Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest domain/tld including renewal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest domain/tld including renewal

Once again another domain thread, sorry pals.

So I am looking for some pretty cheap domains up to 5-10 years. I saw in some threads that there were promotions where you can get some for 0.88$/yr including renewal but I checked those and it seems the promotions ended already.

Also Black Friday and all that stuff is coming up but I have the feeling there will be 1st/2nd year discounts only.
Lemme know if there are any current promotions or whatever going on.

I am open to new tlds but no need for free ones like tk ml and stuff.

Thanks so far.

Comments

• check .feedback

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@vovler said:
    check .feedback

Everytime i see this domain .bs, bullshit comes up. I would not purchase from a bullshit internet : |

Thanked by 1blackjack4494
  • jammyjammy Member
    edited November 2018

@vovler said:
    check .feedback

From TLD-List:

Be warned, these .FEEDBACK domains are IMO a bit of a scam. You can't route/point them with DNS servers without paying $700+- a year for 'self service' options. You are paying the FEEDBACK TLD owners to host a feedback system 'for you'. Paying someone else to hoard your customers data, and/or they charge you to access it .. Anyway do some research before buying. "SCAM" is what I'd call it; poor quality system also.

Thanked by 2that_guy Yura
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2018

In all case, avoid fancy TLD. Stick with .com/.net/.org , country level domains, and .info

Also, something too cheap, has drawback in a way or another.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Dearest Black Jack 4494,

Freenom may be beneficial to your needs. They are not a very good registry, however their prices can't be beat considering that their .tk, .ml, .ga, .cf and .gq domains are free. They are not very good extensions, but can prove to be great for small projects. A con for this is you can only register for up to 12 months, however the renewal is still free, you just have to manually renew next year. Another option you can try is viewing https://tld-list.com/ and sort by Cheapest Renewal. I hope this information benefits you.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

Thanked by 1eol
  • .ovh is another cheap sample

• True, but comes across like an ad or sth.

• @eol said:
    True, but comes across like an ad or sth.

That's because you know what OVH stands for (Oles Victory Horse). For 99.9999% of people on Earth .ovh is another weird but short extension. Beats .feedback or . accounting any day of the week for me.

@SteveMC said:
    In all case, avoid fancy TLD. Stick with .com/.net/.org , country level domains, and .info

Word. Verisign love to raise prices but others are worse.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Use .tk free

• Interesting that no one is reading anything.

• Writing is more blessed than reading.

• Don't use domain names. IPv6 is cheap, that's teh way2go.

2001:feed:a:dead:babe:deca:c0f:fee

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2018

del

• jamespeach said: Freenom may be beneficial to your needs.

I was using one of these domains for personal link shortening - after a couple of years they deactivated my domain (they claimed it wasn't being used because there was no homepage on the root domain). I even asked if I could buy the domain - but they wouldn't let me.

tl;dr don't use Freenom for anything you care about.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@Silvenga said:

jamespeach said: Freenom may be beneficial to your needs.

I was using one of these domains for personal link shortening - after a couple of years they deactivated my domain (they claimed it wasn't being used because there was no homepage on the root domain). I even asked if I could buy the domain - but they wouldn't let me.

tl;dr don't use Freenom for anything you care about.

There are stories of popular websites that used freenom's free domains. When they started recieving lots of traffic, freenom's team redirected the entire website to theirs without notice or anything.

• Dunno why you still talk about freenom. I clearly said I want some paid domain and am open for new tlds. I kinda rather want a new tld like xyz etc than the old common onses (com org etc.)