Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Looking for VPS to host game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for VPS to host game server

radiosmershradiosmersh Member
edited November 2018 in Requests

Hello,
I'm looking for VPS to host a game server (also TS3 server). The game utilizes only one core that means I need a CPU with decent single core perfomance. I'm currently renting a dedicated server with 3770k, but that's an overkill for my needs.

Requirements:

  1. 2 or 3 cores, at least one of them guaranteed to have perfomance that is better or at least on the same level as my current configuration and has to be dedicated
  2. RAM: 4GB
  3. Storage: 50 GB SSD min
  4. Location preferably in UK/Netherlands, altough other options in Europe will do too
  5. Network: 100Mbps or higher
  6. Budget: I'm considering proposals up to 25€/month

I would greatly appreciate any host proposals.

Thanks!

Comments

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    Dedicated core @ 3.9GHz+ will be hard considering most CPUs with that are only quad-core. If you are fine with not maxing out the CPU 24/7 my plans in UK are basically what you're asking for though.

    Thanked by 1radiosmersh
  • Vultr's 4gb plan comes to mind.

    Thanked by 1radiosmersh
  • FHRFHR Member, Provider

    @teamacc said:
    Vultr's 4gb plan comes to mind.

    A far cry from high frequency dedicated cores.

    Try BuyVM, or possibly Kimsufi KS-10 (no SSD storage unfortunately, but great bang for the buck)

    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • For a smooth gaming experience you want a dedicated server.

    Thanked by 1Janevski
  • radiosmershradiosmersh Member
    edited November 2018

    @eol said:
    For a smooth gaming experience you want a dedicated server.

    Our community is already renting dedicated box with i3770k and 16GB ram, but that's the overkill for our needs.

    @MikeA said:
    Dedicated core @ 3.9GHz+ will be hard considering most CPUs with that are only quad-core. If you are fine with not maxing out the CPU 24/7 my plans in UK are basically what you're asking for though.

    Sry, I don't have much experience with VPSes, I assumed the higher is the frequency the better is perfomance. Therefore that requirement is not necessary and I replaced it with a different one: core has to have a decent that is better or at least on the same level as my current configuration. I've updated my original post description.

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @radiosmersh said:
    Sry, I don't have much experience with VPSes, I assumed the higher is the frequency the better is perfomance. Therefore that requirement is not necessary and I replaced it with a different one: core has to have a decent that is better or at least on the same level as my current configuration. I've updated my original post description.

    Higher frequency can be better, but my point is, any host that has a CPU that you want with 3.9GHz+ is not going to be able to give you real dedicated CPU because these higher frequency processors are mostly only 4 core / 8 thread at this time. If you don't need dedicated CPU then any host that doesn't oversell a ton will be fine.

  • for game you need speed port good how 1gbps and anti-ddos about 10gbps maybe kimsufi uk or fr can be good for you.

  • +1 cheap dedicated server

  • skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Provider

    Hello,

    Maybe one of our packages suits your needs? See: https://skb-enterprise.com/ssd-vps/

    You can also configure a server your own: https://clients.skb-enterprise.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=117

    Location is Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

  • Is the dedicated server that your community currently rents by any chance a hetzner auctions server? If so and you are happy with them why not try their cloud ccx11 that has dedicated vcpu, more then enough ram/ssd space and just fits in your budget.

    Thanked by 1radiosmersh
  • radiosmersh said: radiosmersh

    6 Cores Intel Xeon 2,4GHz CPU
    8GB ECC RAM
    120Gb SSD
    DDoS Protection included
    Unmetered BW
    1199 Rub = 16 EUR

    CP ISP Manager in English. I guess that the best value can get from list. )

    https://vpshoster.ru/oblachnyj-hosting/oblachnyj-virtualnyj-server/?from=154706

  • @Vinnyletje said:
    Is the dedicated server that your community currently rents by any chance a hetzner auctions server? If so and you are happy with them why not try their cloud ccx11 that has dedicated vcpu, more then enough ram/ssd space and just fits in your budget.

    Yes, we rent it from Hetzner. Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

  • radiosmershradiosmersh Member
    edited November 2018

    @Hukin said:

    radiosmersh said: radiosmersh

    6 Cores Intel Xeon 2,4GHz CPU
    8GB ECC RAM
    120Gb SSD
    DDoS Protection included
    Unmetered BW
    1199 Rub = 16 EUR

    CP ISP Manager in English. I guess that the best value can get from list. )

    https://vpshoster.ru/oblachnyj-hosting/oblachnyj-virtualnyj-server/?from=154706

    Probably you misunderstood my requirements, I need VPS where at least one core will have decent perfomance (i.e. not less then 4000 with Geekbench 4), and from looking at your offer (2.4 GHz core) that doesn't sound like it.

  • HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

    That not a my offer, I not related to this company. just suggesting.

  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Provider

    @radiosmersh said:
    Hello,
    I'm looking for VPS to host a game server (also TS3 server). The game utilizes only one core that means I need a CPU with decent single core perfomance. I'm currently renting a dedicated server with 3770k, but that's an overkill for my needs.

    Requirements:

    1. 2 or 3 cores, at least one of them guaranteed to have perfomance that is better or at least on the same level as my current configuration and has to be dedicated
    2. RAM: 4GB
    3. Storage: 50 GB SSD min
    4. Location preferably in UK/Netherlands, altough other options in Europe will do too
    5. Network: 100Mbps or higher
    6. Budget: I'm considering proposals up to 25€/month

    I would greatly appreciate any host proposals.

    Thanks!

    This servers is acceptable ? https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10799480

  • eoleol Member
    edited November 2018

    You could get a Intel Core i7-3770 for EUR 29 from Hetzner server auction.
    Or Hetzner Cloud CCX11 (2 dedicated cores, ... ) for EUR 24.

    EDIT:
    3 years ago I would host game servers on those i7-3770s also, pretty capable machines.
    High single core performance.

Sign In or Register to comment.