Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:

cece said: last bf there is 2g ram 50g hdd for $10, really solid service. will buy the storage plan if no better choice.

If the 4GB plans don't sell out I may introduce that again tomorrow.

FFS, I wasn't going to buy anything this year but if that appears it might force my hand.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

uhu said: FFS, I wasn't going to buy anything this year but if that appears it might force my hand.

haha, sorry.

I still have 4 more days of deals to come up with, if anyone has any ideas I am all ears, feel free to be greedy and ridiculous, I will just add a touch of business sanity to any suggestions.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Is your OpenVZ new enough to run Docker inside?

uhu said: Is your OpenVZ new enough to run Docker inside?

Not unless you want to mess around with multiple tun interfaces, personally i would not suggest running it on VZ6 generally (or VZ generally) but I have no objection to you trying it.

IMPORTANT

Just putting the order in and not paying will NOT reserve a product for you.

• No, don't worry, I'll find a KVM for it.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    IMPORTANT

Just putting the order in and not paying will NOT reserve a product for you.

It won't?! Scam!

angstrom said: It won't?! Scam!

LOL

I have someone ordering 1 of everything I offer then not paying and many others doing something similar and someone playing inception affiliates games with multiple duplicate accounts, just silly ... BF/CM deals are on 0% affiliate percentage anyway.

Had the same issue last year, followed by sorry I forgot to pay tickets can I still have XYZ a week after BF/CM so this year if its not paid within the hour it is cancelled unless by prior arrangement.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:

angstrom said: It won't?! Scam!

LOL

I have someone ordering 1 of everything I offer then not paying and many others doing something similar and someone playing inception affiliates games with multiple duplicate accounts, just silly ... BF/CM deals are on 0% affiliate percentage anyway.

Had the same issue last year, followed by sorry I forgot to pay tickets can I still have XYZ a week after BF/CM so this year if its not paid within the hour it is cancelled unless by prior arrangement.

Oh, I can well imagine that they try every trick in the book. :smile:

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

What's your AUP for CPUs? Looking for a new home for a few EU game servers and the 1270v# would handle them nicely depending on how much of a single thread I could use.

Ideal package for me depending on your CPU policy would be:

4 vCPU E3-1270v6
    8GB DDR4
    60GB NVMe
    3TB @ 1 Gbps
    ~£10/mo or so

Possible?

• It's gonna be a rough one, folks not being able to count to 10 and the out of stock whingers

• Ordered & paid. Good stuff!

• @MasonR said:
    What's your AUP for CPUs? Looking for a new home for a few EU game servers and the 1270v# would handle them nicely depending on how much of a single thread I could use.

4 vCPU E3-1270v6
    8GB DDR4
    60GB NVMe
    3TB @ 1 Gbps
    ~£10/mo or so

Possible?

Good luck with your budget.

• @eol said:

@MasonR said:

4 vCPU E3-1270v6
    8GB DDR4
    60GB NVMe
    3TB @ 1 Gbps
    ~£10/mo or so

Possible?

Good luck with your budget.

Good luck with your budgie.

Thanked by 1eol

MasonR said: What's your AUP for CPUs?

On the E3 nodes (Paste from the terms):

Excessive CPU use or continued high disk IO R+W requests will be considered server abuse, CPU cores are given on an equal share basis only they are not dedicated cores for your server alone.

As a general rule as long as you are not impacting others then you will not be restricted however as a guide line we ask that you do not average over 60% of a CPU core/thread for more than 24 hours on average or 100% of a core/thread for more than 1 hour.

I don't offer 4 cores on the E3's anyway though sorry, it is pretty mad to offer all the physical cores of an E3 for 1 VPS :)

solaire said: Ordered & paid. Good stuff!

Danke Schoen

Thanked by 2MasonR solaire
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2018

Idea 1: Freebies

• Throw in 1xIPv4 for yearly paid KVMs with 4GB+ ram.(eg 2 ips total for 4GB kvm, 3 for 6gb, hard maximum of 3-4IPs maybe)
      Let us use every last GB-ram efficiently using docker/lxc/lxd/whatever.

Your SSD plans aren't lacking in cores and your AUP for load-avg is reasonable.

Hoping the yearly payment keeps the riffraff away.

Wild Idea 2 : oversold FTP space on the raid5 array. As much space as you dare offer for 25eur/yr.(3500GB?)

You provide a FTP host name and take care of the IP rotation for the same.

uhu said: Good luck with your budgie.

Budgies are awesome!

vimalware said: Idea 1: Freebies

Throw in 1xIPv4 for yearly paid KVMs with 4GB+ ram.(eg 2 ips total for 4GB kvm, 3 for 6gb, hard maximum of 3-4IPs maybe)

Let us use every last GB-ram efficiently using docker/lxc/lxd/whatever.

Interesting, will bounce that around in my head for the night.

vimalware said: Wild Idea 2

To wild for me, maintaining and automating it is not something I can consider on short notice.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:

I still have 4 more days of deals to come up with, if anyone has any ideas I am all ears, feel free to be greedy and ridiculous, I will just add a touch of business sanity to any suggestions.

How about same storage less memory for a lower price?

I'm looking at last year's HostHatch offer of 2core/2GB/1.5TB for $60/yr or at least UltraVPS current offer of 2core/2GB/2TB for €10/m (incl VAT).

Purely for backup storage.

• Legal torrenting allowed on uk storage server?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Would love some smaller KVMs.
    1GB RAM and less.

• @AnthonySmith said:

uhu said: FFS, I wasn't going to buy anything this year but if that appears it might force my hand.

haha, sorry.

If possible for you instead of 4GB OpenVZ, 2GB OpenVz with 50GB disk at half price or same price for two years

• @davi said:

@AnthonySmith said:

haha, sorry.

If possible for you instead of 4GB OpenVZ, 2GB OpenVz with 50GB disk at half price or same price for two years

@AnthonySmith said:

cece said: last bf there is 2g ram 50g hdd for $10, really solid service. will buy the storage plan if no better choice.

If the 4GB plans don't sell out I may introduce that again tomorrow.

• @vimalware said:
    That storage node is going to get 100% consummated.

Take note LET : 5.37 EUR/1000GB (after deducting the ipv4 cost)

indeed. Just consummated a bit of that fine fine superfine storage .... feels good man ;^)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • awanawan Member
    edited November 2018

hi Tony, my order was detected as fraud. I'm not from Brazil
    and i give real information and don't use VPN or proxy
    please check it
    i was create ticket #829734

• Hi!

I was trying search for the information but I can't really find anything about it... so sorry if it was asked before :-|

I was looking at the storage offer: I understand the primary purpose is for storage: what about using ownCloud/NextCloud (or similar) on it? Would it draw too much resources?

• @CreativeProjects said:
    ownCloud/NextCloud (or similar) on it? Would it draw too much resources?

Nextcloud is near perfect. Seafile too.

just don't torrent on RAID5. just no.

• idea for the upcomming days; NL KVM with 2 or 3 GB

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith got something like the storage setup, but with less HD and still KVM? Like the OVZ offer? Or a slightly smaller storage one without the "use case"?

• Maybe double disk on your : 2CPU, 4GB Ram and 50GB NVME Disk instead 25Gb ??

• @vimalware said:
    Nextcloud is near perfect. Seafile too.

Ok that's cool then. Seafile is light, but I think I remember Nextcloud being much heavier (at least on a kimsufi Atom)

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, it is a lifetime price or a first order (year or month) only deal?