Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPShared 2 day review - will never use again or recommend - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPShared 2 day review - will never use again or recommend

2»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Or woman up.

• @404error said:

Shill? no my friend, I'm simply someone that doesn't like people like you abusing providers and messing it all up for the one's like me.

The supplier adverts a 7 day money back guarantee to one service, it's not for you to order at will to then ask for multiple refunds, that's where the word "abuse" gets into the conversation.
    By your own addition, the provider delivered what you asked for, you simply asked for the wrong thing and now want the provider to take the loss for you. Time for you to own your decisions.

Man up, and play with your own money.

Absolute garbage.

If I test a 1GB Linode VPS and my setup works it is completely reasonable to expect that same setup will work roughly the same on a Hetzner or Vultr VPS with the same specification.

This is the exact same scenario. Ho-ost and VPshared are established providers offering products pitched at the exact same budget shared hosting market. The one difference is that VPshared runs like dog shit and Ho-ost doesn't.

With the one running like dog shit you're damn right I'll take a refund if they offer a 7 day money back guarantee.

I couldn't care less about the money. I care about a service provider breaking my trust.

• @cooper said:

@404error said:

@cooper said:

@404error said:
    TLDR.
    OP was looking to find out the minimum specs for his website, but wants other people to pay for his research and mistakes. But never thought about actually asking that very same people if they were willing to finance his research, then gets mad when told they have nothing to do with his research.

@op, instead of creating this topic, maybe you could have reached out to the provider and ask them if they were willing to take back those 4 services and give you one that you actually know that fits your needs.

Utter pish. Jog on.

TLDR:

Service provider advertises 7 day money back guarantee. Fails to honour statement by pointing to non-advertised sub clause and wriggling out of the guarantee on a shitty technicality.

I've had at least 2 refunds in similar circumstances from other providers on this forum alone. In both cases the service providers offered the refund without me asking after I had worked through various possibilities with them.

No one test a service by buying four units, people test by buying one, then if it fits the bill, then people buy more.
    You on the other hand, expect providers to hand out to you refunds at the speed of your whims, so you thought, "why not buy all 4 now, I'm not risking anything, fk it I'll get it all now, play with it and then make them suck it". You dear sir are one of those clients that force companies to implement stricter rules for everyone.

There's a saying in my country that a rough translation would be something like "the innocent pay for the guilty" What it means is that because of the abuse of a few, everyone pays.

The reason why you want a refund shouldn't even get you one, let alone 4. Be responsible for your own decisions.

Your logic is completely flawed. What on earth do you think a 7 day money back clause is for? What do you think people do during a 7 day grace period? Polish their invoice. Sit on their hands. No, of course not. It's a popular advertising technique and for good reason. It works for both sides.

The situation you are describing would apply to someone continually abusing 7 day free trials by signing up with different email addresses. Or being duplicitous in some other manner.

The keyword phrase "7 day money back guarantee hosting" returns 292 million results in Google. I suppose you're going to tell me all those companies are in the minority with their weird methods of establishing client trust and trying to foster long term relationships with their customers.

But it's NOT a 7 day trial to some one-off purchase that you only buy one of, it's a subscription for a number of services. Your thinking is backwards.

Look, nearly everyone else here understood the refund offer was so you could try something on one service before spending more resources on a failed solution. You're even proving out this exact scenario; you needed to test a certain configuration before knowing if it would even work.

You're bitter you failed to understand what you were buying. You should be happy this lesson didn't cost much.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to be learning from this lesson.

• @cooper said:
    If you advertise a 7 day money back guarantee, honour it.

Whoosh. They're honouring the money back guarantee they advertised, it's your fault you made false assumptions.

Understand now?

• Consider this scenario with 40 services instead of 4 ...

• The OP is childish.. Did not understand that he is the wrong side here..

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Considering the price you are paying and you got exactly what you ordered, and also considering how you even used their support, i don't think a client should even ask for refund

• @cooper said:
    Absolute garbage.

If I test a 1GB Linode VPS and my setup works it is completely reasonable to expect that same setup will work roughly the same on a Hetzner or Vultr VPS with the same specification.

This is the exact same scenario. Ho-ost and VPshared are established providers offering products pitched at the exact same budget shared hosting market. The one difference is that VPshared runs like dog shit and Ho-ost doesn't.

With the one running like dog shit you're damn right I'll take a refund if they offer a 7 day money back guarantee.

I couldn't care less about the money. I care about a service provider breaking my trust.

First off you were not comparing two alike products, moreover, as per your simulated scenario (as opposed to what really happened) you would be testing one instance. Which the provider is happy to refund you for as per your own posts.
    The problem is that you ordered multiple, equal, instances, before testing the service which is what the refund policy is for.

I have no effing clue what's so hard for you to understand here.

If VPShared had told you "hey, you can go ahead and order multiple services, we assure you they fit the needs of your website" then you would have a point, but they did not.
    You were on a run to find the cheapest service possible to run your websites on, now you know. Congrats, your research is complete.

• So I just checked their sales thread and website, there's no mention of a 7 day refund in their promo text (or maybe I'm blind, in which case I apologise).

So I think it's fair to assume that most would assume no refund policy before purchasing, unless they take the time to read the t&c.

Obviously you did read the t&c, but i think after the fact, not before as you indicate in your first post.

You're disgruntled because you dont like their policy wording,which you would have had to read and agreed to before placing the order. It's pretty clear that they only refund the first product.

Bad luck that the product doesn't meet your needs, but count yourself lucky they will even refund one of them.

• We usually provide refunds within 7 days of your first purchase for your first service. There’s a limit of one refund per customer.

Right in the T&C first entry.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited October 2018

@Adam1

There's a tick box that confirms your acceptance of their terms and conditions in the checkout page. Hence most of us have no sympathy for the OP.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @Adam1

There's a tick box that confirms your acceptance of their terms and conditions in the checkout page. Hence most of us have no sympathy for the OP.

IMO he's not being honest by saying he chose them because of a 7 day refund policy, because for him to learn about that, he would have also have to have read that the policy only applies to first service only.