Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway - Big issues with changing billing information
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway - Big issues with changing billing information

My legal name has changed and I have the documents to prove so, yet Scaleway support refuses to change my legal name in their billing information.

I thought this must be a one time thing but then someone messaged me and told me that their friend who studied in an EU country (with VAT) and then moved out to their home country (without VAT) was unable to change their country.

It is utterly stupid to act like this because their response was
During an opening of account, you validated ToS and signed a contract between you and Scaleway with the registered information. The change of the ownership would break the contract and would return it null and obsolete..
Even though I have made it clear that it was my legal name when I signed up.

Comments

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited November 2018

It's owned by Online.net - I'm really not surprised at all.

Also yes I've seen the other situation you described. Took them two months to change his billing address.

• You changed your legal name knowing you are bound by Online ToS. It's all your fault. Change your name back before they put both of your names into FraudRecord.

• I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go. You've been made redundant - The internet is full of trannies already.

• @bitcynth How did you manage to change your name?

• create another account. as simple as that.

• @Janevski said:
    @bitcynth How did you manage to change your name?

You can change name in most countries :) Can't see why it should be a problem.

• @Zerpy said:

@Janevski said:
    @bitcynth How did you manage to change your name?

You can change name in most countries :) Can't see why it should be a problem.

True, but usually people have one firstname per lifetime.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well, come on, you had to know that this is not a common thing and there would be some friction, why even waste your breath worrying about it, just sign up with your new name take a duplicate server and migrate, simple.

I am sure you had good reason to change your name, I am sure you are not ignorant enough to think that this is everyone else's problem to deal with.

Who the hell has seen or can validate a legal name change document? 99.99% of the world population would not even know where to start with that, so you just need to take it on the chin and deal with it, I am sure changing your name required 100x the effort of migrating a server.

I am sure migrating a server is only 50% of the effort you put in to trying to get them to change your account info

Thanked by 3FHR Janevski PandaRain
  • @AnthonySmith don't people get married and change their name all the time?

Thanked by 1Yura

gol3m said: @AnthonySmith don't people get married and change their name all the time?

If you are just going to calmly use logic then I don't want to be part of this conversation....

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

Logic and LET? Dudes, this ain't hackforums.

Just sue them. You do have a case.

Thanked by 2CyberMonday netomx
  • In all fairness - nobody changes first name after getting married. So changing last name is one thing, changing first name - thats a whole different animal.
    For example - Lady Liberty gets married, and she changes her name to Lady TookYoLiberty, first name remains the same.

edited November 2018

I can see few valid cases of changing one's first name.

1. A lottery winner.
    2. A criminal wanting a new life
    3. An immigrant. Ex. "Hi, my name is Srivaddhanaprabha." <- Leichester owner's lastname.
  • zkyezzkyez Member
    edited November 2018

@deank said:
    I can see few valid cases of changing one's first name.

1. A lottery winner.
    2. A criminal wanting a new life
    3. An immigrant. Ex. "Hi, my name is Srivaddhanaprabha." <- Leichester owner's lastname.

also: gender change, witness protection, converting to a different religion (in some countries). And the list goes on.
    Or, you know, just because they feel like it.

Add Satan worshippers.

• @deank said:
    Add Satan printer worshippers.

Hi, My name is Juki Daisywheel.

Hi, my name is Endis Nigh.

Thanked by 2Janevski netomx
  • Hi Endis Nigh. Welcome to Shitpost club.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Heh. I tried changing my card with Online.net after it expired. Changed the card. It went through. Tried paying the bill manually - error ‘InValid parameter’. Bank does get a charge attempt so opened a ticket. Was told that they can’t charge my card on file because ‘no’. Escalated to a manager. Never got any response. Moved cold backup to another supplier.

And all this after the price increases. Appalling service.

Thanked by 1bjo
  • I got a new card by my bank because mastercard had some leak, I added the new card to their CP, and tried to pay 2 unpaid invoices. After some tries, one bill was payed, but the other still lead to an unknown error. Fortunately they did not charge my card for every attempt.

They have a rep here I thought?

• AnthonySmith said: They have a rep here I thought?

Pretty sure LET ran them off after they retroactively increased pricing on all the specials

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@abermingham mind having a look here please?