Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[ZipVPS] Flashcache SSD Based KVM VPS 256MB $3 - 512MB $5 - 1024MB $7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[ZipVPS] Flashcache SSD Based KVM VPS 256MB $3 - 512MB $5 - 1024MB $7

HoloshedHoloshed Member
edited July 2013 in Offers

ZipVPS July Special

Reviews of our Soft Launch/Beta here on LET

All VPS hosted on optimized server hardware.

• E3-1270 V2
  • Full Hardware RAID10 Redundancy
  • Flashcache SSD Backed Disks

Linux Based - Add Windows Server OS for 5.00 Per Month

Includes templates and ISOs from every major distro and we also take requests.

LEB Special - 256MB
$3.00 - No coupon needed

• 256MB Guaranteed Ram
  • 10GB Flashcache SSD Cached Raid10 Disk
  • 250GB Internet Transfer via Gigabit Connection
  • 1 Shared CPU Cores (Fair Use)
  • Self Managed
  • Order Here

LEB Special - 512MB
$5.00 - No coupon needed

• 512MB Guaranteed Ram
  • 25GB Flashcache SSD Cached Raid10 Disk
  • 500GB Internet Transfer via Gigabit Connection
  • 2 Shared CPU Cores (Fair Use)
  • Self Managed
  • Order Here

LEB Special - 1024MB
$7.00 - No coupon needed

• 1024MB Guaranteed Ram
  • 50GB Flashcache SSD Cached Raid10 Disk
  • 1000GB Internet Transfer via Gigabit Connection
  • 4 Shared CPU Cores (Fair Use)
  • Self Managed
  • Order Here

Information

• LEB Offer Refund Policy: Full refund within 3 days if unsatisfied.
  • We are here to help you where we can even though the service is unmanaged.
  • All orders are approved after fraud check, generally within 1 to 6 hours.
  • Anything else you wonder about, just ask!
  • Our policies - TOS/Privacy Policy/AUP

Comments

• Rules, Rules...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Certificate is self signed ?
    Plans cost more than 7 $ a month...

• I have edited the post to only have the plan listed that is under 7.00. I had a mis-thought about the other plans and that is my mistake.

As for the certificate, I do not have a self signed there as per my checking but I will check using another computer and browser to be sure.

• Certificate is just $2/yr....

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2013

I see free StartCom ltd. class 1 certificate, issued on 3.5.2013, not self signed.

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited July 2013

@MorningIris said:
    Certificate is just $2/yr....

@Spirit said:
    I see free StartCom ltd. class 1 certificate, issued on 3.5.2013, not self signed.

Spirit is correct and I will change out the SSL Certificate shortly.

• SSL Certificate now replaced and even tweaked the prices a bit based on suggestion. Thanks everyone so far!

• Marked, will come back to this thread in September.

• @sundaymouse said:
    Marked, will come back to this thread in September.

One thing I have learned in business is to take your time and learn as you go. I have paid for this server out of my own pocket for 3 months already and am willing to pay for what is required out of pocket until it takes care of itself.

I just have one service I sell right now but I wanted to make sure I did it right and I feel confident now it was ready for launch.

The website is a template and right now just has the basic information but I decided to put my money into the technology to make it worth it and the rest comes with time and funds.

I will keep doing what it takes to be better and grow because while I did launch in the summer time, I will in no way be a summer host. I know my customers will enjoy the time I put into it just as I will be proud of my work.

I read what you said and smiled because I do want you to come back and maybe even be a customer! I welcome all feedback because that is how we make everything better.

• WorldWorld Veteran

ZipVPS is good.
    I remeber that zipvps's test vps is very good.

• Interesting. I'll give it a try. Is it OK to run non-I/O intensive benchmarks?

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited July 2013

@Master_Bo said:
    Interesting. I'll give it a try. Is it OK to run non-I/O intensive benchmarks?

I understand everyone wants to run some benchmarks to test things out and like you said, as long as it does not make the entire node suffer I have no problems with it! Enjoy!

• pcanpcan Member

The performance of this service is good. I have the 1 Gb plan with Windows; latest Windows RDP over UDP protocol is amazing on fast hardware. The remote desktop is more responsive than my local PC desktop (disclaimer: my PC is old, circa 2009).
    Disk speed is fast and the gigabit connection works as intended. A few short slowdowns, but I presume that people is busy hammering the node with speedtests and dd tests. The international keymap selector is enabled on the SolusVM VNC console: I can use the special keys on non-US keyboard.

• @pcan Thank you very much! I do try to be multinational friendly and do all I can to assist with small things like that. I have been impressed with the node and the speed of it and if you notice anything feel free to send a ticket and I will check into it.

I tested Windows Server 2012 on there to make a master image and I was really happy with how well it performed myself. KVM does pretty well with Windows I think as long as you use the Virtio drivers which I make available as needed.