Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Configure RAID 1 on B120i and Debian Installation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Configure RAID 1 on B120i and Debian Installation

Hello,
I have DL320e server
I configured RAID1 on B120i, and try install Debian 9x, 64 bit. But got error Debian can't see RAID.
If you have similar problems and solved it, tell me how.
I tried with B120i RAID1, and with Software raid also not worked.

Comments

• The Dynamic Smart Array driver is not available for the following Linux distributions:
    Debian
    Ubuntu
    CentOS
    Fedora
    Asianux
    Oracle Linux
    OpenSUSE

Thanked by 1eol
  • @crpatel said:
    The Dynamic Smart Array driver is not available for the following Linux distributions:
    Debian
    Ubuntu
    CentOS
    Fedora
    Asianux
    Oracle Linux
    OpenSUSE

And how solve this problem? I tried software raid also not worked. On grub installation step it give me error.

• You can't install GRUB to the raid directly with a software RAID. Make a partition (sdX1) of type ext3, ~250MB, not mounted, on the members of your RAID, and install grub to sda1, then manually install to the other partitions.

Thanked by 1eol
  • alievinfoalievinfo Member
    edited November 2018

Ok, I try. 250MB no problem. I have here 2x4TB HDD

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

If you want to go the hardware RAID route, you could add HP drivers to the distribution.

I would just do software RAID or ZFS though.

• @FHR said:
    If you want to go the hardware RAID route, you could add HP drivers to the distribution.

I would just do software RAID or ZFS though.

I dont find B120i drivers for Debian from HP support page.