Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for plex pass lifetime coupon - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for plex pass lifetime coupon

2»

Comments

• Ympker said:
    Tbh I wouldn't know. Plex worked great for me without PlexPass so I can't imagine video performance to be any better.

If you have a fat pipe you can get away with direct streaming stuff anyways. So yeah.

@hacktek said:
    HW acceleration is much better than sw acceleration at the expense of image quality. My server struggled to transcode a single 1080p stream but can do 5 or 6 at once now that I have plex pass on it.

What is the CPU on your server?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @saibal said:

Ympker said:
    Tbh I wouldn't know. Plex worked great for me without PlexPass so I can't imagine video performance to be any better.

If you have a fat pipe you can get away with direct streaming stuff anyways. So yeah.

@hacktek said:
    HW acceleration is much better than sw acceleration at the expense of image quality. My server struggled to transcode a single 1080p stream but can do 5 or 6 at once now that I have plex pass on it.

What is the CPU on your server?

i7-3770. It should transcode more with that cpu as it has a high enough passmark but it was never reliable for me, maybe my media just sucks for transcoding with cpu.

• Support the devs, throw them a few $$ for their efforts in producing software that makes watching your stolen media effortless.

• @Nekki said:
    Support the devs, throw them a few $$ for their efforts in producing software that makes watching your stolen media effortless.

Stolen is a big word... Think of it this way. You can you either pay $7 for a vps in some fancy host or pay $7 per year for the same specs in some @Virmach (hint hint) LEB black friday deal. You just choose the better deal.

• @soluf said:

@Nekki said:
    Support the devs, throw them a few $$ for their efforts in producing software that makes watching your stolen media effortless.

Stolen is a big word... Think of it this way. You can you either pay $7 for a vps in some fancy host or pay $7 per year for the same specs in some @Virmach (hint hint) LEB black friday deal. You just choose the better deal.

Doesn’t make any sense.

Stolen is an entirely accurate term for a reasonable percentage of Plex users (myself among them).