Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/Dedi provider for mission critical services? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/Dedi provider for mission critical services?

2»

Comments

• Just use @Clouvider and be done.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Clouvider said:
    I agree on Softlayer, but OVH, really ?! With the amount of avoidable failures they had with cooling, single fibre to DC, etc ? You can’t really put OVH in the same shelve as Softlayer, c’mon. Be serious.

Maybe i am a relatively new customer of their (have a VPS since 2016 with them) and that's why I don't really know anything about the issues you have mentioned, so I guess they improved a lot because i had zero problems with them.

• Hamster powered DC.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@dmtr said:

@Clouvider said:
    I agree on Softlayer, but OVH, really ?! With the amount of avoidable failures they had with cooling, single fibre to DC, etc ? You can’t really put OVH in the same shelve as Softlayer, c’mon. Be serious.

Maybe i am a relatively new customer of their (have a VPS since 2016 with them) and that's why I don't really know anything about the issues you have mentioned, so I guess they improved a lot because i had zero problems with them.

Erm, these were separate incidents showing their attitude to resiliency, design, cost-cutting at the expense of quality, etc so I'm confused what your comment is supposed to say, that you consider yourself lucky?

• @Clouvider said: Erm, these were separate incidents showing their attitude to resiliency, design, cost-cutting at the expense of quality, etc so I'm confused what your comment is supposed to say, that you consider yourself lucky?

My comment was supposed to say that currently I am very happy with their service and would recommend it as reliable. By the way, I still haven't found any evidence of what you said, at least in FR locations, so I don't think it's me who should explain myself right now.

• @dodheimsgard said:
    Hey guys

I'm wondering what providers you use for mission-critical stuff?

netcup.de

Great service, minimal stress for me. And great performance with the highest Root Server package.

@dmtr said:

@Clouvider said: Erm, these were separate incidents showing their attitude to resiliency, design, cost-cutting at the expense of quality, etc so I'm confused what your comment is supposed to say, that you consider yourself lucky?

My comment was supposed to say that currently I am very happy with their service and would recommend it as reliable. By the way, I still haven't found any evidence of what you said, at least in FR locations, so I don't think it's me who should explain myself right now.

I'm not going to use the searchbox for you.

• There is no need, because am not going to judge the hoster that provides good service now for his past. Anyway, Clouvider is ofc better than OVH, hope you're happy now.

@dmtr said:
    There is no need, because am not going to judge the hoster that provides good service now for his past. Anyway, Clouvider is ofc better than OVH, hope you're happy now.

It doesn’t bother me mate, I have nothing to prove to you.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

OVH is GREAT - when it works. Everything can work fine, but then it breaks one day... don't bother contacting support then. You'll have a much better luck complaining on one of their mailing lists.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

The last time OVH broke, it was on the news. Have 2 servers with them and they have been solid so far.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

The last time OVH broke, it was on the news. Have 2 servers with them and they have been solid so far.