ($34.51)
Order Canada - £26.99 Per Year ($34.51)
Order USA - £29.99 Per Year ($38.34)

We have resource pool special plans allowing creation in all 8 of our locations, various size monthly KVM VPS and the lowest priced shared hosting plans we have ever offered. Get them while available.

**We are now able to offer unmetered bandwidth upgrades in Singapore. Get in touch with our support team if needed.

Comments

• Dollars. Prices in USD pleaseeeee.

• @vimalware said:
    Dollars. Prices in USD pleaseeeee.

Apologies.
    Granted, it is also a policy to display USD prices also so let me get back in and if there is still editing time remaining, I will update them.

Thanks

• Is the discount recurring yearly?

• raistlin_mujoraistlin_mujo Member
    edited November 2018

Have a look.

• bst101bst101 Member
    edited November 2018

@scooke said:
    Is the discount recurring yearly?

+1 ... is the 2GB yearly special a recurring discount?

EDIT: I contacted support via live chat and they confirmed that "it is a recurring price for the life of the plan."

• PINGAPACPINGAPAC Member
    edited November 2018

@HostDoc For a server located in Singapore with an average traffic of 60TB per month, most inbound to the server will be from France (OVH and Online.net seedboxes mostly) while the outgoing traffic from the server will be peerings through the SGIX ou Equinix SG towards Thailand public ISPs, will this be any issues to you?

PS: Hardly DMCA notices like, ever if at all.

• I do not find the option to select 15gb NvME for USA location (2GB Yearly Specials). How to select the NvME at the time of purchase?

• @PINGAPAC said:
    @HostDoc For a server located in Singapore with an average traffic of 60TB per month, most inbound to the server will be from France (OVH and Online.net seedboxes mostly) while the outgoing traffic from the server will be peerings through the SGIX ou Equinix SG towards Thailand public ISPs, will this be any issues to you?

It would be no problem at all so long as you are willing to pay for the unmetered BW and keep your usage fair share, there will be no issues at all.

DMCA notices are forwarded directly to you.

• @EHRA said:
    I do not find the option to select 15gb NvME for USA location (2GB Yearly Specials). How to select the NvME at the time of purchase?

Open a live chat for immediate assistance or open a ticket so we can get the correct storage to the plan. The order will be placed in pending status rather than auto provision for this exact reason so you can order and add it to the notes also.

• @HostDoc said:

@PINGAPAC said:

It would be no problem at all so long as you are willing to pay for the unmetered BW

Very unlikely.

• cygnicygni Member
    edited November 2018

Pay attention to the offer description, IPV6 is available only in U.S., if such matters. I am somewhat disappointed...

• @cygni said:
    Pay attention to the offer description, IPV6 is available only in U.S., if such matters. I am somewhat disappointed...

I am sorry. I hope an immediate refund and prompt answers to your questions helped soften the dissappointment somewhat and that in your next search for a VPS in any of our locations, you will consider us and check in to see if v6 is now available.

Regards

• Day 2 has wrapped up and Day 3 rolls in.

Huge congratulations to our Day 2 winner @dahartigan who chose to have his winning announced here.

Enjoy.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Upon inspecting AUP and TOS:

Each client is eligible for one (1) complimentary operating system (.OS.) reload per billing cycle; each additional OS reload is £35 per reload. Installation of an unsupported OS is subject to the prior approval of HostDoc and a £35 fee (only in our US datacenters).

Bandwidth overage charges are billed per gigabyte at a rate of £0.25 (twenty five pence) over the allotted bandwidth on the service

The above would result in £25 bill for 100Gb of traffic after initial 100Gb in Australia.

If an IP range or IP address has been blacklisted as a result of excessive abuse reports, HostDoc reserves the right to issue a fine of £200 and immediately terminate the service.

The identity verification measures may include the scanning and emailing of two forms of government issued identification to HostDoc, as well as a front and back copy of the credit card used for payment, as well as a copy of a utility bill with the billing address. In certain circumstances additional identity verification may be required, in addition to the previously listed forms.

If a charge which is deemed valid by HostDoc, and validated by our Terms of Service or AUP, is disputed to a financial institution by performing a charge-back, then the client agrees to pay an ‘Administrative Fee’ of £200 in addition to original amount of funds which were reclaimed.

@HostDoc ?..

• @asv said:
    Upon inspecting AUP and TOS:

@HostDoc ?..

My Pleasure to explain:

Each client is eligible for one (1) complimentary operating system (.OS.) reload per billing cycle; each additional OS reload is £35 per reload. Installation of an unsupported OS is subject to the prior approval of HostDoc and a £35 fee (only in our US datacenters).

Needs updating. This was in existence in relation to our Canada location. Long before Dallas.
    In reality, you are allowed unlimited OS reinstallations as current clients will already know, there is no restrictions.
    The terms were drawn up when we began offering VPS.

Bandwidth overage charges are billed per gigabyte at a rate of £0.25 (twenty five pence) over the allotted bandwidth on the service

This is still true if the overage was not first agreed to.
    We simply suspend network as soon as bandwidth is finished to avoid any unexpected billings. If client requires more bandwidth, simply open ticket. In most cases, we issue further bandwidth free.

If an IP range or IP address has been blacklisted as a result of excessive abuse reports, HostDoc reserves the right to issue a fine of £200 and immediately terminate the service.

We reserve the right in cases of extremem abuse.
    In reality upon discovering an IP has been blacklisted due to spam, we block the IP from being able to send any more mail.
    If the spam is so severe it cost us financial loss or involves extra work on our part to clear up the abuse caused by the client, the charge stands.

The identity verification measures may include the scanning and emailing of two forms of government issued identification to HostDoc, as well as a front and back copy of the credit card used for payment, as well as a copy of a utility bill with the billing address. In certain circumstances additional identity verification may be required, in addition to the previously listed forms.

Still very much in operation.
    If fraud is failed or after further checks we cannot verify identity from third party sources, verification will be requested.

If a charge which is deemed valid by HostDoc, and validated by our Terms of Service or AUP, is disputed to a financial institution by performing a charge-back, then the client agrees to pay an ‘Administrative Fee’ of £200 in addition to original amount of funds which were reclaimed.

If a client has utilized our service and chooses they would like to charge back without contacting us (we are extremely flexible), then there is implication for financial loss on our part.
    These cost will be due if the charge back was not valid as well as admin fee's.
    The extra charges depend on if abuse was involved and the circumstances around the charge back.

For clarity, those terms are in place in for extreme circumstances which we have yet to enforce.
    Some parts definately are due to be refreshed as they have not been updated in a while.
    I do not think our terms are out of the ordinary but we do work hard to work with our clients to ensure both parties are satisfied for the term of our partnership.

We are yet to be subject to a charge back claim or a dissatisfied client due to not recieving a refund or having poor service.

Communication is key and we like to contact our clients when there are issues so we may come to am amiccable resolution without having resort to the above.

Hope this helps.

• asvasv Member
    edited November 2018

@HostDoc,

I sincerely appreciate your detailed explanation.

if the spam is so severe it cost us financial loss or involves extra work on our part

Where to draw the line? Real life example: client had WP installed, malicious actors obtained access to their account via 0day in one of the plugins and leveraged to the full shell. Spam flow was massive.

We simply suspend network as soon as bandwidth is finished to avoid any unexpected billings.

Wise. Can this be put into AUP?

If a client has utilized our service and chooses they would like to charge back without contacting us

Understood. What if charge-back was a result of deactivated card or other unintentional activity?

P.S Perhaps worth updating HostDoc website with your answers here, just in more official language.

• @asv said:
    @HostDoc,

I sincerely appreciate your detailed explanation.

You are welcome. They are there to be questioned and we are here to answer them if need be.

if the spam is so severe it cost us financial loss or involves extra work on our part

Where to draw the line? Real life example: client had WP installed, malicious actors obtained access to their account via 0day in one of the plugins and leveraged to the full shell. Spam flow was massive.

If it was a compromise, this can easily be verified via logs. If such is the case, any financial implications if any shall be the clients to bear but that is where it will end. Other than pulling the IP for quarantine, the client shall not be held liable for the abuse and will be offered a new VM or the oppotunity to investigate and fix their current instance and we shall provision a new IP.
    If constant compromises become evident, we shall unfortunately ask the client to leave as or get a managed service.

We simply suspend network as soon as bandwidth is finished to avoid any unexpected billings.

Wise. Can this be put into AUP?

As mentioned, it has not been updated in a while and the original was drawn up when we began offering VPS without real world experience of how we would handle these situations.
    I agree with you, it really should be updated and I will see to this in the coming weekend.

If a client has utilized our service and chooses they would like to charge back without contacting us

Understood. What if charge-back was a result of deactivated card or other unintentional activity?

If both cases, there is ample time for communication and to inform both us and their financial institution of the error.
    In this event, no further action shall be taken.

P.S Perhaps worth updating HostDoc website with your answers here, just in more official language.

I absolutely agree, it is high time to update it to reflect the manner in which we currently operate.

Thanks.

• I noticed a change in the USA offer. Is it now 50 GB SSD or 15 GB NvME correct?

Is the CPU in both cases the same?

HostDoc said: best performance possible with 99.79% uptime.

Have you achieved a better uptime than the guaranteed?

99.79% is not a very good number for a VPS.

Thank you attention!

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited November 2018

@EHRA said:
    I noticed a change in the USA offer. Is it now 50 GB SSD or 15 GB NvME correct?

Is the CPU in both cases the same?

HostDoc said: best performance possible with 99.79% uptime.

Have you achieved a better uptime than the guaranteed?

99.79% is not a very good number for a VPS.

Thank you attention!

In fact, we have very close to 100% uptime https://status.hostdoc.co.uk

Unlike most other who claim 99.9% and don't live up to it, we approached our guarantee with realistic targets. Do not forget, we are not long past one years old and did not want to make empty promises.

Away from that, our uptime is solid, most of our machine's have had no need to come down and when they do, we ensure it is the shortest possible time.

Take today for example, we had to carry out routine maintenance on our shared node and completed the work with 5 minutes down time. The first time the shared node has benn down for 6 months +

The USA offer should be 50GB HDD or 15GB NVMe. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Just checked and USA says HDD not SSD.
    https://screenshots.firefox.com/meNo0sPdUHeOfnWb/hostdochost.i.ng

• Day 3 has come and gone and we have yet another winner of our 3 month Medium KVM.
    This time, the server was won by @vovler
    Congratulations and have fun.

• Another day. Another winner.
    Day 4 has been fun and we are pleased to announce the winner of our Day 4 Medium KVM is @t0ny0
    Congratulations and have a blast with it.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @HostDoc What are the upgrade options for the resource pools? I've seen them listed for other services but not for the pools. I'd just like to know so I can plan for when I outgrow what I have.

• @dahartigan said:
    @HostDoc What are the upgrade options for the resource pools? I've seen them listed for other services but not for the pools. I'd just like to know so I can plan for when I outgrow what I have.

Sorry for seeing this late. I understand your question has been answered in live chat?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @HostDoc said:

@dahartigan said:
    @HostDoc What are the upgrade options for the resource pools? I've seen them listed for other services but not for the pools. I'd just like to know so I can plan for when I outgrow what I have.

Sorry for seeing this late. I understand your question has been answered in live chat?

No worries! Yeah all sorted, thanks for that :)