Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NETCUP HELP for dummies
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NETCUP HELP for dummies

I have the root server , i have the number i have the centos 7 but in order to start to install nginex etc ......i must put a login: ( something that does not appears anywhere at least i am not able to see it ) and a scp password what is pretty clear . Any idea of anyone what i must put into the login: area ? Please ? I do not speak german ....so.....

Comments

• Try logging in as root.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

You have a billing area and a different area for managing the vm.
    You need to login into the managing panel instead of the billing panel.

• submit a cancel request and play with something else.

• @teamacc said:
    Try logging in as root.

I have tried it :(

• @Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

Sure ! I am into the console area , not into the billing information ;)

• @ehab said:
    submit a cancel request and play with something else.

@ehab said:
    submit a cancel request and play with something else.

Thanks for your help ! Your help is priceless :D

• If this is a separate vps management panel, you should've received those login details as well. Go through all your mail from netcup carefully.

• in the latter you'll find a big button to bridge to the other without the need for another login.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2018

First of all, you don't give us any information on what are you trying to do. Are you using windows and putty to login? Linux and another terminal?
    If you use root, you can login to your vps. If you don't remember your root password, go to scp client area of netcup, chose your root vps, shut it down (in control, you press shutdown acpi) and then, you go thru menu to "access" option and you change your root password. Go to control again, power up your vps and then, using your new password, login again thru putty (I guss) with root

https://snag.gy/YEzvS2.jpg

But, as @ehab said, maybe you should try to play with something else, if you don't even know the basics...

• Choose a provider whose knowledge base, support and emails are in a language you speak.