Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incompetence Hostmybytes as a Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incompetence Hostmybytes as a Provider

I just informed you better don't take deal business with this one provider. I got 3 times database problem when using their service.

And response is very long to wait, you have to wait days for reply. Until now, he let my web keep going in trouble.

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited November 2018

words mean nothing on here.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

[insert proof here]

• Another Lostmybytes story.

Thanked by 3ehab Yura ztech
  • Watch out - subscriptions are enabled still if you don't have service and David's solution to you unknowingly giving them money for months until you saw a recent Paypal app notification telling you that you sent them is giving you credit for service you don't even have with them anymore.

• PEBKAC

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • LostMyBytes

Thanked by 1eol
    • been here for 3 years
    • doesn't read or care for numerous negative reviews about the Provider
    • allegedly get screwed by said Provider
    • complains here about the Provider

My question is: Why the fuck do you write but not read? Even 1X speed CD-ROM drive CAN read if it WRITES.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Yura said:

• been here for 3 years
    • doesn't read or care for numerous negative reviews about the Provider
    • allegedly get screwed by said Provider
    • complains here about the Provider

My question is: Why the fuck do you write but not read? Even 1X speed CD-ROM drive CAN read if it WRITES.

Kind of a minimalReverse WORM. Write Many Or Read Optional NaN.

Thanked by 1eol
  • For your information with update situation my problem, it was handled for a moment (at least until this time).

From this trouble situation i learned which every single provider maybe has own different management, take a look example for technician, handled by himself or another person which hired by company, I don't know.

But what's make me little bit disappointed was I have waiting too long where the expertise guy coming and handling this situation.

conclusion : My problem was handled. Thank you.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, now that OP's PMS is over, he takes his words back.

Typical.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • I try to be fair for my self and explain what's the real situation. But if anyone who think I try to make negative opinion about the provider, I don't want wasting my time for this situation. There are a lot of work i have to do. But this thread i think is open for any compliance with provider work.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

deank said: he takes his words back

careful with your words, he maybe she here

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2018

d2itsme said: I try to be fair for my self and explain what's the real situation. But if anyone who think I try to make negative opinion about the provider, I don't want wasting my time for this situation. There are a lot of work i have to do. But this thread i think is open for any compliance with provider work.

So before you wrote this, you took a moment to use your brain an say to your self, "You know, it is a HOLIDAY weekend for the USA and in a lot of cases business provide their employees time off around the holidays"? I am not sure if HostMyBytes is a US company, however, it would seem to make sense that support replies would be slower to arrive over a holiday, don't you think?

What I see is you not using your brain and assuming they would reply immediately over a holiday and when they didn't, you came here to complain. Seems a bit silly now, when you think about it, huh?

I can't confirm this was the case, but people need to stop assuming when they put in a ticket to a Low End provider that they are going to get replies immediately. For the price you are paying you should just be happy they answer your ticket at all and you should be super happy if its done in less than 48 hours. If you want premium support, GO PAY FOR IT by actually purchasing a service at a price which allows the host to afford to actually provide support instead of every ticket being at a loss.

To be fair, I am not suggesting anyone else get services with HostMyBytes, I just get annoyed that people think they should have $100.00 per month managed support services for free included with their $2.00 per month shared hosting or vps account. sigh

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

@hostdare said:
    careful with your words, he maybe she here

Nope, it's a he. I am 66.6% certain. There is no girl on LET with an exception of Katie from Hetzner.

• @TheLinuxBug said:

d2itsme said: I try to be fair for my self and explain what's the real situation. But if anyone who think I try to make negative opinion about the provider, I don't want wasting my time for this situation. There are a lot of work i have to do. But this thread i think is open for any compliance with provider work.

So before you wrote this, you took a moment to use your brain an say to your self, "You know, it is a HOLIDAY weekend for the USA and in a lot of cases business provide their employees time off around the holidays"? I am not sure if HostMyBytes is a US company, however, it would seem to make sense that support replies would be slower to arrive over a holiday, don't you think?

What I see is you not using your brain and assuming they would reply immediately over a holiday and when they didn't, you came here to complain. Seems a bit silly now, when you think about it, huh?

I can't confirm this was the case, but people need to stop assuming when they put in a ticket to a Low End provider that they are going to get replies immediately. For the price you are paying you should just be happy they answer your ticket at all and you should be super happy if its done in less than 48 hours. If you want premium support, GO PAY FOR IT by actually purchasing a service at a price which allows the host to afford to actually provide support instead of every ticket being at a loss.

To be fair, I am not suggesting anyone else get services with HostMyBytes, I just get annoyed that people think they should have $100.00 per month managed support services for free included with their $2.00 per month shared hosting or vps account. sigh

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

================
    They don't say when i complaint if they were in holiday, so when i asking why it feels pretty much longer than i thought.
    They were answer we will gonna report and in progress.

If all provider think like you so i guess there is no competition in low budget providers.

If they were like you so then they just ask to their customer to follow what you want just like "hei please buy our product and then let our drawn your box." We will let your product to be deadpool. We don't care with you, and then the next question is why we should build this forum?
    I could not imagine your parameter from your perspective.

Every provider of course has responsibility with their product ,when they decided how much for price should they offer, so it should be count on their plan before.

• alright... anybody else receiving mutiple spammy messages by them each day? I was a client before they were aquired by whoever runs the show now but it's messed up. wtf are they thinking sending me spam mails in chinese?

• TheLinuxBug said: So before you wrote this, you took a moment to use your brain an say to your self,

They advertise 24/7 live support; Customers can be assured of 100% instant support through phone, email or the online chat system from HostMyBytes.

• Their Chinese email offers to US customers started in May. Somehow somebody thought it was a smart idea to send US customers emails in Chinese but note the title of the thread.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
    edited November 2018

none said: They advertise 24/7 live support; Customers can be assured of 100% instant support through phone, email or the online chat system from HostMyBytes.

A lot of companies state similar but actually have set phones hours and also operate on 'Best Effort' schedules during holidays. This means that while 'there is support', there may be less people working and longer delays between responses. Just because it takes longer than normal to resolve, doesn't mean they failed to provide you support 24/7.

Be logical, use your brain and some commonsense, generally around holidays people take time off and support time raise a bit, this is normal. Again, exercise some more patience, especially if you are paying peanuts for some low end service.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1eol
  • @TheLinuxBug said:

none said: They advertise 24/7 live support; Customers can be assured of 100% instant support through phone, email or the online chat system from HostMyBytes.

A lot of companies state similar but actually have set phones hours and also operate on 'Best Effort' schedules during holidays. This means that while 'there is support', there may be less people working and longer delays between responses. Just because it takes longer than normal to resolve, doesn't mean they failed to provide you support 24/7.

Be logical, use your brain and some commonsense, generally around holidays people take time off and support time raise a bit, this is normal. Again, exercise some more patiences, especially if you are paying peanuts for some low end service.

Cheers!

instant = few hours ?

edited November 2018

yokowasis said: nstant = few hours ?

By what metric are they measuring instant? I would assume you are making an assumption of what that means based on what it means to you? If you place a ticket or e-mail in to their support desk and it sends you a reply stating that it received your ticket, you got an 'instant' reply. Maybe this is what they mean by instant? That doesn't mean that the resolution to the issue will be instant. To believe you would get an 'instant resolution' would make you look kinda silly, don't you think (you know, that using commonsense thing I mentioned)?

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:

yokowasis said: nstant = few hours ?

By what metric are they measuring instant? I would assume you are making an assumption of what that means based on what it means to you? If you place a ticket or e-mail in to their support desk and it sends you a reply stating that it received your ticket, you got an 'instant' reply. Maybe this is what they mean by instant? That doesn't mean that the resolution to the issue will be instant. To believe you would get an 'instant resolution' would make you look kinda silly, don't you think (you know, that using commonsense thing I mentioned)?

Cheers!

Common sense is not having a provider that promise something unrealistic such as 100% instant support or 100% uptime guaranteed.

Don't make promises you can't keep

• TheLinuxBug said: Be logical, use your brain and some commonsense,

So it's false advertising.

No, it's bathtaking gone wrong.

• I bought a server in Hostmybytes for 1 year more than 6 months ago running the server without problems once I got one I sent a ticket to support and I solved it very soon.