Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba's €1 VPS is gone? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba's €1 VPS is gone?

2»

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2018

Every provider can from time to time see an ip range gets into a blacklist. Even the bigger ones. I have severals and had more in the past 1 euro boxes from Aruba, non of them was in a blacklist. None. And i still use one for email box exlusively and another for webserver with a small email box for internal usage. Both were and are clean.

@tetech Both ranges are just on the spamrat list. In all other lists, they are clean. Even Google Mail will accept them.
    Smamrat rbl is not one common used list and there is a lot of critisism in the web about their listings and their removal procedure.
    Both addresses in all other lists are clean and reputable. Barracuda, Spamhaus, Spamcop, Spews... All clear. See this https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx:86.105.52.1&run=toolpage
    So, claiming that they have poor ip reputation because of some /24 exists on a non standard rbl list, is not an accurate claim.

tsoft said: Clouvider it the cleanest network in the UK. And much faster than Aruba.

And if I use a Porsche I will get faster and more secure driving with a speed of 250Kmh/hr instead of using a Fiat Panda 500cc on an autobank with a speed of 150Khm/hr . Is this an argument? Cloudvider's infrastructure is a top-notch and much more expensive than Aruba's one. Compare apples with apples, no apples with pork meat...

Absolutely not. This is an April 2016 (already 2 1/2 years before) thread with OP's only opinion. Aruba is strict on spamming for this price. They state this clearly on their TOS. And as others said in their replies, mistakes can arise. For €1 per month, don't expect the best support without mistakes. If you search LET (I am sure you already did this) you will not find many complains about them. And most of them are for having much higher expectations on speed and support speed than the price excuses...

• arubacloud email sending is fine. Just disable or deprioritize ipv6. my main complaint is no reverse ipv6 dns so when their ip goes to junk blacklists like for example webiron.net or nszones.com; there's no way to get it off their blacklist.

sure their services get abused by idiots; considering the last month; a bunch of retards been using their ip space to implement router exploits but you also get that from a popular provider here like buyvm.

Price change was good for us old users as the price doesn't seem to be changed and less abuse overall and much of the idiots have left already so only good times ahead.

• @smile said:
    arubacloud email sending is fine. Just disable or deprioritize ipv6. my main complaint is no reverse ipv6 dns so when their ip goes to junk blacklists like for example webiron.net or nszones.com; there's no way to get it off their blacklist.

sure their services get abused by idiots; considering the last month; a bunch of retards been using their ip space to implement router exploits but you also get that from a popular provider here like buyvm.

Price change was good for us old users as the price doesn't seem to be changed and less abuse overall and much of the idiots have left already so only good times ahead.

When deploying a VPS you have a check-box for enabling IPv6. Just leave it disabled and then use the server for mail. Whatever you do, never use it for spam, and make sure it's secured.

• You can still get it for like 1.2x EUR from their Czech website : https://forpsi.com/virtual/

• I have 1 vm at their UK datacenter, very happy with it.
    Hope they don't raise the price for existing clients.

• I have never seen an Arubacloud IP match on blocklist.info .

The panel is the worst I have ever seen.

• jvnadr said: So, claiming that they have poor ip reputation because of some /24 exists on a non standard rbl list, is not an accurate claim.

It was an example. One of my IPs is on 5 different blacklists (and not due to my own activity). None of the dozens of IPs I have with other providers are on any blacklists, so at least for me, Aruba has the worst IP reputations. You may have a different experience, but I call it as I see it.

• @tetech said:

jvnadr said: So, claiming that they have poor ip reputation because of some /24 exists on a non standard rbl list, is not an accurate claim.

It was an example. One of my IPs is on 5 different blacklists (and not due to my own activity). None of the dozens of IPs I have with other providers are on any blacklists, so at least for me, Aruba has the worst IP reputations. You may have a different experience, but I call it as I see it.

What is the IP then and what blacklists are we talking about? I am seeing an online.net IP on a blacklist for having "generic DNS", which doesn't mean anything, obviously.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2018

tetech said: It was an example. One of my IPs is on 5 different blacklists (and not due to my own activity). None of the dozens of IPs I have with other providers are on any blacklists, so at least for me, Aruba has the worst IP reputations. You may have a different experience, but I call it as I see it.

Because of one from five ips of yours included in some rbl's, you can claim that Aruba has the worst ip reputation? Brilliant!
    So, if you buy a new car from Lotus and does have an issue that has to be repaired, but you have also bought cars from FIAT, KIA and other brands and have never any issue for those cars as new, you can say that BMW has the worst reputation from all other brands!

Nobel prize for thinking! You should apply for it. Now. Hurry up!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2018

tetech said: One of my IPs is on 5 different blacklists (and not due to my own activity)

What ips are on 5 different lists? You posted 2 ips that are included in a single shitty list only. Those 2 ips you posted, do not exist on reputable lists, as i wrote before. https://www.rackaid.com/blog/email-blacklists/ is a good example of some valuable lists, non of the 2 ips you posted are there.

tetech said: I have three Aruba VPS (UK, DE, IT). Two (DE, IT) have poor IP reputations. Example applying /24 mask: http://www.spamrats.com/lookup.php?ip=86.105.52.1

tetech said: It was an example. One of my IPs is on 5 different blacklists (and not due to my own activity).

In your first post, you claim that you have 3 Aruba vps and two of them are on a single blacklist (spamrat) as you posted the whole /24 that including your own ip.
    In your second post, you claim that one of your Aruba vps is included in 5 spamlists! Witch one is true? Both cannot be... Simple mathematics...

It's nice to speculate without backing up the claims in a forum that we are all anonymous, isn't it?

• @gol3m said:
    The panel is the worst I have ever seen.

• finally gone from their regional sites. Hope there will finally be a break from exploits being hosting on their servers.

• tetechtetech Member
    edited November 2018

jvnadr said: In your first post, you claim that you have 3 Aruba vps and two of them are on a single blacklist (spamrat) as you posted the whole /24 that including your own ip.
    In your second post, you claim that one of your Aruba vps is included in 5 spamlists! Witch one is true? Both cannot be... Simple mathematics...

I said that I have three Aruba VPS'es. One of them (UK) has no problem with IP reputation (since you require a grade 3 level interpretation, this means it is on zero blacklists).

One of them (DE) is on five blacklists reported by Hetrix, and another (IT) is on six blacklists. The most problematic blacklists for me are not the public ones. Most problematic is proofpoint since this results in email to quite a few of their Fortune 500 customers getting blocked. The second most problematic (at least in my geography) is Altice since they have around 5 million customers. Email is also getting blocked almost entirely by .gov.au. Public listings include spfbl.net, webiron, spamrats (nothing as bad as SORBS though).

Nowhere did I say "a single blacklist". Learn how to read English.

If Aruba works for you then I'm happy for you. My UK IP seems pretty clean too, and as stated, other than email deliverability I've been a happy customer. But these other two VPSes (DE/IT) caused enough hours of work on deliverability issues that I now route email via other services. And no, I'm not posting the exact IPs here.

Maybe this detail helps someone else, but frankly I don't care if you want to discredit my experience.

• edited November 2018

I have 20 VMs at Aruba, spread between DE, UK, FR, CZ, IT1, IT2, gathered over a period if some 4 years, spread across multiple accounts. At peak, I have some 30+ VMs at Aruba. In terms of stability, generally they have been stable. So they are great for running various applications, eg: Web applications, or applications that are internal facing (ie: for self consumption).

Over this period, I have seen some down time, particularly with IPv6, on some of these VMs. At times, there could be IPv6 problems with some VMs at a particular location, while other VMs at the same location do not see any problems. But these problems are very seldom, as I have seen and as seen on my monitoring system. From my view, availability is not much different from that of OVH, Hetzner, Scaleway.

As for IPs in blacklists, some of their IPs are certainly tainted. But some are OK. If you have used the IPs for a long time, then it would be easier to make sure that they are clean, have them delisted at some of the blacklists (some blacklists are difficult or virtually impossible to delist from). So if you would like to use these VMs for mail, then it may make sense to either spend the time and effort to get them delisted from blacklists and ensure that they do not get on blacklists, or route the mail through a machine with cleaner IP. From my view, this is not much different from that of OVH, Hetzner, Scaleway either.

Of course, some blacklists could be deemed to be less important than others. It's a matter for each to decide, and it's a matter for each to decide whether it is important to be delisted from whichever blacklist.

There is no way to have reverse DNS on their IPv6 addresses. So either disable IPv6 completely or use HE.net tunnels (which have support for reverse DNS for IPv6 addresses). This is not quite different from DigitalOcean which do not allow outbound port 25 on IPv6. So the way to work around it at DigitalOcean would similarly be either to disable IPv6 completely or use HE.net tunnels.

As for blocking by ASN, it's again up to someone to decide whether this is appropriate. But noting that Aruba is a major Italian hosting operator, blocking by ASN would come with some risks also, as one could be blocking legit traffic. But if it is determined that there could be no legit traffic coming from Aruba's ASN, then it could be appropriate.

Aruba IT support is not good. But support from Forpsi CZ and Forpsi SK tends to be better. From my view, Aruba IT support is not much different from that of OVH or Scaleway either, where I have had a mix of smart and blunt response. Hetzner support tends to be better. I know that UltraVPS.eu have been regarded by some as being positive. But I have had a mix of smart and blunt support response from them also, along with performance problems that went on for some time. My best experience with support has so far been with Vultr and Linode, having run some 10+ VMs with Vultr and 20+ VMs with Linode. They were quick to respond, informative, and not blunt!

If Aruba IT decides that you have been a spam source (regardless of whether you are or not!), they could shut down all your VMs with little to no notice. Then welcome to the twisted process of getting them to enable them again. Yes, this is from experience. The VM that triggered Aruba IT shutting down all the VMs in the account was running a mailing list for an academic research group (part of community engagement with the academic researchers, that has been in place for years). But the impact of such shutdown can be minimized by having the VMs spread across multiple accounts. Once it is known of the risk of such shutdown, today, that mailing list is hosted with another provider, but on similar principle of that VM being the only VM in the account.

• The 1e offer is long gone now, even Aruba PL and Forpsi removed it.

• @deathlife23 said:
    The 1e offer is long gone now, even Aruba PL and Forpsi removed it.

Bad news :(