Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wiresix/Colo@ Atlanta Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wiresix/Colo@ Atlanta Down

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

The entire Atlanta datacenter with Colo@ / Wiresix is offline. Their website is also down.

http://www.coloat.com/
http://wiresix.com/

Does anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

:/ Hope it's confined to Peachtree

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited June 2013

This twitter pic of theirs is ironic!

"With so much #uptime we have time to keep our #datacenter clean. "

Thanked by 1Corey
  • Up with NodeDeploy in Atlanta. Not sure which DC they're in.

• Looks like Marietta 56 is also down. It would appear that Atlanta has lost some power. Also, on the Marietta 56 website, it says:

I wonder if they've ever... TESTED... their backup systems.

• Great - my VPS is in Atlanta and just came back up after the CVPS issue last week and now its down again! ugh.

• marcmmarcm Member

Colo@ website is back up. Wiresix, not so much.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

@Magiobiwan said:
    Looks like Marietta 56 is also down. It would appear that Atlanta has lost some power. Also, on the Marietta 56 website, it says:

I wonder if they've ever... TESTED... their backup systems.

It's a power problem =P

From CC: "There has been a power event at the facility resulting in the loss of all or part of the power to the DC floor."

UGVPS is also down in Atlanta because of the power outage :(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Magiobiwan said:
    Looks like Marietta 56 is also down.

Wait, ALL of 56 Marietta?...

55 is up and fine right across the street. Cyber Wurx tech support told me "there is major construction on that part of the downtown area for the streetcar project". Could be related.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

My servers are in 34 Peachtree.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

Wait, ALL of 56 Marietta?...

Isn't Colo@ in 55 Marietta and 34 Peachtree (not 56 Marietta)

• Power outage, WHAT?!

So I can prepare for the worst to tell my biggest Minecraft customer his files are probably corrupt?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited June 2013

Darn, just got uptimerobot email saying my UGVPS is down.

My RamNode is working fine, though.

• marcmmarcm Member

@liquidice said:
    Great - my VPS is in Atlanta and just came back up after the CVPS issue last week and now its down again! ugh.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. That was an exploit that affected other providers as well, this is a power outage. I don't see how CVPS would want to do this intentionally.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

@DalComp said:
    Darn, just got uptimerobot email saying my UGVPS is down.

My RamNode is working fine, though.

Nick is w/ Cyberwurx in a separate facility. Sorry about the outage, lets hope it won't take them too long :(

• @marcm said:
    I don't see what one has to do with the other. That was an exploit that affected other providers as well, this is a power outage. I don't see how CVPS would want to do this intentionally.

Do you think the hack was also CVPS's intention, are you on crack or some shit? After the long cvps downtime and data loss in atlanta we have more downtime and probably partial data loss!

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

I would add, this is also affecting us.

55 minutes so far. Hope it gets fixed soon.

• I'm just going to tag @RyanD, maybe they are already working on it and he can potentially provide us with status updates

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited June 2013

@erhwegesrgsr said:
    Do you think the hack was also CVPS's intention, are you on crack or some shit? After the long cvps downtime and data loss in atlanta we have more downtime and probably partial data loss!

@erhwegesrgsr read my comment again, and no, I don't like name calling.

However I'll explain it for a lesser mind:
    1) I was saying that for the exploit/hack CVPS was not at fault.
    2) For the power outage CVPS is not at fault.

It's just bad luck.

You know, instead of complaining all the time, just switch providers maybe? Oh, that's right, you like low prices. Well guess what: sometimes bad things happen on a budget. The last two mishaps were not CVPS's fault. And you should back up your data off-site, not rely on someone else to do it for you. Again, you don't want to spend any money for that either. Well, too bad then, because things ain't gonna get any better for you.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We (QuickPacket) are at 55 Marietta and we are not impacted.

AFAIK, 56 Marietta is not impacted either.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member

@ramnet said:
    I would add, this is also affecting us.

55 minutes so far. Hope it gets fixed soon.

What facility is ramhost in?

We are in 34 peachtree, 4th floor.

• @Jack said:
    ramnet why do you only appear like once a week then disappear?

Because LET is seldom fun anymore, simply time waste most of the time

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @marcm said:

They're related because it is more downtime - not placing blame on anyone. Just saying - it sucks. Atlanta was one of the hardest hit in the CVPS hack, and now it is down again. At this point I wish I had picked another data center when I bought my VPS.

• @liquidice said:
    Great - my VPS is in Atlanta and just came back up after the CVPS issue last week and now its down again! ugh.

You're not alone. I just got mine all reinstalled and was about to take a backup. Granted, the two events are not at all related, its been very difficult for me to trust CVPS at this point. I've tried several times, but it seems there is always something that crops up right when I'm wanting to use the VPS for something important to me. At least Chris has been fairly understanding about things, can't say his support staff has.

Thanked by 1ExpertVM

It looks like vps.net is affected as well.

http://status.vps.net/

• marcmmarcm Member

@liquidice said:
    They're related because it is more downtime - not placing blame on anyone. Just saying - it sucks. Atlanta was one of the hardest hit in the CVPS hack, and now it is down again. At this point I wish I had picked another data center when I bought my VPS.

@liquidice - I was just commenting as an outside observer. Bad things that are beyond control happen sometimes.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member
    edited June 2013

@liquidice @eggster we all love to kick chris a bit but let's not :) not here and not now :) It's not his fault, my company is also affected by the power outage, ramhost, vps.net, and more. Keep the CVPS related talk in the cvps thread or w/e, im interested in hearing updates about the outage in ATL because i've been affected for over an hour now, not about the cvps SVM incident.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @marcm - You're correct, things do happen outside of a company's control. It seems to happen to CVPS more often than not, at least in my eyes.

• 3 of our machines are down due to this. I wonder if there was any backup power?

• Sorry - my intention was not to blame CVPS, Chris or anything - I was just saying it stinks that Atlanta is down and therefore my VPS has now had 2 major outages in 2 weeks time.