Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec billing panel down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec billing panel down

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Looks like they're either getting hit with a DDoS, or their billing server died.

Either way just FYI it's super slow loading atm and generally either times out or throws a cloudflare error.

Comments

• I know they had a network maintenance window this morning between 12 am and 5 am. That may have something to do with it.

• Shouldn't have been running it on one of those $20 Opterons.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

And this your demonstrated lack of their maintainance notices is super important to deserve a thread, because...?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    And this your demonstrated lack of their maintainance notices is super important to deserve a thread, because...?

They did send out a notice.
    Then again, people don’t read.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Except I posted this at 7AM EST which means the window should be over.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2018

@agoldenberg said:
    Except I posted this at 7AM EST which means the window should be over.

It actually wasn't an outage it was just a big BGP re-convergence on their main router (maybe a few times?) from what I could tell. It was kinda laggy for about 15 minutes and did lose connection a few times, but things were up, just transitioning providers a bunch, which likely caused some high latency and disconnects during a few short periods. Considering the maintenance that was described and the fact they anticipated some of the change over would be rocky and stated to expect some interruptions, it doesn't surprise me too much they had an additional re-convergence outside their planned time.

For a budget provider, I think they did pretty good, actually.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2mikho coreflux
  • No billing panel? NO PAY NEEDED! Free service enjoy. dat a tech :lol: