Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why contabo VPS/Servers Very Cheap? Looking for Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why contabo VPS/Servers Very Cheap? Looking for Review

2»

Comments

• TBH the VPS quality and the support quality is really good, however, there is something I am not seeing right, about 10-11 times a day my load averages goes from 1-2 to 10-16 making my sites unreacheable, I logged the VPS and it goes not because of me but some neighbor.. anyone with the same issue?

Already reported, they tried to fix it twice but their latest reply was that I need to understand that I am on a VPS and not a Dedicated.. yeah I get that but those load averages.. it literally goes from a little bit more of 1.0 to 10 or 16.0

• @desfire said:
    Already reported, they tried to fix it twice but their latest reply was that I need to understand that I am on a VPS and not a Dedicated.. yeah I get that but those load averages.. it literally goes from a little bit more of 1.0 to 10 or 16.0

The various intel CPU bugs have a nasty bit of kernel switching for certain tasks. Starting up and networking tend to artifically inflate the spin.

• CyberMonday said: The various intel CPU bugs have a nasty bit of kernel switching for certain tasks. Starting up and networking tend to artifically inflate the spin.

Is there a way ro fix it?

• @desfire said:

CyberMonday said: The various intel CPU bugs have a nasty bit of kernel switching for certain tasks. Starting up and networking tend to artifically inflate the spin.

Is there a way ro fix it?

Run your own hardware in a way you don't need to patch around the design.

• I just observed 1.0 load on my idle/fresh 6 core VPS. Logging in over SSH was sluggish. It quickly went back to 0.

@CyberMonday are you sure it's not just CPU overselling?

@desfire have they tried putting you on another node? How many cores does your plan have?

With Hetzner servers having become unmetered, I am probably going to go with them for fully dedicated resources. Their auction server even has slightly better value, leaving aside RAM.

• @gol3m Yes.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @desfire said:
    TBH the VPS quality and the support quality is really good, however, there is something I am not seeing right, about 10-11 times a day my load averages goes from 1-2 to 10-16 making my sites unreacheable, I logged the VPS and it goes not because of me but some neighbor.. anyone with the same issue?

Yes, I had the same issue, after contacting support, first they changed something and i ended up with high load + this issue.

kernel:NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 25s! [kworker/0:0:27669]

After reporting again, they finally fixed it. Not sure what they did but i dont have high load issues anymore. its been 5-6 days (i used to have high load issue almost everyday around the same time)

• desfiredesfire Member
    edited October 2018

@roshan91 said:

@desfire said:
    TBH the VPS quality and the support quality is really good, however, there is something I am not seeing right, about 10-11 times a day my load averages goes from 1-2 to 10-16 making my sites unreacheable, I logged the VPS and it goes not because of me but some neighbor.. anyone with the same issue?

Yes, I had the same issue, after contacting support, first they changed something and i ended up with high load + this issue.

kernel:NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 25s! [kworker/0:0:27669]

After reporting again, they finally fixed it. Not sure what they did but i dont have high load issues anymore. its been 5-6 days (i used to have high load issue almost everyday around the same time)

They told me this:

Thank you very much for your message.

As we can see within our monitoring graphs, your VPS 1400 (IP HIDED) is always heavily utilizing the disks at minute 14 of each hour. The graphs shows values of around 600 IOPS, which is much higher than the maximum IOPS of a single HDD, which is capable of around 100 IOPS. Even though some data is cached by the SSD, which is capable of several thousands IOPS, you might experience some I/Owait on your VPS, which will lead to high CPU load.

For better I/O performance, we would recommend to upgrade to an VPS with SSD storage, which are much better for database applications. Our currently offered VPS models can be found here:
    https://contabo.com/?show=vps

Please note that in case you want to upgrade to a VPS with SSD storage, a reinstallation of your VPS would be required.

I have however checked and did not see anything out of ordinary.. will ask them but 600 IOPS is not that much.. CloudLinux DEFAULT configuration PER SITE is 1024 IOPS os how 600 going to be that much? Not to mention I checked IOwait during that hours and did not see the increase (yeah a bit, but not to that amount).

They insisted in later replies that I need to be aware that I am on a VPS and resources are shared, I know but I have been with +10 companies using more resources and this has never happened, I mean I am just using cPanel + LiteSpeed, never faced this.

• @roshan91In your VPS did it happened daily? In mine is almost hourly

• Mine is ok ... How do you see this?

• hi, mine is also ok, bad neighbor I guess

• They have done something and it has been OK for today.. let's see if it sticks!

• beacuse Not a stable hosting and terrible support is any issue occur there is no protection agaisnt any ddos attack they said they have in house protection system which is fake in which they just block your server than throw you out and called it as a Good Protection :D

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2020

@dashingmee50 said:
    beacuse Not a stable hosting and terrible support is any issue occur there is no protection agaisnt any ddos attack they said they have in house protection system which is fake in which they just block your server than throw you out and called it as a Good Protection :D

Don't necropost

No congrats on your first post