Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Password manager you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Password manager you use?

Hello,

I am currently debating between using LastPass or Dashlane ... (and may be even 1Password).
Windows user here, I think 1Password is more famous with Mac users but their recent update for Windows looks nice.

So anyway, which password manager you use and would recommend others ??

(Free or paid, doesn't matter as long as its user friendly and works without issue and works on mobile devices as well)

Thanks

Comments

• I use Lastpass. Except from 1 major security flow they had they are pretty solid. They also offer secured notes where I put my prepaid visas on. I can verify they have good support for ipad/android/pc. I haven't try any other.

Thanked by 2Umair TheKiller
  • Bruce Schneiers passwordmanager.

• I use 1Password as my daily driver, and Keepass for password databases shared with some managed customers.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Keepass

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Lockbox by mozilla project

• KeepassXC

• KeePassX(C) on Windows/Linux and KeePassDX on Android.

• MyBrain V1.0

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited November 2018

Bitwarden is worth a look
    Also Keepass

Edit: Fix typo

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited November 2018

kepass on windows, Macpass on macbook, KepassDroid on Android synced through cloud

• @hyperblast said:
    Bruce Schneiers passwordmanager.

Get your own!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • BitWarden

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

This is a recurring topic

And my reply is still keepassxc + syncthing

• roboform

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

LastPass has been good, only downside is that it doesn't work with Chrome on Android anymore.

• @MikeA said:
    LastPass has been good, only downside is that it doesn't work with Chrome on Android anymore.

Whatttt ??? Thats a BIG downside .... :(

• @MikeA said:

@Umair said:

@MikeA said:

I use lastpass & it works on Google Chrome and Android just fine

@Umair said:

@MikeA said:

Well, apparently it is not a global problem, but it has been like this for months for me on multiple newer Android devices. I contacted LastPass about it a while back and always just got told to read a knowledgebase article that had nothing to do with it. LastPass is nice, mostly if it's just desktop use.

• @MikeA said:

@Umair said:

@MikeA said:

Well, apparently it is not a global problem, but it has been like this for months for me on multiple newer Android devices. I contacted LastPass about it a while back and always just got told to read a knowledgebase article that had nothing to do with it. LastPass is nice, mostly if it's just desktop use.

I use the Google phones with the latest Android versions and it works fine.
    You must of disabled autofill for your account or denied the prompt for allowing admin mode so it can read websites properly (If not, describe your issue)

@Actavus said:

@MikeA said:

@Umair said:

@MikeA said:

I use the Google phones with the latest Android versions and it works fine.
    You must of disabled autofill for your account or denied the prompt for allowing admin mode so it can read websites properly (If not, describe your issue)

Nah, auto-fill works fine for every other app, and works fine through Firefox on Android (but I don't use it.) Has all permissions as required on LastPass documentation and is set as the default auto-fill app on the device too.

It could be an issue caused by something on the specific devices, since Samsung's are loaded with bloatware, because before I switched to Samsung Note devices I did have a Pixel XL and it always worked fine on that. I will send LP a ticket again, since it's been about a year.

Thanked by 1Actavus
  • @karatekidmonkey said:
    BitWarden

Also this, used to use LastPass before

• Bitwarden

• Bitwarden +1

• brain.exe

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Lastpass

• Enpass

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

1Password