Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Drive Upgraded to Google One & Providing 2TB Space in price of 1 TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Drive Upgraded to Google One & Providing 2TB Space in price of 1 TB

Hey,
I am using google drive for the backup of my cPanel server from last 6 months and which is working pretty well for me. Now google drive upgraded to google one and providing 2 TB space in the price of 1 TB.
Earlier I was paying ~ Rs. 650 (~$8.76) for 1 TB, now paying same for 2 TB :)

Comments

• Thats Cool :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2018

Do not use any cloud storage, if you upload it not encrypted, be aware that it gets scanned, and maybe your account closed with any notice.

Some journalists uploaded deleted videos on there personal google cloud account, which where removed from youtube.

They got the cloud account deleted, without any notice.

If you for some reason need to use that shit, encrypt everything.
    Even if they double the storage, I wont touch it.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • I thought it was always unlimited. Even the lowest plan.

• still 'coming soon' from indonesia, cant wait to upgrade my existing plan

• @Neoon said:
    Do not use any cloud storage, if you upload it not encrypted, be aware that it gets scanned, and maybe your account closed with any notice.

Some journalists uploaded deleted videos on there personal google cloud account, which where removed from youtube.

They got the cloud account deleted, without any notice.

If you for some reason need to use that shit, encrypt everything.
    Even if they double the storage, I wont touch it.

Thanks for information @Neoon I'll confirm this with contacting google team :)

• @sibaper said:
    still 'coming soon' from indonesia, cant wait to upgrade my existing plan

I hope it will be available soon in Indonesia too :D

• edited October 2018

Google drive is enough for me. No need for google one..

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Google drive is enough for me. No need for googke one..

Ok use google drive :) If you don't need "googke" one :P

• @yogeshzade Use GSuite 10 dollar plan for unlimited storage.

• @yogeshzade said:

@Neoon said:

They'll tell you that 'free' means they can do whatever they want - Google Drive / Youtube are all consumer facing. Get gsuite, they aren't going to bother their B2B customers.

• @boxelder said:

@yogeshzade said:

@Neoon said:

They'll tell you that 'free' means they can do whatever they want - Google Drive / Youtube are all consumer facing. Get gsuite, they aren't going to bother their B2B customers.

I am not using any free plan. I took its premium one.

• @AC_Fan said:
    @yogeshzade Use GSuite 10 dollar plan for unlimited storage.

Not really. You need at least 5 users to get unlimited storage. You would have to pay 50 dollar a month.

• @Chuck said:

@AC_Fan said:

Not really. You need at least 5 users to get unlimited storage. You would have to pay 50 dollar a month.

Nope, for now it is still possible to get unlimited with only one user. The 5 user limit is not enforced.

• @graphic said:

@Chuck said:

@AC_Fan said:

Nope, for now it is still possible to get unlimited with only one user. The 5 user limit is not enforced.

so they will delete all your data (over 1tb) when they enforce The 5 user+?

• I highly doubt someone who can decide such things posts on LET.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited October 2018

@Chuck said:

@graphic said:

@Chuck said:

@AC_Fan said:

so they will delete all your data (over 1tb) when they enforce The 5 user+?

No.
    I asked the Google support several months ago.
    They said that no data will be deleted, i should be happy if i got unlimited storage with one user and stop complaining.
    In other words for sure :smiley:

If they enforce the 5 user + it will be for new sign-ups but not for regular users.

But i think if you abuse it, for example 100TB+ then they will delete your files with joy.

Thanked by 1yogeshzade
  • @graphic said:

You asked Google support only a few months ago and already got their response?!

The end is nigh (c) Google+

• @Yura said:

@graphic said:

They answered within 3-4 day's.

• @graphic said:

@Yura said:

@graphic said:

They answered within 3-4 day's.

• Even if they start enforcing, $50 for unlimited storage is still fine, just get 4 friends and you're set.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2018

@hacktek said:
    Even if they start enforcing, $50 for unlimited storage is still fine, just get 4 friends and you're set.

I wouldn't trust anyone. those whom you call "friends" would backstab you someday.

Take a look at this rich CEO:

https://gizmodo.com/5791303/mark-zuckerberg-is-a-backstabbing-little-shit-in-new-emails

ZUCK: yea i'm going to fuck them

https://www.businessinsider.com/embarrassing-and-damaging-zuckerberg-ims-confirmed-by-zuckerberg-the-new-yorker-2010-9

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

Just upgraded my plan and setting up a nightly backup on my NAS now. :) Thanks OP!

• @Chuck said:

@hacktek said:
    Even if they start enforcing, $50 for unlimited storage is still fine, just get 4 friends and you're set.

I wouldn't trust anyone. those whom you call "friends" would backstab you someday.

Take a look at this rich CEO:

https://gizmodo.com/5791303/mark-zuckerberg-is-a-backstabbing-little-shit-in-new-emails

ZUCK: yea i'm going to fuck them

https://www.businessinsider.com/embarrassing-and-damaging-zuckerberg-ims-confirmed-by-zuckerberg-the-new-yorker-2010-9

Make yourself admin and your friends will only be able to do whatever they want with their own quota.