Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webtropia/ServDiscount Black Friday Offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webtropia/ServDiscount Black Friday Offer

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited November 2018 in General

Not the best offer imho but given their dedicated servers usually are on the budget side anyway maybe someone is gonna pick one up:

Codes:

Servdiscount: 15% off BLACKFRIDAY2018-SD

Webtropia: 10% off BLACKWEEK2018-WT

Thanked by 1ehab

Comments

• BlackFridayMatter

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Everything less then 50% is a scam.

• @Neoon said:

Agreed. That's why providers + Amazon sellers up the price before BF then make a "huge discount" :)

• Servdiscount compared with Hetzner, which is better in terms.of machines and network ?

• @HWAYS said:
    Servdiscount compared with Hetzner, which is better in terms.of machines and network ?

I guess Hetzner has quite the good reputation. Webtropia/Myloc/Servdiscounr had horror stories about their network in the past but now I believe some LET members have servers with them.

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • Myloc network is much better in my opinion. However, their cancellation term is very complicated. I have to pay the Paypal fee when ordering with them, which violates Paypal term. They use a 3rd party payment gateway to make it “processing fee” which sounds like a joke to me.

Thanked by 2HWAYS coreflux
  • @HWAYS said:
    Servdiscount compared with Hetzner, which is better in terms.of machines and network ?

Using servdiscount dedi about last year ago, network is so-so but acceptable, they said that ddos protection are included but never tried or test it, in 3-6 months never face a downtime.

P.s. You need to understand how contract work between you and them to avoid any future misunderstandings.

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • I find hetzner's no-setup-cost BF deal better, i mean servdiscount / webtropia is meh anyway

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • @Neoon said:

And non recurring. Anyone dishing that trash up on BF should be banned from here

Thanked by 3HWAYS gol3m Frecyboy
  • @corbpie said:

@Neoon said:

And non recurring. Anyone dishing that trash up on BF should be banned from here

All servdiscount promotions I remember were non recurring and worded ambiguously.

"get 10% off" - "only the first month on our 999€ servers when you pay for a year in advance" the last part you had to figure out on your own during the order process

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Anything less than 66.6% discount is a sham.

@corbpie said:

@Neoon said:

We just fork the official BF thread when its full of trash, easy.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2018

I let go of my dedi from last years christmas offer. nothing to complain about other than parts of their subnets ending up on spamlists every now and then.

but, two months after cancelling normally, I tried to order a vps (10€ monthly) from them and my account was inactive (maybe an automatic thing due to GDPR or whatever).

so I simply registered a new one, during the order and send in the requested business registration. after that it got a bit ridiculus by them asking me for a copy of my bankcard to prove the bank account belongs to me - yet they had charged it multiple months without problems on the old account already...

I kindly told them, that I won't bother to send in more copies of anything that they already have on file and let it be their decision to get a former client back. eventually the order expired...

however, luckily there are enough other providers who offer comparable services in the same pricing range.

Thanked by 2Ympker levnode
  • @Neoon said:
    Everything less then 50% more than $7 is a scam.

Fixed it for you.

@bugrakoc said:

@Neoon said:

Fixed it for you.

No if you can get a i7 for 10EUR a month.

• @bugrakoc said:

@Neoon said:

Fixed it for you.

you forgot the word yearly

Thanked by 2bugrakoc tomcb
  • @Neoon said:

@bugrakoc said:

@Neoon said:

Fixed it for you.

No if you can get a i7 for 10EUR a month.

Still scam.